2021 JGP France: Rhythm Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP France: Rhythm Dance

readernick

Medalist
That was cute. Usually, the junior women are better performers but Daniel really has a winning smile.

Edit: His reaction in the K&C is even more adorable than his commitment to the program!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Is this team British in the same way Lim & Quan are Korean?

EDIT: Judging by their patterns, no.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now I'll see my compatriots on the ice. Can't give much info about them as this is the info that our figure skating union provides about them:

Can you at least confirm that they are siblings?

Very odd seeing the ISU Bio with full details for Daniel, but nothing for Katerina. That said, I think we had the same thing when we first saw the twins that are representing Israel. I suppose whoever was filling out the forms thought "well, they live together, so no need to fill in the same stuff twice". And the person at the ISU didn't have the gumption to realise that this was the case.

Looks like they are from Nymburk, which is where Anna Dušková is from!

I miss Anna...

CaroLiza_fan

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I have no idea why but this mix of Summertime irks me quite a bit (no offense to the skaters)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Can you at least confirm that they are siblings?

Very odd seeing full details for him, but nothing for her. That said, I think we had the same thing when we first saw the twins that are representing Israel. I suppose whoever was filling out the forms thought "well, they live together, so no need to fill in the same stuff twice". And the person at the ISU didn't have the gumption to realise that this was the case.

Looks like they are from Nymburk, which is where Anna Dušková is from!

I miss Anna...

CaroLiza_fan
I presume they are, that would be really too big coincidence to have the same surname in a city like Nymburk and not being relatives.

Anna is coaching now, maybe we will see her in K&C in time.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Is this team British in the same way Lim & Quan are Korean?

EDIT: Judging by their patterns, no.

Hey, you're one to talk, stealing Corey off us!

Of course, I'm delighted that he is doing so well in Singles in Canada. But, I had dreams of him coming back home and helping to sort out the lack of male Ice Dancers we have.

CaroLiza_fan

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
As in, there aren't a lot of choices for partners..?
That's one of the reasons. Putting the siblings together is easier for everyone, even for parents, and I don't mean it negatively, just that it would be much harder, maybe even impossible, to keep both children in skating if they did separately.

Though is mostly decided "from above" and Even Dušková/Bidař created the pair mostly because the coaches decided "you two will be paired, who's for it, everyone, someone against? No, done."

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Disappointed for Lika and Artem. They are one of the few partnerships I was familiar with, and so I was hoping that they would be up near the sharp end.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Trivia : Gipoulou is a name from South-West of France, not a greek one.

Ah, very interesting. Because of the way it ended, it looked Greek to me (-ou is the female form). But, looking it up now after reading your comment, I see it is actually the name of a village.

Thank you for the information.

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yu and giang... first time seeing them : i loved their enthusiasm and joy.

miku ant tyler 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 : loving their extension on the free leg....

i just woke up... i know... kind of late.... (eastern time zone) so i missed everything... in that case, I often just go back and watch the canadian babies.... hopefully i get to see the entire free dance...

(will eventually watch some of the others.... especially the ones who randomly made my prediction list...)

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hey!! Glad to be back.

I absolutely do - but I am hoping to make it Nebelhorn! (Though I didn't realise my passport expired...so now I have to make a 15 hour round trip to the Newport, Wales passport office next week)

Hope that your Nebelhorn plans work out, tabsy! :pray:
Miss you. 🤗

And there's your JWC frontrunners (assuming the JWC are even held this year, unfortunately for them).

Good basics

Rather hope the Browns can challenge them... they did beat them in both head-to-head competitions this summer.

I too hope/expect that the Browns will make a challenge. :popcorn:

Makita/Gunara are my favorite Canadians, but I wonder also how D'Alessandro/Waddell will fare this season? I bet they would love to make a challenge as well.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
If there were more duets like the Estonian, I’d watch more ice dance. Like, everyone else lost me about 20-30 seconds into the obligatory circling with legs swinging wide…