2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Rhythm Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Rhythm Dance

sworddance21

On the Ice
Honestly, there is something about Bella and Vanya that reminds me of Hawayek and Baker in the genuine-ness of their performing ability. I don't feel like they are FORCING anything. That's how I feel about my favs H/B - the perform without being performative.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Like yes, Z/K are good but imo they’re not ready to challenge for the podium here unless something goes horribly wrong in the final group
Z/K almost made it into the top 3 last season, and honestly, I'm expecting them to place in the top 5 again this year too. Like them or not, saying they have a shot at the podium is not unreasonable or unprecedented.

Last edited:

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Honestly, there is something about Bella and Vanya that reminds me of Hawayek and Baker in the genuine-ness of their performing ability. I don't feel like they are FORCING anything. That's how I feel about my favs H/B - the perform without being performative.
I loved Bella & Vanya. They have so much enthusiasm, speed and attack. I think that the point Ash was making as told to her by Ben is that speed can sometimes trip you up. I saw them do those twizzles in practice so many times at speed that this was the one of 10 times that something tripped her up or a rut in the ice.. He and Tanith had that happen to them one year at Worlds and learned that lesson.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I can't with Ash and Adam. They add nothing to the coverage. Now they are finally quiet with Ling/ Wein, at least a little.

But notice how they were critical of Flores/ Desyatov's power, saying 'that's when mistakes creep in,' vs the gushing over how W/T 'fly over the ice.' I am not liking these obvious favoritism talking points about two teams who are close in ability and rivals in pushing toward the top.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Have arrived and turned on Peacock, only to find out that we have commentary! Who is this blathering on? (someone who knows little about ice dance, obviously)

Ashley Wagner and Adam Rippon :cautious:

In my humble opinion, they are awful. Yes, that's strong, but this is not good. Ashley makes me long for Tara ....