2023 JGP Istanbul Women's Short Program | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Istanbul Women's Short Program

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Eve, here, is wearing something more in that style

I was going to say that we actually end with double black leather! But, Julia's costume isn't actually leather. It's just a normal figure skating dress.

By the way, one of the FTA movie channels is having a 50 Shades Weekend in a couple of days. Should I give it a go, @elektra blue, or would it disturb my delicacies too much? :p

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I was going to say that we actually end with double black leather! But, Julia's costume isn't actually leather. It's just a normal figure skating dress.

By the way, one of the FTA movie channels is having a 50 Shades Weekend in a couple of days. Should I give it a go, @elektra blue, or would it disturb my delicacies too much? :p

CaroLiza_fan
get ready to be bored

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
Actually watched most of the junior girls live, but I was at my friend's house without my laptop, and my phone isn't that great to post here 😅
(had to watch Ami on my phone in the car though, that sucked 😭)

But anyway, so glad to see both my children did well :hap10:

Love Rena's expressions and choreography in her 2nd half of the program. Music combo was a bit unusual, but it works :biggrin:
Ami, wow that StSq is just amazing 😍 So much speed and flow, and really matched the music too. And how on earth did you save that 3F plus still tacking a 3T on it, child!! You gave mama a bit of heart attack with your 3F diagonal axis 😅

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Caught up this morning. I think Yujae was my favourite, but I am unsure if that is partly because some of the other top girls were in pale dresses, very pretty but got washed out in all the fog (I am sad that no one did some sort of moody horror music...) and were harder to watch properly. We'll see in the FS if TPTB manage to clear the air.

I like really lovely pale outfits (my absolute favourite costumes include Eunsoo's and Karen C's white ones) but I agree the women would be wise to think twice about how they look on the ice.

However, the top flight are all lovely to watch and all of them worked on looking like they were having fun.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's a very pretty costume, if someone were to wear it at a gala or party I'd say beautiful. But in figure skating I want that rule that forbids light blue-white costumes. They are everywhere and I find them incredibly pale and boring.
As a you-know-who follower, I can imagine the uproar by Japanese and worldwide fans had such a rule been brought in then...

Ahem. I do think that the conditions here did not help anyone in a pale costume, and what looks exquisite close up in a dressing room mirror can look washed out at a distance on the ice.

But god, it is better than the black my-uncle-got-this-at-an-op-shop duds of a lot of men (with exceptions, many it seems from the countries where fs is most popular or growing, funny that) who mostly would look better in their practice gear than what they turn up in.

denise3lz

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Thank you for telling us the context of the music, Mark. It totally makes sense now.

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

All of the Japanese and Korean skaters were really good. But, I have to admit, this was my favourite of them.

New leader.

Now much covering the Japanese and Korean skaters. Just 3.43 points from Ami in 1st to Rena in 4th. :drama:

It's going to make for an epic Free Skate!

CaroLiza_fan

Mark told:
"God bless you" is from Japanese drama set in maternity hospital

I know at least 4 programs by 4 different choreographers exixts.
Rika Kihira 2020-21 FS, Kornel Witkowski 2021-22 / 2022-23 FS,
Ami Nakai 2023-24 SP, Kaori Sakamoto 2023-24 SP.