2021 JGP France II: Women's Free Skate | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP France II: Women's Free Skate

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whoever worked on Alysa's skating skills and speed and made those huge improvements in a matter of months to her skating needs to work with Isabeau because that lack of speed and hesitation into her jumps can't continue as she grows and her body changes. There is time though to improve i remember how slow Evgenia was early in her Junior years and while she was never speedy on the ice she did get a bit faster.

Last edited:

katymay

Medalist
She makes the windmill arms move look so nice. What a competitor. She may skate like Sasha Cohen but she's got Zhenya's nerves of steel, even with slightly wobbly looking jumps. She does have exceptional air position which should help her going forward.
I love love love her elusion spin. Best I've ever seen. A medal to the choreographer as well. The jumping technique is a a problem area.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
She’s actually better with that than she used to be—she used to come almost to a dead stop before takeoff. She does still have a way to go on this.
Ah, this is the first time I've seen her (I also watched her SP to catch-up this morning).
If she's already improved from almost stopping, then I'm sure she'll continue to work on the speed.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I rewatched Shcherbakova first SP in JGP and i can't help to see the similarities with Isabeau. But there is less leg grab.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
My final comment from watching closed captions. When Ted introduced the last skater it came up "is about the veto." I really enjoyed the whole set of skaters in this free skate. And enjoyed reading the comments from my fellow Golden Skaters. Congratulations to the winners and thank you to all the skaters and everyone who made it possible to spend a few hours of bliss watching skating again.