2024 JGP Osaka Free Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2024 JGP Osaka Free Dance

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Bravoooooo SaraAtsu!!! šŸ”„ā¤ļøā€šŸ”„šŸ”„ Perfect twizzles!!
I love love their expressiveness, especially Sara. Both of them seem to really love this program.

I was worried about the state of Japanese ice dancing after KanaDai's retirement and KidaMori breaking up, but I'm not worried now :biggrin:
Japan doesn't lack promising ID teams
They haven't for a while now
The fed just likes to keep 'em hidden and green šŸ˜’

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Close for the gold. Either team team deserved the win I think but I was really impressed by the Israeli team's interpretation of Ghost Dances. Really brave choice.

(I get the idea behind his costume but I think maybe the execution wasn't so great. Maybe some skull/mask like face paint would've helped)

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Btw, anyone mocking the Israeli team needs to go google Ghost Dances by Christopher Bruce. It's a dance piece that's a tribute to the disappeared victims of political oppression in South America.

Some of the male dancers (portraying death spirits i think?) wear body paint, and that's what the costume is trying to recreate

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
Some of the male dancers (portraying death spirits i think?) wear body paint, and that's what the costume is trying to recreate
(I get the idea behind his costume but I think maybe the execution wasn't so great. Maybe some skull/mask like face paint would've helped)

Thanks for giving us the context for that! Now I realized I actually have watched Ghost Dances live on stage before, but I just completely forgot until I saw your video šŸ˜…

I agree that Alexei costume makes sense but wasn't executed well, it looks silly which is the exact opposite of what you want from a death spirit. Mask/facepaint will definitely help, and that drawn-abs need to go.