Flirtatious Programs: what do you think of them? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Flirtatious Programs: what do you think of them?

Layback11

Record Breaker
On the Naughty Nurse program: okay, did anyone else notice how the Eurosport commentator pronounced the music? It was something like "bewgie wewgie bugle boy"...that made me laugh so hard :laugh: :hijacked:

Also, that commentator would be just THRILLED by the state of ice dance nowadays :laugh2:

kinoriH

Final Flight
I cannot believe you all did not even mention V/T Godfather SP from 2012-13 season.
I think they made the ice melt lool ;)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhB0qE8jsyM
While still lots of work on this, but overall a good example of a great sexy program

Heh.. if sexy programs means you can get away with performing rhythmically deaf for more than half of the time in a 'Latin/Samba' program with just winks and flirts, especially ignoring such a powerful strong beat right at the start. Try to sell that to a Latino! The edges are rough rough rough, so much ice shaving and unsure steps. The program has potential though. It will be interesting when compare with Ashely... hope she give it better attention to detail than that and deliver the Latin spirit consistently through out the entire program. I do believe this is the nicest costume Adelina has ever had. I wonder if is the show costume, or her own costume. It will be interesting to see whether she is successful with her 'come back' worthy of her Sochi Bronze medalist. Not 1 single clean jump out of both programs is worrying. Liza has beaten her many times internationally including at youth Olympics, as well Zijun beat her at youth Olympics LP just 2 seasons ago.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Heh.. if sexy programs means you can get away with performing rhythmically deaf for more than half of the time in a 'Latin/Samba' program with just winks and flirts, especially ignoring such a powerful strong beat right at the start. Try to sell that to a Latino! The edges are rough rough rough, so much ice shaving and unsure steps. The program has potential though. It will be interesting when compare with Ashely... hope she give it better attention to detail than that and deliver the Latin spirit consistently through out the entire program. I do believe this is the nicest costume Adelina has ever had. I wonder if is the show costume, or her own costume. It will be interesting to see whether she is successful with her 'come back' worthy of her Sochi Bronze medalist. Not 1 single clean jump out of both programs is worrying. Liza has beaten her many times internationally including at youth Olympics, as well Zijun beat her at youth Olympics LP just 2 seasons ago.

I'm going to ignore the rest of the sour grapes and just answer about the costume: it was the costume for her 'Burlesque' show program, that she skated it for example at The Ice in 2012.

Edit: also, not sure what you saw 2 seasons ago, but the only time Adelina went to the Youth Olympics was January 2012 - 3,5 years ago.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I'm going to ignore the rest of the sour grapes and just answer about the costume: it was the costume for her 'Burlesque' show program, that she skated it for example at The Ice in 2012.

Edit: also, not sure what you saw 2 seasons ago, but the only time Adelina went to the Youth Olympics was January 2012 - 3,5 years ago.

Let me ask you point blank. Do you honestly think her movement match the Rhythm / music from the beginning to at least mid section? Yes or no? It is basic 101, along as you are suppose to able to do perform basic jumps when people are paying lots of money to see world class skaters and not a talent show.

She has not skated competitively since March 2014, so in fact I was correct in mentioning 2 seasons ago. We haven't started this season yet. Nor has she competed against anyone since (unless you talk about home brew/test games)

Last edited:

moriel

Record Breaker

i lived in brazil for 20 years, does that count?
what i mostly liked though are some parts towards the end that kinda have the samba spirit, unlike 99% ballroom samba stuff.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
what i mostly liked though are some parts towards the end that kinda have the samba spirit, unlike 99% ballroom samba stuff.

Thank you!

os168 said:
She has not skated competitively since March 2014, so in fact I was correct in mentioning 2 seasons ago. We haven't started this season yet. Nor has she competed against anyone since (unless you talk about home brew/test games)

You said Zijun beat Adelina at the Youth Olympics just 2 seasons ago, and that was wrong wrong wrong. Not that it mattered that much, but you don't need to spin it into something you didn't say either.
Also, no she didn't compete internationally since February 2014, which is due to injury and not by her own choice. And exactly the reason why, you know, one could cut her some slack with the difficulties in her first Ice show since months off ice. Or you can scrutinize her for difficulties most skaters have in early July performing their new competitive programs for the first time.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
One would expect many glitches in a program in the summer, I'm just amazed that it looks as good as it does now and yes, it's far from perfect but there are the bones of a really entertaining program here.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Yes. Everybody sees it. She became a great dancer. :dance: Yuna's fans are not going to see the good in her, never.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Yes. Everybody sees it. She became a great dancer. :dance: Yuna's fans are not going to see the good in her, never.

