2023-24 Spartakiad | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Spartakiad

Azikin

Medalist
Adelia will win for (fast) sure and with her 3A recovered, the silver seems to be promised to muravieva.
Hmmm, I wouldn't be so sure the outcome is settled before it even starts, although I certainly wouldn't mind such result.. ;)
At least the first place..

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Adelia will win for (fast) sure and with her 3A recovered, the silver seems to be promised to muravieva.
The bronze will be more suspenseful : I really hope to see Alina or yametova take that bronze even if i doubt yametova can do this.

Can’t wait !!
Sadkova is taking the bronze 🙏🙏

The word Spartakiade was already tough enough for me, but now seeing the theme of the show challenge event I realize I really have to stop watching Russian figure skating. :frown: :frown:
What are the origins of the word Spartakiad that is so bad I cant find anything on Google

Also after reading your comment I went to check the theme thinking they did something crazy and its just about Russian culture (at least thats what the guy who posted on the forum said)

Mathematician

Medalist
Hmmm, I wouldn't be so sure the outcome is settled before it even starts, although I certainly wouldn't mind such result.. ;)
At least the first place..
Adeliia losing would require a freak accident. Mura's silver is pretty clear, if she has 3 or even just 2 3As she should beat everyone easily unless she falls and still the only threat is really Sadkova if she manages 2 4Ts which is possible. And for bronze I dont see anyone beating Sadkova since she is likely to land at least one 4T in FS and her SP levels are really high; only the 3A girls can beat her SP if she doesnt meltdown like Nats.

4th is between Gorbacheva/Sinitsyna. Hard to tell depends on if Gorbacheva's 4S has recovered.

Remilia

On the Ice
Adeliia losing would require a freak accident. Mura's silver is pretty clear, if she has 3 or even just 2 3As she should beat everyone easily unless she falls and still the only threat is really Sadkova if she manages 2 4Ts which is possible. And for bronze I dont see anyone beating Sadkova since she is likely to land at least one 4T in FS and her SP levels are really high; only the 3A girls can beat her SP if she doesnt meltdown like Nats.

4th is between Gorbacheva/Sinitsyna. Hard to tell depends on if Gorbacheva's 4S has recovered.
I wouldn't put Sadkova as the favorite for the bronze, given that she had very little luck with the quad all season. If anything, I'd say Sinitsyna is the favorite for the bronze, but of course, that depends on if Sadkova and Gorbacheva can land their quads

Mathematician

Medalist
I wouldn't put Sadkova as the favorite for the bronze, given that she had very little luck with the quad all season. If anything, I'd say Sinitsyna is the favorite for the bronze, but of course, that depends on if Sadkova and Gorbacheva can land their quads
Well yea she had an unstable season but the linear progression was obvious into Nats and remember she was recovering from injury during the early season. She still dropped 150 even after falling on a quad and her triples looked way more stable. I think assuming the same linear trajectory on her recovery and including her high levels she is a favourite, definitely over Sinitsyna at least considering her better SP and having a high chance for at least one quad. Gorbacheva is always really good though aside from her 4S which hasnt shown any trajectory at all this season. I'd probably put Sinitsyna over Gorbacheva actually if were going by objective evidence. Sinitsyna also hasnt been at her best this season for a few reasons such as her injury most likely being the foremost.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
According to Sikhuralidze, only doctors can make a desicion regarding Gumennik's participation.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I'm sure they gave it to Belarusians. And I'm kinda mad about it. They don't even in competition. They don't even send national champions (who are much stronger).
Aleksandra Prokopets about it (Prokopets/Vaskovich are the second subs, but the first subs Kachushkina/Volkov are in China so Prokopets/Vaskovich are the ones who could replace Mironova/Ustenko)

This is what justice looks like here.
We were working, preparing, skating programs in the hope that we would go if someone withdraws. We are the second substitutes and should go. We are ready to come even now, even tomorrow. But we were told that it is "late".

Mathematician

Medalist
undisputedcry.gif

Skating91

Medalist
Women's is a disaster. It will still be fun to watch it's the last real event of the season, but already was severely diminished without Valieva. You can take out all the other skaters we expected to see this season like Tuktamysheva, Zhilina, Akatieva, Zinina, Samodelkina, but Valieva brought the star power.

Does this mean Polina is in though? I think she was next to be called up?

There will be quite an even fight for silver and bronze.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Muravieva has withdraw for medical reasons :(
Mura wrote on her Telegram & IG story that she unfortunately fell ill last week and hasn't managed to recover in time. She apologized to everyone who was looking forward to her skating and expressed her regret for having to miss the Spartakiad. :(

At least it's not an(other) injury, not that illnesses are always harmless, but usually they're more temporary than injuries that would force a skater to withdraw.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Muravieva has withdraw for medical reasons :(
Oh, noooo. I hope it's something minor, and she just doesn't need extra stress/potenial for injury.

Also, given how bad it sounded for Gumennik, I am happy he WD'd. He needs his health!