2022 Four Continents: Men's Free Skate | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2022 Four Continents: Men's Free Skate

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brendan Kerry

(on his performance and competition overall) This event has been unlike the others and it was really frustrating having to trying to compete for the Olympic spot I earned again, a week and a half ahead of the Olympic Games. Unfortunately, that was a stressful factor, I mean, I felt really confident, but you never know what anyone can do on the day. Unfortunately, as far as this event is concerned, a lot of focus is wasted. You go out to do the best you can, unfortunately I had it in my mind and my focus was to come here and to do a certain job.

(on his injury) It’s been happening for a few years. I withdrew from the Worlds last year because I had a really bad bone stress injury. About a week ago my left leg started to really, really hurting. I spoke to the coaches, and we went to see a doctor, we did an x-ray and they kind of gave me an ultimatum “listen, we are not saying it will break, but it certainly could at any moment, so you can either stop competing now, rest the leg or we going to have to change how we’ve been training and to be very, very careful”. We pulled back on practicing quads, I’m on the ice for no more than 20 minutes at a time now, and lots of ice (for the leg), I walk around, I don’t do anything, I go to the rink, I warm-up, I skate, that’s it.

(on competing here as preparations for the Olympics) On one hand, it’s good because you get into the rhythm of things, but on the other hand it’s really irritating when you have to compete back-to-back, because nobody wants to go to a competition and not trying to do their best.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

You tell them, Brendan. You tell them. You're the best skater Australia's ever had and it's disgraceful you've been treated this way.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I spoke to the coaches, and we went to see a doctor, we did an x-ray and they kind of gave me an ultimatum “listen, we are not saying it will break, but it certainly could at any moment, so you can either stop competing now, rest the leg or we going to have to change how we’ve been training and to be very, very careful”.
OMG?! WTH?! Is it even safe for him to go to the Olympics?

His poor leg 😭

The AOC should be ashamed.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well good for James trying the quad, there was a video on Instagram where he landed it at the Cricket Club in Toronto. :)

Although, I do wonder what happened go our Aussie skater Darian Kapitch, he was awesome.
Yes, where is Mr Kaptich? He is the 2020 Australian bronze medalist?