2021 JGP Austria: Women's Short Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP Austria: Women's Short Program

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Honestly i don't see what is so special about Muravieva. I was "who's this girl?!" the first time i saw Kostornaia and Sinitsyna. Not with Muravieva.
Yes she's vivacious and she matches the drama of this music (or rather the choreo, but she delivers it well). But that's all?
I don't get a score that high for that skate. I would have had the top 3 at 68-69. All within a point.
I agree. I do see the potential for her being a very great skater, but she's so far from a finished product. This SP would have beaten Akatieva's SP from last week with a 3axel-3toe. Makes no sense.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I was waiting for someone else to notice that too :laugh: Dima has the best voodoo eyes since Morozombie...
IIRC the gunshot was still there in Kosice, but she was less in a hurry to finish than at test skates, so it fitted in better. I don't mind either way, I love the programme :D
Gunshot was in Kosice. I don’t know why people didn’t like it. I thought it was a dramatic finale heh

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I agree. I do see the potential for her being a very great skater, but she's so far from a finished product. This SP would have beaten Akatieva's SP from last week with a 3axel-3toe. Makes no sense.
You do have to keep in mind that the 3A in the junior SP gives only a small advantage.

3A-3T has a BV of 12.2
3Lz-3T in the bonus has a BV of 11.11

Doing the 3A combo first means you put the 3F in the bonus, so that's an additional 0.53. And I believe the GOE factor for the 3A combo would be slightly higher because it's tied to BV - so a little bit more potential GOE.

But it's only a 1.62 BV advantage. It's not like in seniors when you're replacing a 2A with a 3A. So between scoring fluctuations between events, execution and PCS, yes it's possible for a skater without the 3A to beat one with it in the SP. For example, Sofia A got a 3F! at her last event, and regardless of whether people think that was warranted, it probably cost her over a point in GOE - there goes a big chunk of the 3A advantage.

However, we haven't seen Sofia A and Sofia M compete head to head internationally yet - I think it's quite likely that Sofia would win the SP with a good performance.