i dont understand this, if a person doesnt like Adelina does that mean they are automatically Yuna fan? :rolleye:
anyway program looks fun, i wish her best of luck :)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

She has always been a promising young skater with potentials, and appeared to have benefited during her times at DWTS. However her deficiency has always been her roughness and abruptness which can be compensated by particular music/rhythmic styles. She is not able to do lyrical and subtlety for example, but then not many Russian young skaters do.

It is also true now as an Olympic medalist, she will be under greater scrutiny now than ever. Not just by me, but by nature and the responsibility come with such accolades. It has been done to Patrick, Hanyu, Jason, Mao, Yuna, Carolina, Gracie, Ashley, Liza and many many others, she is no different.

I am glad you enjoyed the energetic ending which is her usual selling point, however to me one can only get away with guile for so long, when one get older and placed as one of the leaders of the sport, it is a different game. It ultimately comes down to the program, first half need choreograph movement work with reference to the beat. It has been a previous weakness when she just ignore the music completely and only pay attention to specific highlight section to highlight excitement, usually towards the end. To do the program 40% reference to the music does not make it a successful program.

--

Re Youth Olympic games, please read back. I said Liza beat her over all there, but Zijun beat her during LP 2 seasons before the Sochi. I discounted season she did not compete for obvious reasons. http://www.isuresults.com/results/yog2012/YOG2012_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
i dont understand this, if a person doesnt like Adelina does that mean they are automatically Yuna fan? :rolleye:

No, of course not. And if Adelinas skating is not your cup of tea, there is nothing wrong with it.
But the thing is, if you encounter someone who's pretty much talking bad about anything she does and scrutinizes her way more than other skaters, your chances are high you're talking to a Yuna fan still internally arguing with the Sochi results. If you encounter someone who even wants to back that up with simply wrong facts, you're pretty much up to a 100% hit rate I'm afraid.
(That said, of course not all Yuna fans are like that.)

os168 said:
Re Youth Olympic games, please read back. I said Liza beat her over all there, but Zijun beat her during LP 2 seasons before the Sochi. I discounted season she did not compete for obvious reasons.
os168 said:
Liza has beaten her many times internationally including at youth Olympics, as well Zijun beat her at youth Olympics LP just 2 seasons ago.

No, it's not what you said.
This is completely unimportant, but I'm having too much fun with it :biggrin:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Slight change of pace (going back decades musically): has anyone ever skated to Peggy Lee's "Fever"
?https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X7_k_0dKknA
Very steamy song but deep too... Would love to see Gracie do this ... Might help round out the ice princess image altho it might be a bit too old fashioned..
I know Yuna-Kim skated to the Beyonce version but it lacked earthiness IMO...too many sparkles.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
No, it's not what you said.
This is completely unimportant, but I'm having too much fun with it :biggrin:

You obviously enjoy nitpick every single one of my post. Since you enjoy it so much. I have not said anything. I typed. ;)

Yes as far as I am concerned, Adelina's 2 seasons ago was at youth Olympics games. The matter of fact she lost there to Liza and Zijun during the LP is not as important as her 2 seasons competed or 3 seasons (one of which she did not compete but had no problem with DWTS) that I have discounted for obvious reasons.

You havn't answered my point blank question. Do you think her movements match the Rhythm / music from the beginning to at least mid section? It ultimately comes down to whether I am being unfair in my critique or infact they are valid and you are just nitpicking.

My biggest attraction to the sport has always been program integrity above all else and that certainly involves paying particular attention between music and choreography. A consistent pet hate has always been over marked skaters and poor judging, so at least I am consistent with my objectivity, regardless I happen to be a Yuna fan or not. In any case to make it relevant to the thread again. I have always said flirtatious can be good when music call for it especially in a program like Samba, more relevant than say a program like Rondo Capriccioso, but one obvious thing does not compensate what is missing in another. This program has potential but still need work and yes her problem with 100% failure rate in jumps are worrying. I would say that about anyone, she is no different.