Asada v. Tuktamysheva: 2015-16 | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Asada v. Tuktamysheva: 2015-16

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am talking about the present not some years like 2011 or 2013. I've seen her SP from Cup of China last week and her flip, loop and (f)lutz were all underrotated.

Have you noticed that every single post in your history is criticizing Mao. :think:

TheCzar

On the Ice

yhmafan

Medalist
Have you noticed that every single post in your history is criticizing Mao. :think:

Thanks Sam. I just noticed that, every single post repeatedly all the time was like “she is overscored” “her jumps are underrotated” etc etc etc... :palmf: Seems like the poster comes to GS JUST only for that?!?!? :think: Anyways, it’s so weird really....

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/gpchn2015/gpchn2015_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf

Only the loop, but then when was a backend loop combination last ratified? And rest were clean. But maybe you're much more qualified as a technical caller. You should audition.

Murakami got his 3Lz-3Lo called clean at Skate Canada. :)

How awesome is it that we have two ladies who can land 3As? I mean, I still think Liza's is cleaner, but two ladies at the same time is like boss.

David21

On the Ice
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/gpchn2015/gpchn2015_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf

Only the loop, but then when was a backend loop combination last ratified? And rest were clean. But maybe you're much more qualified as a technical caller. You should audition.

I don't need any protocols to know which jumps were underrotated, thanks. I watched them in slo-mo. Other posters on this forum agreed with me on that.

As for the loop being ratified....when Slutskaya tried triple-triple combos with the loop as 2nd jump, most of them were ratified.

David21

On the Ice
Thanks Sam. I just noticed that, every single post repeatedly all the time was like “she is overscored” “her jumps are underrotated” etc etc etc... :palmf: Seems like the poster comes to GS JUST only for that?!?!? :think: Anyways, it’s so weird really....

Yeah, sorry that I dare to point out the truth about Mao's jumps. I can imagine that a poster with Mao in her/his avatar doesn't like that but I guess you have to live with my posts.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I don't need any protocols to know which jumps were underrotated, thanks. I watched them in slo-mo. Other posters on this forum agreed with me on that.

As for the loop being ratified....when Slutskaya tried triple-triple combos with the loop as 2nd jump, most of them were ratified.

Mao won this competition on paper. You can go on and on about underrotations, but the protocols give the final call on her jumps.

Sorry, toots. Deal with it. :cool:

David21

On the Ice
Mao won this competition on paper. You can go on and on about underrotations, but the protocols give the final call on her jumps.

Sorry, toots. Deal with it. :cool:

Btw, a jump can be underrotated and deserve a -1 even when there is no > sign so the protocols alone don't tell us everything but you probably don't even know the rules. :p

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Btw, a jump can be underrotated and deserve a -1 even when there is no > sign so the protocols alone don't tell us everything but you probably don't even know the rules. :p

Apparently, when you say the protocol, it only refers to the caret and not the negative GOEs? :confused:

IJS 101: the protocol refers to the score and the entire breakdown of all elements below (GOEs and technical calls). :palmf:

By the way the caret used by the IJS is < (less than) not > (greater than). Perhaps it is you who needs reacquainting with the judging system? ;)

yhmafan

Medalist
Yeah, sorry that I dare to point out the truth about Mao's jumps. I can imagine that a poster with Mao in her/his avatar doesn't like that but I guess you have to live with my posts.

This is the post from another thread that I was impressed.

Nit picking and negative spinning is what haters do to justify their extremely biased perception and to influence others. Fans can be critical of different aspects of a skater's performances and it does not make them haters. Haters ignores everything good the skater does on and off the ice, but zero in on any and every scrap their can misconstrue and blow up. Interestingly they follow their object closely, often more so than the fans, in order to find nit piking opportunities. Negative obsession and virtual stalking are worse than petty, they are driven by irrational hatred.

If you say it’s your work then you will forever continue to do no matter what.
But I still wish you could find something positive side about Mao from her skating/performances some day.

David21

On the Ice
Apparently, when you say the protocol, it only refers to the caret and not the negative GOEs? :confused:

IJS 101: the protocol refers to the score and the entire breakdown of all elements below (GOEs and technical calls). :palmf:

By the way the caret used by the IJS is < (less than) not > (greater than). Perhaps it is you who needs reacquainting with the judging system? ;)

Obviously you didn't understand what I was trying to say. :p

If you say it’s your work then you will forever continue to do no matter what.
But I still wish you could find something positive side about Mao from her skating/performances some day.

I can find plenty of good things about Mao's skating. Other posters talk about that all the time here so that is not my job. I am here to point out the things which apparently lots of posters (and judges) don't notice and the things which are wrong with the judging and the critcial things about Mao's skater. Labeling me as a hater because of that only shows that I have hit a nerve and that I'm right and doing the right thing.

yhmafan

Medalist

I can find plenty of good things about Mao's skating. Other posters talk about that all the time here so that is not my job. I am here to point out the things which apparently lots of posters (and judges) don't notice and the things which are wrong with the judging and the critcial things about Mao's skater. Labeling me as a hater because of that only shows that I have hit a nerve and that I'm right and doing the right thing.

:shrug: I noted you.

Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker

Oh, honey. Bless you.

CarneAsada

Medalist
I'm including the warm-up where she comes out and does her set up for the 3a. I was just joking around that she starts telegraphing the jump from that moment and in a way...she kind of is. It's a serious jump though so I don't see it as a problem. Actually telegraphing doesn't bother me at all. I want clean landings more than anything else.
Do you mean the one where instead of jumping, she just kinda flings her left arm to the side?

Actually, Slutskaya's done plenty of massively underrotated 3-3Lo combinations, many landed completely forward. Witness, especially, the 3Lz-3Lo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxFjlJpi5MY

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
And was already declared by some the queen of 3a. As opposed to someone who has been doing it since she was a junior. You say Mao was hot and cold, well we are not talking about a 3t or 3S. We are talking about a 3a even some man don't have a reliable 3a.

If it wasn't for Mao continuing to do the jump, do you think Liza will even think about doing the jump?
:scratch2: She did it last year when Mao wasn't there.