Artem Kovalev | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Artem Kovalev

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well test skates were today. No video but for the SP music, it can be safely said that he returned to his 2016-2017 FS music, "House of Flying Daggers." This was quite a successful program for Artem. Pity the stream hardly showed anything.

On another note, my goodness how tall is he now? :biggrin:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexander VOLKOV, trainer of Artem KOVALEV

- We were preparing for the season in Moscow, did not go anywhere, we had training camps at home. On August 1, we began to train at a new skating rink in Novoperedelkino, where my school was opened - "Alexander Volkov's Figure Skating School". We have a large sports complex there, four ice fields, a game room, a gymnasium for physical training, choreography, a swimming pool - all conditions for preparation.

VolkovKovalev21

Now, while Artyom and I are at the rental, there is a
recruitment of children into groups. The coaching staff of the school - my wife Martina, Alexander Zotov, Dmitry Zykin - he leads the choreography, jazz class and Alena Ryvkina. It turns out four trainers and a choreographer.

As for Artyom's programs, we left the free program to the music of the Queen group, because the last season was chaotic, without international starts, and the program turned out to be successful, it looks good, everyone likes it. Martina put it.

The short one was changed, they took the music "House Of Daggers and Samurai Collection", to which Artyom skated during the season when he made his debut at the Junior Grand Prix in Japan. The program has been slightly altered, it looks different.

Over the summer, Artyom has grown a lot, became a head taller than me. While it is difficult for him to control his body, but we are trying, working. At the rental, we skate the free with one quadruple - salchow. We do the second in training, but in Novogorsk we will not insert it into the program yet. And so, plans for the season to perform three quads in the free - two salchows and a toeloop. - said coach Alexander Volkov.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
FP

He'll learn one day to cope with the pressure. So far he has the 4th highest score among the Russians. Let see if he gets another event.

LRK

Record Breaker
FP

He'll learn one day to cope with the pressure. So far he has the 4th highest score among the Russians. Let see if he gets another event.

I just finished watching the competition - though I'd already "cheated" by finding out the results beforehand. I winced at every mistake he made, though I've certainly seen worse - he didn't have a meltdown, but his mistakes were just too costly here.

I'm sure he will learn with practice & experience. My present worry is that his placement here will mean he won't get another spot - here's hoping they do consider his score as well, and not only the placement.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Last edited: