Have Belbin and Agosto reached their Peak? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Have Belbin and Agosto reached their Peak?

euterpe

Medalist
If anyone doubts that a dance team can get over a bad-FD year, just remember Denkova/Staviiski's "Bach to Africa".

If anyone doubts that a dance team can get over a bad-FD year, just remember Denkova/Staviiski's "Bach to Africa".
I do remember the AfroBach and I thought it was first rate non stop innovation. Much preferred to that obvious dreary Tosca.

Joe

emma

Record Breaker

I absolutely loved this program - I don't ever get to see OD/CD's so I don't follow ice dance closely because I always feel i'm missing, well, 2/3 of it. And so, I don't know much about how to even evaluate the FD (compare free dances), so having admitted to that, I just thought that program was so innovative and the flow and movement and body lines really captured my attention, I didn't understand why the judges didn't seem to like it (and some commentators).

But, your point is well taken - they came back and became world champs, so can B/A.

Wolfgang

On the Ice
Let me preface all this by saying that all I've gotten to see on US TV is the winners and the Americans, which does not give one a whole lot to compare anything to.
That being said, I thought Tanith & Ben did a great job in Moscow, they looked smooth and highly appropriate for their chosen music.
They were the only ones (out of the 3 couples I saw....) who were actually (ballroom) dancing , whereas both the French and Russians did something more akin to interpretive ballet.
Which is ok, but it isn't strictly dancing in the original ballroom sense.
Miss Domnina could, by the way, quite easily challenge Miss Belbin for that 'hottest female athlete' title....:love:
Anyway, I thought they won quite deservedly, despite the fact that some of their footwork and lifts may not have been as difficult as the French or Russian couples'.
It appears that the (1940's Silver Screen) 'American Way' sold quite well in Moscow........:)