Evgeni Plushenko | Page 337 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Well, at least nobody is slagging off Artem K for not doing well, I think splatfests by boys are generally more tolerated (kind of sexist really...). With the girls there is just a very psychologically unhealthy attitude from the media - they condemn a girl's entire future career based on a couple of events - boys can have a manky season due to injury or growth, or choose to peak later in the season, yet generally don't face the same vitriol. Sasha is kind of like Misha Kolyada in that her consistency issue is mainly psychological - as soon as that part clicks then her trajectory can only go up. The most important thing is not to let her confidence be undermined by the toxic media environment, or their predictions of failure will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

PS I do think she was slightly injured, or at least pretty worn out after the Kazan Russian Cup stage just a week ago.
And perhaps worst of all... Professor Mishin being horribly disappointed in Plushy
Mishin stuck by Liza Tuk when she went through a nadir for a few years after her world champ win. I think he totally understands, and as long as Plushy shows that same patience and belief in Sasha then Mishin won't be disappointed. His attitude is fundamentally different from the Moscow pressure cooker where skaters who don't succeeds are often quickly ditched by coaches and have to either retire/switch coaches/get stupidly avoidable overuse injuries trying to keep up with the competition by brute force. I wonder if Plushy, Sasha, Mishin and Liza could sit down and have a chat about sports psychology and resilience - Sasha could learn some valuable tips from them.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thank you again @Flying Feijoa

I'm feeling embarrassed for myself, as I keeping crying and now I have to go see my grandparents with bloodshot eyes and a swollen nose 😞

But I can help it, now I'm remembering that Yagudin was there! He posted that mean joke about the Academy a few weeks back and he wasn't just there today, he was commentating! I'm cringing at the thought of it.

Everybody saw it...everybody is judging.

The only good thing about my day is with my mask on and oversized sunglasses no-one can see me crying on the bus...I hope...

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Aww... stay positive. I'm glad Yagudin doesn't commentate for the international broadcast, the guy doesn't need a bigger platform for his views.
Competitions can be sort of disruptive to normal training, so at least with most of the competitions done now (except Stage 5) the academy can settle down and prep for Nationals. With so many other skating clubs having Covid outbreaks, please Academy people stay healthy and mask your noses!! :pray:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Before the FS, I read somewhere that Trusova's practice went very poorly and it was said to be linked to some injury, but I was not quite sure at that time. After the skate, she only said she didn't know what happened, but she did mention her fatigue and too tight competition schedule, so that there was not enough time to prepare for this event.

Such result is a total shock to me as well as a big blow to both Trusova and Plushy, but so long as she is healthy physically, I will only consider it a bad day for her, not at all the end of the world.

When you are down, you will be hit even harder by those so-called "fans" and "experts". That is how they treated Plushy at Sochi over 6 years ago. They cannot destroy Plushy however hard they try, but their vicious words will definitely ruin these girls' career. To be frank, they only care about how many gold medals these skaters can bring home, but the serious pains the skaters are experiencing, either mentally or physically, will never be their concerns. Yagudin, in his capacity as a commentator, is such a low, rude and poor man that he should be responsible for every single word he said on their national TV! (n)

Still, it is a wonder that Kostornaya did not collapse under such huge pressure. Just WOW! :rock:Otherwise, it would be a double blow to their whole team.

Honestly, the whole competitions just left some bitterness in my heart. Such a beautiful skater like Nugumanova can never get a chance to compete at Worlds, and for this I felt very sad.

Life is short, let alone these girls' skating career. I hope that Plushy team can work out some practical plans to balance Trusova's technical strength and her skating in a much better way. Quad number alone is not enough to win big titles in the world. Winning an OGM for Trusova is much more important than going down in Guinness World Records, IMO.

anonymoose, do not take it too seriously, and everything will be fine. :)

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ahem hello again fellow Plushy fans.

Apologies for yesterday, I have a bit of a problem with catastrophisation (ie when people say "What's the worst that could happen" as a comforting remark I tend to actually imagine the absolute worst thing and fear it will happen! It's terrible! Whenever I hear there's going to be a change at work I panic and think we're all about to lose our jobs.)

