Artem Kovalev | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Artem Kovalev

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
ETA: Now that I think about it unless they send Ugozhaev, Dikidjhi, Belyavsky somewhere in the next week or 2, or invite Danielian/Vetlugin to join the fun there are only 8 guys with minimums vying for 3 spots, realistically only 6 (I don't think they will send Zonov or Fedorov), the other guys with minimums have better things to do (Olympics) or haven't skated this season. So there still is a good chance to snag a spot but Artem needs to control his nerves.
Oh, Danielian… I didn’t think about him, but if Vetlugin gets another chance and the other three clear TES it is going to be one hot CRF for Kovalev. I hope he does well.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think they mean the team with substitutes (they have to send the entry lists to the ISU before RCF, don't they?).

Yes, but the team for the men will only be preliminary, they will skate again at the finals and only then a team will be named. Like I said, there are not that many guys with minimums to begin with, so Kovalev has a good shot.

LRK

Record Breaker
Ugh, a pit of anxiety just opened up again - I thought we were done with it. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, though, as I did expect the fed to sit on the decision until the last possible moment.

Let's not mince words, the men's free skate was a shambles. It was one nightmare skate after another. I'm not sure that it can really be said that anyone won, since SOMEONE had to, no matter what.

I do think that Artem has a vERY good shot at making the team - I always did. I do not believe he will have such a skate as that again, I just don't.

I certainly don't blame the boys for being nervous - just reading this news made me feel horrible, and I have nothing to do with it!;)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artem will be at test skates this coming weekend.

ETA: Not a lot of Artem but he is in this video. Behind the scenes of a photoshoot

Post SP interview. Grew over the summer, now 189.5 cm!

SP

FP

ETA: Artem will be at the 2nd and 6th stages.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Artem's FS from Nationals:

Artem was on fire 🔥 ! He came fifth overall so :clap:

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Artem's fifth place is probably the most unexpected result of the entire competition. Very well done! He is literally above 190 cm.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
From Artem's Telegram chat.

XUsxlnu.png