2022 Olympics Team Event Day2: Men's Free Skate | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event Day2: Men's Free Skate

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
It was better than Nationals at least.
Come on. Please. Did you see Vincent's performance of this program at Skate America? And at other times when he was on. He's just inconsistent for whatever reason. You don't know which Vincent is going to show up. I wouldn't stake team event on that.

I will forever have a bone to pick with the U.S. for not sending Ross to 2018 Olympics over Vincent, who they didn't even need for team event in 2018 with Nathan and Adam. The choice for the Olympics should have been between Adam (in fourth place) and Vincent (in third place), not between Ross (in second place) and Adam (in fourth place).

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yuma was a very hard act to follow. Vincent recovered and didn't completely melt down, and I actually think getting this skate out of his system now may help him personally.
I would make no excuses for Vincent, but yeah, there are plenty of fans who will. Vincent made enough visible errors that of course he was placed behind Mark. Vincent should have been raring to do his best, which would at least have come close to Kagiyama, if not beating him.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Come on. Please. Did you see Vincent's performance of this program at Skate America? And at other times when he was on. He's just inconsistent for whatever reason. You don't know which Vincent is going to show up. I wouldn't stake team event on that.

I will forever have a bone to pick with the U.S. for not sending Ross to 2018 Olympics over Vincent, who they didn't even need for team event in 2018 with Nathan and Adam. The choice for the Olympics should have been between Adam (in fourth place) and Vincent (in third place), not between Ross (in second place) and Adam (in fourth place).

Ross Miner would have likely skated the Olympics just like every other international competition his whole career. What a mess that would have been.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Pretty solid skate by Vincent - Too bad about the pop! Of course, some of his jump rotation is a bit questionable, so that can lower his marks if the caller is strict. I find this program very empty though. It doesn't do him any favours. In contrast, I really enjoy his SP.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
yup... if a team wants gold at this point they need to show up for it... i got a lot of flack for saying Nathan should skate this.. but the proof is in the pudding.
Actually the expression is the proof of the pudding is in the eating but I get it.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Honestly, Mark and Vincent are pretty well-matched. Neither has great jumps (for different reasons), and they are about on par for performance and other aspects of their skating. They both had pretty empty programs.