2023-24 Russian Ice Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Ice Dance

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
what happened just few days ago they wore posting stories on Ig together? :(
There is talk of a prolonged conflict. Even the federation officials couldn't bring the guys together.
I think that this is because of Valera's interview, where he told too personal details of his relationship with Vasilisa.

Last edited:

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Angelika Krylova comment:

"Vasilisa and Valera are no longer skating together.
Yes, the guys had conflicts in the summer, but we settled them and now it seems there were no prerequisites, we were actively preparing for the rides.

But that's how it turned out. It was Valeriy's choice. As a coach I don't agree with him at all. From my side, there were many attempts to keep the duo together.
Valera will no longer skate in my group. Vasilisa stays in my group and is currently looking for a partner.

I ask the press not to bother me now".

LadyB

Record Breaker
That's a real shocker and proper sad. :cry: I totally loved them. Hope they're finding matching partners soon.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Can they skate together safely with the lack of height difference? Cirisano seems even less tall than Angelopol.
Cirisano is not less tall than Angelopol, Dario is probably even 1-2 cm taller than him. It's just K/A on ice made the impression that they are tall (but it's not so), and also Angelopol uses boots with high heels.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
OK I like the idea of Cirisano and Kanovskaya
Me too but only if trained by Dario's old coaches Gorshkov & co. :devil: (hot take I know)

Their teams seem to have more out of the box programmes. I liked weird quirky Dario, it would be a waste to mould him into a typical Krylova-style skater.

Otherwise, let him stay with BFP and learn how to unleash that inner Italian fire :D Vasilisa shouldn't need to worry about being partnerless, the rate of breakups in Russian ice dance these days means possibly half of the national team guys can be assumed on the market in a few months...

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Me too but only if trained by Dario's old coaches Gorshkov & co. :devil: (hot take I know)
No, it will be Krylova.

Vasilisa shouldn't need to worry about being partnerless, the rate of breakups in Russian ice dance these days means possibly half of the national team guys can be assumed on the market in a few months...
According to insiders, there's another candidate from the junior team.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
No, it will be Krylova.

According to insiders, there's another candidate from the junior team.
Does that mean a candidate who likely was performing at junior test skates? If so, it's not very nice to break up with their own partner at such short notice...

I know Kaganovskaya isn't going to leave Krylova, unfortunately. Even when Krylova was in Michigan, her teams had nice chemistry but seemed to hit a technical ceiling.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Cirisano is not less tall than Angelopol, Dario is probably even 1-2 cm taller than him. It's just K/A on ice made the impression that they are tall (but it's not so), and also Angelopol uses boots with high heels.
Oh, that's why. I am still not sure it's a great decision, as much as I love both of them separately. Given Cirisano's age and situation, I would rather he stayed abroad. Czech dance is booming and has access to international stage. Way, way more prospects there. Russian ID atm is a dead end, even without the stranglehold from Davis/Smolkin.