I'm also terrible at accepting criticism, I take it super personally and see it as a judgement of my entire personality rather than just one specific thing. This extends to my fandom as well, so when a poster writes something like "I think T/M's Candyman music and costumes are ridiculous" it feels like they're actually saying "T/M are idiots and so are you for enjoying it, loser."

So yeah, I feel really invested in the Academy and I want Plushy and all his students to succeed so much. I tend to forget not everyone (and especially not Plushy :laugh:) is as oversensitive as me and won't spend hours sobbing in a corner over such matters.

But! Enough about me here's some links.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH4dlqZB3PO - The Academy congratulate Aliona on her silver (in a classic example of do as I say and not as I do, I'm having trouble seeing why Aliona fans are so concerned, she was on the podium and the judges are ready to give her big points, but then I'm not as invested in her like I am with Sasha - who has always been my favourite of the 3A)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH4-pC0Bou- - The general congratulations to all Angels who were at the event. Hats off to photographer Sveta_poln these photos are lovely! :)

In positive news apparently both Aliona and Sasha have really good gala programs - I haven't seen them yet and fans are happy about that.

Sasha P Sheningans:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH5WMB4Ah0N - Sanya and Senya (That's Arseniy's nickname awww!) Just bros hanging out 🥰

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH4-c6Eq03q - Sanya, Senya and Yana. D'awww 😊

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH2RC5pAtZj - Sasha and Koyla after enjoying a little hockey on the new Academy rink. :biggrin:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH3Pv4Snm6E - With Yana at the Rostelecom Cup - werk that Dior!

Well thank you for coming to my TedTalk! Until next time fellow Plushy fans, stay healthy!

Last edited:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Obviously the Russian FS Federation is blaming Plushy team's work with these two girls based on the results of this event. They think that if Trusova were not ready, the coaching team should not have made such risky quad plans in the LP. About Kostornaya's skate, they consider her FS unfinished and there is little time left before the opening of the Nationals. Moreover, her 3A is not yet restored.

Their assessment on Trusova's poor skate does make some sense, but where were they when the other group was starting those crazy hate campaigns against Kostornaya? Can't you see her body is changing, along with her jumping technique? :rolleye:

eliana

On the Ice
I found out about Sasha's failure, Plushy's failure. I'm heartbroken for Plushy Academy. I couldn't enter the forum for two days. I had high hopes ... but it seems that Sasha has great emotions the more important the competitions are .. I sincerely hope that these competitions do not discourage them

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Obviously the Russian FS Federation is blaming Plushy team's work with these two girls based on the results of this event.
The Russian FS Fed is a nightmare honestly... They have no respect for their athletes... When Plushy didn't win at Vancouver they punished him by pretending not to know about a show he had planned to do and let him get suspended by the ISU. They destroyed Artur Gachinsky instead of supporting him and not only didn't have the decency to wish him well when he retired, they pretty much mocked him for having never won anything!

Now they have the gall to publish their "criticisms" publicly so that Sasha and Aliona can face more mocking and complaints and nastiness? How the Hell does that help? Who runs that Fed? They're an absolute idiot.

The only upside to this is that it proves that Plushy is not bribing or in anyway being favoured by the Fed. Although I'm sure that won't stop his detractors.

I found out about Sasha's failure, Plushy's failure. I'm heartbroken for Plushy Academy. I couldn't enter the forum for two days. I had high hopes ... but it seems that Sasha has great emotions the more important the competitions are .. I sincerely hope that these competitions do not discourage them
Awww :( I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way, but! Sweet Dream and Flying Feijoa are right, one bad competition does not ruin an athlete, especially if they have support and are mentally tough!

Also LRK over in Sasha's fanfest reminded everyone that Plushy himself once had a disaster skate and not just at a GP or even a GP Final...at Worlds!

And what happened next? Plushy returned better than ever before and won it all 😊

Dima M - Sasha's main coach is super supportive, with him and Plushy at her side along with her own strength Sasha can become the best skater she can be. I believe in the Academy.

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hello again fellow Plushy fans.

