Foot injury knocks Gold out of Grand Prix Final | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Foot injury knocks Gold out of Grand Prix Final

concorde

Medalist
Just because you have a handful of sponsor does not mean that each of those sponsors pay well. Maybe if she won an Olympic Gold it would but she did not.

And I also doubt that "top funding from USFS as the National champ" makes a significant dent in her ice skating bills.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Just because you have a handful of sponsor does not mean that each of those sponsors pay well. Maybe if she won an Olympic Gold it would but she did not.

And I also doubt that "top funding from USFS as the National champ" makes a significant dent in her ice skating bills.

I didn't say it was a lot. The question asked was whether she gets any [financial] support outside of her family and the answer is yes.

Last edited:

Nigel

On the Ice
A part from her own family, is anyone else supporting Gracie?

I believe Gold's father is an anesthesiologist. Her mother is an RN. A reasonable income to support skaters, along with her sponsors support (Nike. Visa. United Airlines. P&G. Smucker's. Airweave) and USFS (envelope funding; performance and enchancement tracking funding), GP medalist prize money; SOI; USOC funds; other skating shows, etc.

Alba

Record Breaker
^That's quite a lot of sponsors there. Although it depends how much they give.
Still very good I guess.

Erm, no need to guess - with 4 out of 6 qualifiers being russian, yes, the least russia can get is a bronze. If you actually think Rika and Ash are going to beat them all.
And Elena might skate like a junior to you, that doesn't mean her LP scores this season aren't higher than Ashleys have ever been (cause they are). Liza is also getting pretty good scores by now, I don't know what you're watching :p

:laugh: :thumbsup:

You never know though. They could all fall 3 or 4 times in both programs. :sarcasm::hopelessness:

Last edited: