2021 JGP Krasnoyarsk: Women's Free Skate | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP Krasnoyarsk: Women's Free Skate

Magill

Record Breaker
Adeliya is currently behind her by 1 point she can overtake her in her second jgp if this time around she doesn't try to go for that 3lz-3lo or rotates her 4T.
But has Adelya been given a second GP at all? She did not have it while in France, and I haven't heard about her getting one, but I am not following them so closely so I am not sure...

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
But has Adelya been given a second GP at all? She did not have it while in France, and I haven't heard about her getting one, but I am not following them so closely so I am not sure...
She has a spot a Lubjlana next week (along with Sofia Muravieva), I assume she's still going, it'd be a bit late too make the switch now...but I guess they could?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
She has a 2nd spot, and they’re not going to take it away now, since her results are higher than those, to whom that spot could’ve gone to (2 Lizas). All others already have 2 spots.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Judging here was way too generous compared to the previous JGP where they were a bit more strict.

Here we're back to the usual nonsense, like Akatieva's 4s getting one 0 and one +1 with that rough landing, or Samodelkina's wobbly combination spin getting positive GOE. Also i'm sorry but some of Berestovskaya's jumps were under (the loop looked like it)

But overall still lots of really good performances here, some extraordinary quad attempts, the overall standings i thought were fair. Akatieva deserved to win, the 3a is giving her that big advantage over the others right now. Zinina also was really good, i like her presence on the ice, very nice the opening 4t-2t.

Berestovskaya's free is a mess, the most random selection ever and it's a shame cause she's really good but totally deserves a better long program.

It'll be interesting to see Zhilina vs Akatieva at the same event (not in Russia).

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
My predictions… came true?! :jaw:What a thing to wake up to! Also pleased Sofia Samodelkina, who I adored in the short, managed to move up to bronze.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Judging here was way too generous compared to the previous JGP where they were a bit more strict.
I disagree. Levito had 202 vs. Kulikova's 196. I would argue that Liza's jumps looked more secure with good flow after landings. Isabeau sometimes had a standstill. I would score them within a couple of points as they are equally talented with their own set of strengths and weaknesses. Surely not 6 points apart. And that would be a fair comparison as they are the best current junior skaters without ultra-C jumps. As for quadsters they form a different league. And I would not say that Zhilina was judged stricter than the girls in Krasnoyarsk.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I disagree. Levito had 202 vs. Kulikova's 196. I would argue that Liza's jumps looked more secure with good flow after landings. Isabeau sometimes had a standstill. I would score them within a couple of points as they are equally talented with their own set of strengths and weaknesses. Surely not 6 points apart. And that would be a fair comparison as they are the best current junior skaters without ultra-C jumps. As for quadsters they form a different league. And I would not say that Zhilina was judged stricter than the girls in Krasnoyarsk.
You forget Muravieva. She skated without quads or 3A. I don't see why her free skate is 6 points superior to Kulikova's.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Honestly, I just enjoyed it and was super happy to see both Samodelkina and Betestovskaya picking up speed after a rough start. Wish Wang had some of that liveliness she had in 2019, but still was a solid performance in a tough field.

loving the 2021 field of junior women very much and yeah, I know, I am one of the few who loves Berestovskaya’s free, but I do.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
You forget Muravieva. She skated without quads or 3A. I don't see why her free skate is 6 points superior to Kulikova's.
That's partially true. I would argue that Muravieva's skating looks more mature and should have higher pcs. Then I would keep her score at 202 while pushing up Kulikova to 200 and bringing Levito down to the same 200. All in all my point was that I disagree that judging here was more lenient than during other stages.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
That's partially true. I would argue that Muravieva's skating looks more mature and should have higher pcs. Then I would keep her score at 202 while pushing up Kulikova to 200 and bringing Levito down to the same 200. All in all my point was that I disagree that judging here was more lenient than during other stages.
I agree. Sofia Muravieva is definitely the best PCS junior girl in the circuit. She was my favourite. Good flow on her triples and an expressive character. It will be an interesting fight between six Russian girls and Levito for the six spots in the final.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Sofia Muravieva is definitely the best PCS junior girl in the circuit
Akatieva has better SS and harder transitions, but Muravyova definitely performed better at her stage in terms of emotions, than Akatieva here. She was very concentrated on her elements instead of performing, while Muravyova showed more emotions and connection to music. I wouldn’t say Muravyova is the best PCS skater though, it’s Akatieva. Samodelkina also has very good SS and performance factor, she definitely shouldn’t be scored less than Muravyova. Kulikova + Petrosian are also very good in both SS and performance. Imo, nothing warrants a 7-8 point PCS difference between Muravyova and Samodelkina/Kulikova/Petrosian.

Last edited:

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Sofia Muravieva is definitely the best PCS junior girl in the circuit.
I'd say it's Akatieva, although the programs don't show it at all (apart from her skating skill and transitions). She has great body movement and musical sensitivity, that'll only improve (I hope).

Petroyan is a better performer than Muravieva, as well.