2023-24 Russian Ice Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Ice Dance

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Only one such partnership comes to my mind - Tyutyunina/Bagin. And it didn't end well.
Morozov/Naryzhnyy? (Happened after Zhuk/Svinin started working with Morozov the dad)

Khavronina/Naryzhnyy? (Gorshkov et al now collaborate with Zhuk/Svinin)

To put it diplomatically, I have a feeling Z/S play a more active role than other coaches in deciding who skates with whom.

Also sometimes the partners say they had split up already before a new partnership starts, but the timing of this news release seems rather coincidentally close to the better partner becoming available (just like P/N now).

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
At least there are still Mironova/Ustenko. And their incredible free dance announcement.

Hv7NHeZ.jpg
and that's why i love them. also with the current state of russian dance i really hope they can move up the ranks

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
So, it's Kaganovskaya-Nekrasov then? Would be fun to see how that pans out!

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Another partnership that has been confirmed by media today.

New couple: Elizaveta Pasechnik/Dario Cirisano (coached by Krylova).

Edit: Krylova says it isn't yet decided that they would train at her group.

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Dario and Liza are planning to make their debut in the second half of this season.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Angelopol will train in AoP - RIA
I guess nobody else would take him, and Plushenko is willing to take anyone who will pay him? But AoP does not have a dedicated Ice Dance coach, even if they have some former ice dancers among their coaches, so that will be an issue 👀

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
So far it's something like Nugumanova training with SPb ice dancers.
Interesting. Nugu was never an ice dancer, but I could actually see that. She has an eye for beauty and detail, and nice skating skills, even if she doesn't have the technical background of an ice dancer.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Interesting. Nugu was never an ice dancer, but I could actually see that. She has an eye for beauty and detail, and nice skating skills, even if she doesn't have the technical background of an ice dancer.
I meant that she went there to keep her shape (without changing disciplines) because there were no other options.

Angelopol's situation seems same so far.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I meant that she went there to keep her shape (without changing disciplines) because there were no other options.

Angelopol's situation seems same so far.
Ah 😅 Nugu isn't really training anymore though, last I heard she was just doing shows and training some of the very young kids at AoP, so the situation does seem to be a bit different in that he seems to still want to compete (for which you need a proper coach) and she doesn't really?

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Ah 😅 Nugu isn't really training anymore though, last I heard she was just doing shows and training some of the very young kids at AoP, so the situation does seem to be a bit different in that he seems to still want to compete (for which you need a proper coach) and she doesn't really?
We don't know if she wanted to continue. She was on the preliminary list for one competition while training under Elena Sokolova.