European men kicking ball in France | Page 16 | Golden Skate

European men kicking ball in France

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
What’s the purpose of the children walking, holding hands with the players before match. OK, I guess symbolism for the coming generation. Wonderful expierence for the kids of course, but is there more. Some players being nice talking to them, though focused on the game. I never hear the commentators talk about the kids, how they are chosen or even saw an interview with one of the lucky ones.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
0-2.... lot's of things happening

all those big chances and Germany just can't hit the goal :eek:hwell:

So Portugal-France in final :clap:

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
This is the worst. Germany, get your sh*t together before the world cup. I'm going to be miserable for the rest of the skating off-season if federer doesn't win wimbledon on top of this.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
LOL about France team doing the volcano... I know they have some(not active for ages though I think)

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Great match! There's one thing I didn't understand (and I normally don't pretend to know better than those coaches) why Germany used Müller as their only(!) spearhead. He's no center-forward. With a player like Klose (or Gomez, but he was injured ...) things might have looked very differently imho. Yes, they had a lot of chances, especially in the last 20 min, but that's only natural because they were taking huge risks. And Boateng out was devastating for the whole team.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
LOL about France team doing the volcano... I know they have some(not active for ages though I think)

Wales did too. It's the new trend. Much preferable to the vuvuzela.;) (Remember when that thing caught on and was everywhere? To which I could only ask: Why?)

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Photo-bombing team Portugal like a boss:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
13307991.jpg

13308008.jpg
[/FONT]

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Photo-bombing team Portugal like a boss:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
13307991.jpg

13308008.jpg
[/FONT]
Ronaldo's reaction was really nice. I guess he really is a nice guy ...

I expect that France is going to win on Sunday. 3:1.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Ronaldo's reaction was really nice. I guess he really is a nice guy ...

I expect that France is going to win on Sunday. 3:1.

He is a bit over the top drama and all in emotional to my taste, but I respect his talent and dedication to the game. His passions for goal-scoring and my-way-or-highway attitude brings a special flavor to each game he is in. Portuguese emotionalism trumps Italian one. :devil: I love both countries tourism-wise tho. :)

Last edited:

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hopefully final game would be spectacular. So far tournament was interesting, but a bit dull to me. Although a lot of pleasant surprises from underdog countries and good healthy drama unfolds at the end of almost 80% of the matches. Yet something not having enough flavor to me, something is missing to keep this Euros as a very special, a very "French" and a very standout tournament in my memory. Team France has a change to through down a spectacular performance in the final to change that. However this Euors in France was great, despite few occasional organizational screwups from UEFA on the stadiums and local police around the hosting cities, but hey French are having a several severe labor strikes which turn violent and brutal every other day, on top of terrorist threats, I say they manage pretty good. So good tournament so far overall, yet something is missing, which can make everyone talk for days and be all over news worldwide. Hoping for a great final.

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Wales did too. It's the new trend. Much preferable to the vuvuzela.;) (Remember when that thing caught on and was everywhere? To which I could only ask: Why?)

Yeah, I think I heard it at Europeans athletics as well :laugh: When I was a child we used to do something similar, called 'the rocket'. As a rythm practise or celebrating something if I remember correctly.

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, the final is finally here... er... well, never mind! In less than an hour - everyone prepared?

But first, before we're all caught up in the excitement - and the post-match celebration or mourning (as the case may be), I'd just like to thank my fellow-posters on this thread for good cheer and fun times. These Euros have been so much more enjoyable because of all of you.:)

So

:thank:

TMC

Record Breaker
Well, the final is finally here... er... well, never mind! In less than an hour - everyone prepared?

But first, before we're all caught up in the excitement - and the post-match celebration or mourning (as the case may be), I'd just like to thank my fellow-posters on this thread for good cheer and fun times. These Euros have been so much more enjoyable because of all of you.:)

So

:thank:

Right back at you :clap: :cheer: :ghug:

I've got my snacks (beef jerky) and drinks (lager) on hand, and I'm raring to go!

TMC

Record Breaker
It's too bad...and sad.

On the one hand, if France win, I can see people saying it was because POR didn't have Ronaldo. On the other hand, if Portugal wins, it will be great for them - it will show that they are a team to be taken seriously and that they are not dependent on Ronaldo to make things happen.

France is controlling the game so far, but it's not like Portugal is just faffing around either.

LRK

Record Breaker
It's given a weird feeling to the match, I think...

Meanwhile, why all the moths?

Krunchii

Record Breaker
A commentator said something about leaving floodlights on overnight or something which attracted all the moths

So disappointed at what happened with Ronaldo, I really hope it's nothing serious and he can recover soon, looks like it's his MCL

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
France's red socks have me thinking about Zhenia and Sailor Moon :)