2023 Skate Canada Free Dance | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate Canada Free Dance

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Medals have a maple syrup insert in the middle
Speaking of maple syrup - one of chocolates I've bought as gifts for Espoo for skaters are in maple flavour! :)
20231029_020749.jpg

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I only expected to be mesmerized by one team from the final flight. I also expected that Saulius would well.. be Saulius... :)
I expected to love the last two, and was let down by both in opposing ways. At least Saulius was pretty!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A good tip is to NOT trying to 'understand' how Ice Dance 'works'. Find things you enjoy and never associate them to 'pecking order'. Believe me, too much emotional investment in this discipline is damaging, I'm the prime suspect :laugh:
Kaitlyn and Jean Luc are the best. I agree that emotional investment is damaging..and I'm emotionally invested in an intermediate team.......

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
See you tomorrow for the Gala as I am off to the hospital to work in the blood bank. Oddly appropriate given Deanna & Max will be skating.. gotta protect the blood supply.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Kaitlyn and Jean Luc are the best. I agree that emotional investment is damaging..and I'm emotionally invested in an intermediate team.......
and you are invested in a team that is not eligible to compete in seniors too.. (pairs).. you really make it hard on yourself

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
and you are invested in a team that is not eligible to compete in seniors too.. (pairs).. you really make it hard on yourself
I know! and they won't be eligible until ...next year I think? But they are soooooooo good.