I have actual links for you all, yay!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH-H7j6q6Ih - Coachshenko and Sofia T hard at work on the programs 🥰

Sasha P Sheningans:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH9zl5QgKSU - We've had Yana's breakfasts, now introducing Sasha's breakfast! Looks hearty.

Yana stuff:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH8FXvnnpOt - Yana and Pancho, who apparently lost all his hair 😱 but it's all regrown now.

In other news I'm thinking of sending the Academy an Australian themed Christmas card, but I wonder if I send it to the current location of the Academy do you think they'll get it? What if they move to the new rink in that time. I'd hate to think of it floating around the Moscow mail system for all eternity :laugh:

Anywho on that note I must be off, bed calls. Until next time, stay healthy!

eliana

On the Ice
Yes, I was very upset on Saturday ... I'm also a big fan of Rafa Nadal. Rafa lost the semifinal of the Champions Tournament. The only tournament he never won. But I was much more upset for Plushy. The impact was much greater for me

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
To recover from the arguably disappointing outing of team Plush at Rostelecom GP, I rewatched all five parts of the Eisfieber (Ice Fever) documentary today. It follows Plushy through the 2003/04 season, culminating in his World title in Dortmund. You get lots of insights into Plushy's training and choreography process plus the documentary features ten year old Artur Gachinsky fighting for his very first Russian national title, which is a treat in itself. :love2: So my recommendation would be to pick yourself up again by watching some of your favourite Plush performances or documentaries.
Anyway, I am sure team Plush will succeed eventually. It might even be a good thing that Plushy, Sasha, and co learn to deal with disappointments as a team in a relatively meaningless season such as this one, to be prepared when it comes to the important national and international competitions next year leading up to the Olympics.
PS: As a coping mechanism, I also recommend blocking the most offending users, then it's easy to ignore them ;)

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes, I was very upset on Saturday ... I'm also a big fan of Rafa Nadal. Rafa lost the semifinal of the Champions Tournament. The only tournament he never won. But I was much more upset for Plushy. The impact was much greater for me
Sorry to hear about Rafa. That reminds me though, I'm a big fan of Federer, but if he loses a match I can shrug it off quite easily. I mean the loss at Wimbledon in 2018 was a big "Noooo!" But only for like an hour then it was just. "Oh well, still the GOAT"

Why such a big difference in my reactions?! It's actually annoying me, like what's wrong with me? Why am I taking this so personally? Am I in fact crazy?

To recover from the arguably disappointing outing of team Plush at Rostelecom GP, I rewatched all five parts of the Eisfieber (Ice Fever) documentary today.
I've seen that doco! My favourite part was where Dai was at Trophy Lalique doing up his boots and Plushy walks out next to him, Dai looks up and is like :jaw: "OMG, it's HIM!"

BB!Artur was so cute too! The Russian Figure Skating Fed were so mean to him! He's a coach now and I wish him and his students the very best!

In other news I'm conflicted...Plushy has gone very quiet, on the one hand this is good, if you don't give interviews no-one can twist what you say.

On the other hand my research tells me no coach has ever received such a public dressing down by the Fed before. :( I'm worried it's really got to him this time.

I still can't believe that article though! What was its aim? Why couldn't it be done in private? The Academy Insta hasn't mentioned Sasha or Aliona and their training since. I can only imagine myself in their position...I'd be terrified to do anything! On the one hand I'm failing with Aliona because she doesn't have her 3A back, but at the same time I'm failing Sasha by letting her do quads (which she can do in practice just fine?) So what are they asking me to do? Play it safe? Don't play it safe? History tells me that Sasha can't win without doing twice as many quads as a skater like Anna or Kamila...so why bother playing safe in that case? Not winning gold is not winning gold whether you're clean or not.

Also if the RusFed is trying to claim they came down like this because they're worried about losing three spots, well that's just hilarious. Any of the other top ten ladies in Russia could score 3 spots at Worlds with their eyes closed and without any help from Sasha or Aliona. And the idea that they actually care about the individual skaters is even more hilarious, they couldn't give a fig who wins or gets those spots, they just want the spots.

