Great Lifts in Ice Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Great Lifts in Ice Dance

GF2445

Record Breaker
I really wnjoyed penny coomes and nicholas buckland's lifts in their Lion King FD, especially the combination lifts.

caitie

Medalist
A bit out of topic, but what do you do to show YT video starting in a particular moment?

If you look on the "Share" tab under the video (there's About, Share, Add To, etc) you see an option that says Start At. You just fill in the time stamp where you want the video to start, then copy the link.

begin

Medalist
I love these kinds of threads. Thank you everyone for sharing!

If you look on the "Share" tab under the video (there's About, Share, Add To, etc) you see an option that says Start At. You just fill in the time stamp where you want the video to start, then copy the link.

You can also just right-click on the video at that particular moment.

TMC

Record Breaker
I didn't care so much for the version where Tessa jumps down, but I really like the version where she collapses into Scott's arms. It really fit the story of love they were telling.

In the same way, I love D&W's 2009 lift where Charlie is gliding backwards away and Meryl as Delilah just traps him!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S1B3Mb8xAWc#t=2m35s

The first lift with Meryl being spun at an angle is really good, too.

Thanks Dorispulaski! I'd just gone to bed after writing my last comment and I was thinking I should have mentioned that lift but then I though someone else surely will before I wake up tomorrow.

That lift is so awesome!

Rossig

On the Ice

Thank you:)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I love these kinds of threads. Thank you everyone for sharing!

:bow::bow: Something I have always wanted to know! :eek::

HazyD

Rinkside
Can't find a clip with the music (must be copyright issues?), but one of my all-time faves was this lift from Navarro and Bommentre's 2008 FD. I love how she's balanced in that crazy position on his one arm. I always loved this team!!
http://youtu.be/Do1-PWSj4OA?t=4m

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That whole performance is awesome! The lift just after the 1 minute mark and the final choreographic lift are great too!

Last edited:

uncchristine99

Rinkside

TMC

Record Breaker
Thanks, I'd always wondered how that works, the youtube clip thingy. I've another question: I always just copypaste the link, but you have a fancy way of writing a description of the link instead? I would love to learn that skill!

This is my favourite Phantom lift - similar to the goose in that balance is everything: http://youtu.be/ItdY-lst8yI?t=3m40s

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thanks, I'd always wondered how that works, the youtube clip thingy. I've another question: I always just copypaste the link, but you have a fancy way of writing a description of the link instead? I would love to learn that skill!

This is my favourite Phantom lift - similar to the goose in that balance is everything: http://youtu.be/ItdY-lst8yI?t=3m40s

First type what you want the label to say

GOOGLE GOOGLE. for example

Then Select the label. On a pc, hold down the right mouse button and slide the cursor over the 2 words. On an Android phone, press down on one of the two words until the word is selected and the little menu pops up. Move the pointers to select everything you want in the label. Then tap the link icon from the toolbar at the top edge of the Reply box. Type or paste the link into the box that pops up.

GOOGLE GOOGLE

Then hit ok.