2023 CS Nepela Rhythm Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 CS Nepela Rhythm Dance

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Finally here, and ready to rock (though I did peek in at the LaLas this morning, found them slow, and didn’t see much MJ feel.)

Ready for the best event of any comp, the RD!!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
They had some mistakes. A lower score is appropriate.
I have no problem with that.
Do you think the judges and technical speciallists are going to pick on them or something?
I hope not but... as a top team, they had a huge disadvantage last season because Canada only had two spots for worlds... so they haven't been seen out since 4CC. We all know how this can be a factor in ice dance. Momentum. Also, their draw is certainly not going to help them.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I have no problem with that.

I hope not but... as a top team, they had a huge disadvantage last season because Canada only had two spots for worlds... so they haven't been seen out since 4CC. We all know how this can be a factor in ice dance. Momentum. Also, their draw is certainly not going to help them.
There were some technical errors that were even visible watching on a tiny phone screen :) And a long wait for scores, never a good sign. Just based on what I saw, I didn’t think they were underscored.

It’s early yet, of course! I think this may be the first time they’ve competed this program.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Meanwhile my dilemma: I wanted to get my tub of ice cream during ice resurfacing but maman is asleep near the fridge, and if she sees me getting ice cream at 1:33 am she's going to give me an earful
she has to go to bed at some point

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
There were some technical errors that were even visible watching on a tiny phone screen :) And a long wait for scores, never a good sign. Just based on what I saw, I didn’t think they were underscored.

It’s early yet, of course! I think this may be the first time they’ve competed this program.
Indeed it's the first time they compete this program. I was at CQE and ACI and they were not registered for the first and scratched from the latter. Mistakes happen and that is all fine. Whether on a tiny phone or a big screen, botched twizzles are easy to spot.. no need for the hyperbole. I am more curious about the pecking order as they haven't been seen by the judges in several months. That is all. This competition features a couple of teams who are often well rewarded by judges while raising a lot of interrogations from some fans, so you will excuse me if I am a bit curious about my beloved parrots.... (and yeah, I know, you don't like them, and that's fine)