favorite costumes | Page 2 | Golden Skate

favorite costumes

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I felt a bit ?? about Kawaguchi and Smirnov costumes. Although I think that Yuko has a cutest babyface, her hairstyle and costume make her look way too young. While Alex already looks quite boyish in that T-shirt, Yuko looks like his little sister in that outfit. I don't quite understand their strategy for this choice of the costumes.

I don't get it either. He looks like he is wearing a pratcice outfit, and she looks like a little japanese schoolgirl.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I don't get it either. He looks like he is wearing a pratcice outfit,

Yeah, when I first saw his picture in Yahoo news, I thought that it was taken at a practice session:laugh:. But boy, he looks very cute in that T-shirt:agree: He looks like an art student who created his own T-shirt.

fenway

On the Ice
I don't think anyone comes close to Kiira Korpi's lp costume this year. Understated yet incredibly glamorous! Reminds me of some of Nikodinov's more beautiful costumes.

oleada

Record Breaker
I like Kiira's LP dress a lot, but unfortunately, the color of the dress blends to much with the ice for me. But let's face it, everything looks good if you're Kiira Korpi. :p

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
I felt a bit ?? about Kawaguchi and Smirnov costumes. Although I think that Yuko has a cutest babyface, her hairstyle and costume make her look way too young. While Alex already looks quite boyish in that T-shirt, Yuko looks like his little sister in that outfit. I don't quite understand their strategy for this choice of the costumes.

I actually think Kawaguchi tries to channel E.Berezhnaya. The haircut gives it away, as Elena used to have bangs just like Yuko's...She's an avid admirer of her, so I thought it may not be such wild speculation.....

feraina

Record Breaker
FYI, Caroline Z's sister designed her SP costume. It's very tastefully done. I hope she designs more of Caroline's costumes in the future! :clap:

Bennett

Record Breaker
FYI, Caroline Z's sister designed her SP costume. It's very tastefully done. I hope she designs more of Caroline's costumes in the future! :clap:

Wow that's AMAZING! I thought that her SP costume is one of the most beautiful, most sophisticated costumes this season. Is she a professional designer?

feraina

Record Breaker
Wow that's AMAZING! I thought that her SP costume is one of the most beautiful, most sophisticated costumes this season. Is she a professional designer?

No, I don't think so. She graduated from MIT in 2005 (in economics), and is applying to law schools -- and taking some time off in the meantime to accompany little Caroline on all her international assignments. She should consider designing more costumes -- I'm sure many skaters would be appreciative of her skills. :)

Bennett

Record Breaker
No, I don't think so. She graduated from MIT in 2005 (in economics), and is applying to law schools -- and taking some time off in the meantime to accompany little Caroline on all her international assignments. She should consider designing more costumes -- I'm sure many skaters would be appreciative of her skills. :)

Thank you for your response. It's indeed quite informative!

I'd love to see more costumes made by Caroline's sister!

Bennett

Record Breaker
I love mirai's LP costume. She looks so clean and sweet in baby blue and white. I also like the white ribbon.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I am noticing in general that the ladies seem to be getting away from that "skating in a slip" look and are covering up more this season -- to which I say HALLELUJAH. Those slip dresses, IMHO, are just BORING to say nothing of the fact they beg the question, isn't it cold in that rink??? On that note, I really like Sarah Meier's dresses for both the short and long -- tho in the long I'm a bit confused as to why her music is "La Folle in Black" and "Autumn Red" and her dress is sorta TURQUOISE, but it's still a very nice dress.

I also like Verner's LP outfit -- he looks really good in it. ;) Tho blue and silver does seem an odd color combination for the theme of his program.

In pairs, I like Mukhurtova & Trankov's costumes. As far as Kawaguchi/Smirnov are concerned, I too am not sure what is supposed to be going on there. Yuko looks five years old in that hideous dress and it's unnerving to watch one do jumps and throws in a dress with that much fabric flying around below the waist. It's distracting. As to Alexander's T-shirt -- :scratch::scratch::unsure::scratch::scratch: Granted, he'd look cute in a paper bag, but what's that got to do with either the program or what she's got on?

In Dance, I like Oksana Domnina's FD dress. (Their OD costumes, however, are Level 5 Hideous). [As is Maxim's FD ensemble].

Treasures17

Rinkside
Johnny 's SP & LP ( Especially SP, very beautiful, and the design is great )
Mao's SP
Miki's LP
Daisuke's SP
Jana & Sergei's free dance

Vodka Shot

On the Ice
I've had to think long about this because honestly I love the costumes in skating, probably one of my fave things. If they all wore matching track suites I'd probably stop watching.

For the women, I think Mao has the most impressive dress with her LP. It looks really well made and expensive. I know lots of people like Kira Korpi (sp?) LP dress. I think that's pretty too, but it looks a bit too much like a night gown imo. I also feel that Carolina Kostner has great taste. Both her dresses are tasteful, but not boring and the cut is done well.

For the men, I say Verner's LP, Takahashi's SP, and Johnny's SP win.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if Carolina Kostner has been using a same designer? If so, is he/she a famous designer? I have always been impressed by the sophisticated taste of her costumes. The texture, decoration, design, and choices of colors all look very special. Especially, the olympic LP costume was simply fantastic. http://youtube.com/watch?v=5WLciGE-P9A I wonder who has made them.

I also have had the same impression on Mao's costumes since 2006. They seem to be very well-thoughtout to match the taste of the music. I also love her LP costume that emphasizes her flow and lightness on ice, which goes so well with the piano version of this chopin music. Her costumes also seem to take her increasing maturity into consideration. This year, her costumes are less girlish and more classy than the ones for the last year. But they are lovely enough to match her still girlish atmosphere.

Last edited:

gio

Medalist
Does anyone know if Carolina Kostner has been using a same designer? If so, is he/she a famous designer? I have always been impressed by the sophisticated taste of her costumes. The texture, decoration, design, and choices of colors all look very special. Especially, the olympic LP costume was simply fantastic. http://youtube.com/watch?v=5WLciGE-P9A I wonder who has made them.

Roberto Cavalli is her designer. He is a famous fashion designer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Cavalli