2023-24 Grand Prix Final Senior Pairs Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Grand Prix Final Senior Pairs Free Skate

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
This is really going to be the showdown I was hoping for. Hase/Volodin delivered and Stellato-Dudek/Deschamps made some little mistakes. Let us look at the advantages and weaknesses the pairs have:

Twist: Both pairs are really strong. H/V only go for level 3. SD/D gain probably 0.5 points here.

SBS: H/V have this spectactular 3T+2A+2A. If clean it will give them huge points! SD/D only go for the 3T+1A+2A. The Canadians maybe struggle with the 3S. H/V need be stronger here to win.

Throws: Both pairs are quite equal.

Lifts/Spin/DS: SD/D are the only pair to perfom a FoDs(3). H/V are (only) capable of a BoDs2. On the other hand the German pair spin is stellar! Lift are quite equal. Canadian lifts are very unique and dramatic. German lifts are classic and huge.

Choreography: SD/D can outperform the Germans with the Vampire program because their overall presence is superior. In my book they need to be clean! This vampire program falls apart with mistakes. The German program always works. It has some magic in it and does not rely on clean elements so much.

General shape: The Germans seem to become better every competition while the Canadians have never been super consistent. Nevertheless Nikita Volodin was sick during the last week. He may have problemes with his endurance tomorrow.

My prediction: It is going to be close but I think the Germans may do it because Pair´s free skating is coming down to the SBS these days. Watch the jump combo tomorrow! It probably is the decider.

PS: The Hungarians also do 3T+2A+2A. There could be two Savin-Teams on the podium!
Your analysis is quite accurate. The question is really : when all teams skate clean, who should win it? :)

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We get Mark this time?! Yay!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now that the Junior Dancers have started their campaign, it is time for the Senior Pairs skaters ti finish their's.

Livestream for Senior Pairs FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSvZoRe4EHQ

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://results.isu.org/results/sea...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://results.isu.org/results/season2324/gpf2023/SEG006.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Pairs is my second favourite discipline, but somehow it seldom works out that I can watch the competitions live. I'm really glad today is a public holiday in Austria, so I can cheer on the skaters in the FS at least. :cheer:
Ooo what's the public holiday for?

I for one am loving that the time difference is only small and works in my favour this time around.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
it's one of my favourite pairs free this year
see, i don't quite like their vampire because i can only like one vampire per year ;) but they are my favourite italian team. Set back is SBS jumps for them though which right now, with the +2a seq is a big problem for teams who have a hard time with jumps

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Happy 29th Anniversary Simon and Debi!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

(Thanks for the tip-off, Mark!)

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
wait.. what holiday is it? I mean... my country is not really a country and is no longer catholic but yeah ... we should get a holiday
Immaculate Concepltion of Mary of Nazareth (invented by the infamous Pius IX in the 19th century, but we get a day of, thank you Pius, you executed a lot of free thinkers, but you gave us a national holyday)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Immaculate Concepltion of Mary of Nazareth (invented by the infamous Pius IX in the 19th century, but we get a day of, thank you Pius, you executed a lot of free thinkers, but you gave us a national holyday)
There is a metro stop in Montreal called PieIX so if we honour him, we deserve that holiday.
I think i will try to get a day off tomorrow ;)