And now Plushy gets blamed for embarrassing Sasha and Aliona because the Fed decided to throw a completely unnecessary tantrum? Who's really the childish ones here I wonder 😠

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hello fellow Plushy fans!

I hope we're all well - although I'm beginning to miss Plushyfan herself, I hope she's OK. She's been following Plushy since the very beginning (1997!)

Speaking of ancient times, Spirals and Sequins on Insta asked people their favourite NHK memories and I remembered Plushy's second appearance there - which I only saw on YouTube but it was epppiiic.

The crowd and Mishin's reactions are the best 🥰

Also Coachshenko content!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIAmDPRq882 - It's everyone's favourite game, follow the Plushy! :biggrin: Alas it was not from this week, so jury is still out on how Plushy is going :(

But! There is some positive news on the horizon, Sofia Titova will be competing at a competition from the 27th-29th November.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH_InSkJylh - According to Google translate the competition is called "Zhiguli", fingers crossed for Sofia T and if it's on at decent hour maybe I can watch it - so let's hope for a stream!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIAoQNKJibw - Sofia's cat watching her skate. :laugh:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIAiZ-4pxTV - Can't remember if I posted this, but it's Sofia and Coachshenko after her win last week. Aww!

Sasha P Sheningans:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIBRVMOgpZ3 - Sasha has the honour of performing the first program on the new ice at the new Academy! Arrrrr, me hearties! 🏴‍☠️

Yana stuff:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIBNeIhqggw - Apparently Yana is advertising Airwick who have released a new line of fragrances to bring the outdoors indoors during winter. This reminds me, I need to check the Airwick freshener in my car...

Right I'm actually at work right now so I better wrap this up!

Until next time, stay healthy!

eliana

On the Ice
I miss plushyfan too! I am convinced that she is very upset.
Last year at this time I didn't even know about the existence of Sasha or Aliona..and now I can't sleep because of them .. Plushy what did you do to me ???

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
To be honest, Plushenko’s coaching efforts atm brought him to my attention and I had watched some of his old skates. Love them.

as for how certain fans treat Trusova, really shame on them.

I wish them both perseverance and success (and to Plushenko’s other students as well, of course). I think he is looking to work with skaters his own way, and it’s a good thing.

eliana

On the Ice
To be honest, Plushenko’s coaching efforts atm brought him to my attention and I had watched some of his old skates. Love them.

as for how certain fans treat Trusova, really shame on them.

I wish them both perseverance and success (and to Plushenko’s other students as well, of course). I think he is looking to work with skaters his own way, and it’s a good thing.
Thanks to everyone who encourages Plushy and his students. Thank you very much! For you

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wonder if Plushy, Sasha, Mishin and Liza could sit down and have a chat about sports psychology and resilience
That would be a fab idea! And part of it may have happened...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CID7gl1qxhT - The Professor and the Pupil. Awww this is so sweet! 🥰 Of course they might not have been talking shop, but discussing fishing or their families or something, but this put a big smile on my face.

I cannot tell a lie though fellow Plushy fans, I'm still struggling with my disappointment and concern. I slept very badly last night. There's a lot of people on the Russian forum - Figure Skating Online who are starting to wonder about Plushy's silence and what it means. There's a lot of talk about Sasha T's father been a real stage Dad, I don't know if this true, but my worry prone self is wondering if he's super angry about what happened and won't let Plushy talk to Sasha! Or perhaps Sasha's just having a week off 😶 try telling my brain that!

I've been worried enough that I finally told someone in real life - my mother - about it. She doesn't think I'm a total nut, she even suggested I send a message of support to Plushy. Which could be an idea, except it's been nearly a week now, so I feel awkward doing it, even if he never reads it. :laugh:

I did send the Christmas card though! I wonder if it will reach the Angels...

Anyway to end this post on a cheerful note... Coachshenko content:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIC33b-qAdp - At work with the Zhilina sisters.

Sofia T's competition starts today...still no info on if it'll be streamed though. I feel like if it is it'll be via these guys: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7IvcuUJ4AH19WO4Om-44JA

Good luck to Sofia! Here she is being an off-ice 2A boss! https://www.instagram.com/p/CIDWblZpmAJ - This is her 2A in the opposite direction to usual. I wonder... Would this have any points benefit?

