Artem Kovalev | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Artem Kovalev

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Moscow Championship SP only

“At the Moscow Championship, he skated the short program, and a sprain was found. The groin aches. There is no crime, we just thought that it was pointless to skate the free through pain shortly before the Russian Championship. Artem himself wanted to compete, but I was against it. Three or four days will rest, and from next week will begin to fully train and prepare for the Russian Championship, "Volkov said.

According to the coach, at the Moscow Championship, Kovalev “skated gorgeous in the short program,” for which the skater scored 91.73 points.

“He performs well everywhere this season, except for the Grand Prix stage (11th place), where really nervous tension went off scale,” the coach added. “At the Russian Championship, the usual content will be skating. We thought to put another quadruple, but this is still great risk. Although in Chelyabinsk we will assess the situation again."

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi all!

I sent a PM out a few days ago regarding the Video Project. If you are interested in doing Artem (or anyone else), shoot me a PM! :)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artem Kovalev takes 6th place, having skated the program with a quad salchow, but having allowed an annoying fall on a twizzle.

- Unfortunately, there were some mistakes. An unexpected fall. On a twizzle. At the first moment, when I started to twizzle, the first turn turned out fine, and then the fall. In training, this also happens. Twizzle, in general, is a dangerous thing, and dancers fall from twizzles. By the way, I never fell from this element, the first time. Hopefully the last one. I wanted to do twizzle effectively, fast, like a whirligig. And when I went into the second turn, I felt that the skate was sliding sideways. The rotation stopped, and the body continued to move. Well, I fell. Nevertheless, this rental is better than at the Grand Prix. A week before the Grand Prix, I was glad that I had qualified, and then the jitters began. Therefore, at the Russian Championship I tried not to think about anything, I just walked from element to element and calmly performed.

DSC 8615

Between the Grand Prix and the Russian championship, I had another start - the Moscow championship. There we decided to skate only the short program, because the free program was not sufficiently developed, there I started not in the best shape. In Moscow, I skated a short one without falling on the steps, like here. Then I switched to preparing for the Russian championship. Unfortunately, this time was not without injuries. But let's not talk about them. I am glad that now this circumstance - the injury did not stop me, - said Artem Kovalev.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Junior Nats SP https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I9BGzQDM2os

Kovalev told why he could withdraw from the Russian championship​

“I could withdraw from the Russian championship, - said Kovalev at a press conference. - Literally last Thursday, I did not know whether we would go or not. There was no competitive readiness. We thought, to shoot or prepare. We trained very hard, diligently. We trained at CSKA. Svetlana Sokolovskaya. There were no restrictions - as much as you need, skate as much. In Gorki-10 we have to go far to the new skating rink, so we decided to work there (at CSKA). "

“On Thursday evening we talked with the coach for a very long time. So that there were intensive classes, but so that I did not get very tired at the same time. My unpreparedness is due to the fact that we studied new elements for a long time and did not prepare specifically for this start. I took eighth place in the adult championship of Russia and should, like, get into the national team for the next season "

Press conference

Pics

Last edited:
Reactions: LRK

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Junior Nats FP

"There was a chance, but I unfortunately didn't take it. I was just nervous, strange, but I was very shaken at the start," Kovalev said. - We will draw conclusions for the final of the Russian Cup, we will have to show the maximum there. And now we'll see what didn't work out and we'll decide what to do next."

Pics

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Instagram volkov_iceteam:

Alexander Volkov and Martine Dagenais stopped working in Academy “Angels of Plushenko”.

We want to thank Evgeni Plushenko, management and all the coaches for a great three years of work together!
It was an interesting and productive partnership.

We together went through a long way, trained many amazing athletes and achieved impressive results !!! We want to wish all of us the best of luck and success !!!

Saw this coming.......

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As it became known to SE, the Russian figure skater Artem Kovalev will leave the Angela Plushenko Academy because of the departure of his coach Alexander Volkov. Which school Kovalev will go to will become known in the coming days. Before the junior championship of Russia, Kovalev trained on the CSKA ice.

The skater himself refused to comment on his future: “At the moment I can’t say anything, sorry,” the athlete answered to a question from a “SE” correspondent.

- Yes, Artem is leaving with me. He has been with me since childhood, - said Volkov.

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artem is, according to him (😆), going to be at Junior test skates.

He's trying to get 2 JGP, one he hopes for is Canada (although he is sad there's not one in the US), because it's hard to replace anyone if very few skaters have a Visa! 😅 I like his way of thinking. That strategy, twice, did not failed Vetlugin!

Although if one event was to be cancelled (pandemic!), my bet would be on Canada sooo..... 🤣

Apparently he did a live feed with a ice dancer and said as much.

Good luck to him in preparation for the new season!