2023 JGP Istanbul Women's Short Program | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Istanbul Women's Short Program

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
It's a very pretty costume, if someone were to wear it at a gala or party I'd say beautiful. But in figure skating I want that rule that forbids light blue-white costumes. They are everywhere and I find them incredibly pale and boring.
I'say it depends on what program the skater is doing. Ami obviously is going the "cute fairy" way and the dress is a logical choice. A black leather outfit wouldn't really do the trick, would it?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
the fog kind of suits this program. + 5

There have been a few programmes today where the fog has added an extra ambiance.

Mind you, it would be so funny it see somebody skating to "Walking On Sunshine" by Katrina And The Waves in the fog! :laugh: :devil:

**** Quickly scurries into the Ice Dance thread to see if anybody is planning to skate to this. But, alas, there is not! ****

CaroLiza_fan

icewhite

Record Breaker
I'say it depends on what program the skater is doing. Ami obviously is going the "cute fairy" way and the dress is a logical choice. A black leather outfit wouldn't really do the trick, would it?

No... and although I love black leather outfits for skaters I do of course not want everyone to skate in it... It's just that particular coulour combi which I find so boring on the ice in general...it's even worse with the men with their generic shirts in those shades.

(I had a costume thread with my favourite costumes but then my computer (well open office) deleted all my updates and I wasn't in the mood to do it all over again... maybe I will take a look at it after all and we can all discuss again what costumes we like 😁 Cause I love talking costumes.)

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Julia Sylvia is literally the coolest skater by far, and she has always been the coolest. Such a shame her jumps just rarely ever seem to work out, and not even because her jumping technique is bad, she's just inconsistent.

If she ever wants to get rid of the jumps, she could be an IT girlie in Ice Dance, to me she has the same special factor as skaters like Madi Chock.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
If I had kept Elyce as the fifth skater in my predictions (which I didn't because, despite my love for her, I know of her inconsistency), I would have predicted all of the skaters in the current top five - Not in the right order, but all of them.

There's still the Free skate to come, so we'll see how my predictions hold up after that.