Anyway once again I'm writing this from work so I better wrap this up an concentrate!

Until next time fellow Plushy fans stay healthy!

eliana

On the Ice
That would be a fab idea! And part of it may have happened...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CID7gl1qxhT - The Professor and the Pupil. Awww this is so sweet! 🥰 Of course they might not have been talking shop, but discussing fishing or their families or something, but this put a big smile on my face.

Nu pot spune o minciună, deși colegi fanii lui Plushy, încă mă lupt cu dezamăgirea și îngrijorarea mea. Am dormit foarte prost azi-noapte. Există o mulțime de oameni pe forumul rusesc - Patinaj Artistic Online care încep să se întrebe despre tăcerea lui Plushy și ce înseamnă. Se vorbește mult despre tatăl lui Sasha T a fost o adevărată scenă tată, nu știu dacă este adevărat, dar sinele meu predispus la îngrijorare se întreabă dacă este foarte supărat pe ceea ce s-a întâmplat și nu-l va lăsa pe Plushy să vorbească cu Sasha! Sau poate Sasha are doar o săptămână liberă 😶 încercând să-mi spună creierului asta!

Am fost destul de îngrijorat încât, în sfârșit, am povestit cuiva în viața reală - mama mea - despre asta. Nu crede că sunt o nucă totală, chiar mi-a sugerat să îi trimit un mesaj de susținere lui Plushy. Ceea ce ar putea fi o idee, cu excepția faptului că a trecut aproape o săptămână acum, așa că mă simt incomod să o fac, chiar dacă el nu o citește niciodată.:a rade:

Cu toate acestea, am trimis cartea de Crăciun! Mă întreb dacă va ajunge la Îngeri ...

Oricum să încheiem această postare pe o notă veselă ... Conținut Coachshenko:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIC33b-qAdp - La locul de muncă cu surorile Zhilina.

Competiția Sofia T începe astăzi ... încă nu există informații despre dacă va fi transmisă în flux. Simt că, dacă este, va fi prin intermediul acestor tipi: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7IvcuUJ4AH19WO4Om-44JA

Mult succes pentru Sofia! Aici ea este o șefă 2A fără gheață! https://www.instagram.com/p/CIDWblZpmAJ - Acesta este 2A ei în direcția opusă celei obișnuite. Mă întreb ... Ar avea vreun avantaj?

Oricum, încă o dată, scriu asta de la serviciu, așa că ar trebui să închei un concentrat!

Până data viitoare colegi fanii lui Plushy rămân sănătoși!

eliana

On the Ice
Thanks for all the news about Plushy. To protect my feelings I do not enter any Russian site. I just go in here and look at the old Plushy documentaries and programs ... that's all. I hope everything returns to normal and I wish Sofia a lot of success

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks for all the news about Plushy. To protect my feelings I do not enter any Russian site. I just go in here and look at the old Plushy documentaries and programs ... that's all. I hope everything returns to normal and I wish Sofia a lot of success
You're welcome! :) Good news, I have spoken to Plushyfan on Twitter and she's fine just super busy :) She hopes to have time to comment in the new year.

Moving along, I didn't find a stream for the competition Sofia T is at, nor have I found any video what a shame :( Plus Leonid S and Nikita Sarnovsky are apparently there too, so I hope I can track down some video or at least details on how they went.

Plushy posted on Insta: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIGXm_8jU-d.- He, Yana and Sasha went on a talk show called "Evening Urgant" Alas, I don't know what for, nor do I have any info, it's probably too early though. The show doesn't actually come on into 11:30pm Moscow time. Everybody probably went to bed straight afterwards! :laugh2: I'll keep an eye out.

Coachshenko content:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIGWEjIKHr- Working with Sasha P - awwww. My inflexible self continues to go "Wow, how do they do that?!" 😅

Sasha P Sheningans:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIFi3DIootS - Sasha wishing us all Bon appetit! Love the sloth PJs 🥰

That's pretty much all for now, this is the weekend for putting up Christmas decorations so I should get onto that...also my laundry.

Until next time, stay healthy fellow Plushy fans!