2022 Junior World Championships: Women's Free Skate | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2022 Junior World Championships: Women's Free Skate

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Recalling more from the interview I saw... Ilia said his sister was more talented than he was at her age. I don't know how old his sister is, and perhaps this statement is more representative of brotherly pride than anything else. I've never seen footage of his sister. In fact, I don't even know her name.
Would not surprise me if he is proud of her! I am kind of glad she is off radar for the time being..

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
She should be off the radar for a while. I just looked at Ilia's Wikipedia page, and his sister was born in 2014. So, she's 8-ish.
Good grief!! For sure😮🙏

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Don't they start competing at about ten? I mean on the juvenile or whatever level?
Dinged if I know but Icecoverage would know for sure.. I think it can start young but she has a couple of years at least.. whew!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Dinged if I know but Icecoverage would know for sure.. I think it can start young but she has a couple of years at least.. whew!

Sorry, my ignorance is vast (understatement :laugh:) when it comes to juvenile/intermediate/novice, and I do not know the answer to the question.

But I will chime in to strongly agree (y) with the consensus in this thread that at this point, the little sister's skating should be a matter only of human interest, prompting reactions like: Awww, it's sweet that Ilia seems proud of her. :ghug:
It would seem premature to contemplate what, if anything, will become of her skating.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
The answer was on this very site. It seems to be about nine years old. I suppose it depends on the ambitions of the skater and the parents.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Sorry, my ignorance is vast (understatement :laugh:) when it comes to juvenile/intermediate/novice, and I do not know the answer to the question.

But I will chime in to strongly agree (y) with the consensus in this thread that at this point, the little sister's skating should be a matter only of human interest, prompting reactions like: Awww, it's sweet that Ilia seems proud of her. :ghug:
It would seem premature to contemplate what, if anything, will become of her skating.
I retired the year Ilia was born. I was getting out of the U of Ill. the year his mother was born....man am I old! LOL!
Have a good summer, my friend....keep a card or letter coming every so often.....

flipsydoodle

On the Ice
Acording to what I just read, Isabeau lives in New Jersey. At her age, I wonder if her parents would let her train outside the US. Her Mom, Tatiana had big jumps and lots of speed. I don't know much about their relationship but, maybe Tatiana has some connections that could fly in and help her with her jumps and speed.
Wrong mother.

Malinina is Ilya's mother. Yes, big jumps. Very little style, but wow, the jumps....

flipsydoodle

On the Ice
I doubt very much that Isabeau's mom would want Isabeau training in Canada. That would be a huge adjustment for both of them. I could see her going to Raf, although moving to California would be a huge adjustment, too.
Raf doesn't seem to like training women.....

halulupu

Final Flight
I agree about her lack of style but, the other thing Tatiana had was great speed.
Tatiana is the model in the isu text book jump videos! (I know they are not valid anymore, no prerotation, no full blade, changing edge).

Bye the way: Isabeu should definitely look them up and learn ;-)

By the way: For me Jia Shin won. Isabeau is very very lovely and has many qualities, but if the jumps are judged correctly she loses.... Hoped once the Russians are not there, they would judge a little less corrupt (I know how could I🙈)