Ladies Free - Notes & Results | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free - Notes & Results

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I was totally impressed with Cynthia Phaneuf's long program. She is a lovely skater and her jumps seem to be right on the money. I hope she is allowed to go to Senior Worlds this year. I understand, because of her age and lack of international experience, she might instead be sent to Junior's instead........silly........why then let her compete at Seniors? 42

I'm not sure what the point is in comparing Yukina and Oksana.

If it has to do with the arms, I would say that Yukina uses her arm movements with the musical flow of skating and Oksana uses hers as musical poses for effect. Nothing wrong with either of their styles, but that is the way I see the comparison.

Joe

sarahmistral

On the Ice
oh my!--yay for Yukina

Just thought I'd gush a bit--just saw Yukina Ota for the first time, and color me impressed! The fluidity and maturity in musical interpretation are really remarkable, IMHO; I usually go on forever when I'm moved to post, but I think I'll just sign off and go watch Yukina's program a dozen more times:-D I have to say I enjoyed her natural musicality and presentation more than any of the other Japanese ladies, and quite frankly, I can't think of any other skater who has impressed me with her lyrical and effortless style as much since Oksana & Lulu:love: :love: :love:
She definitely would have had a shot to medal at Worlds, IMHO

Sarah

Antilles

Medalist
Show 42-at the request of her coaches, Pahneuf is not going to senior Worlds. They wanted her to have more international experience before thrusting her onto the senior world. Skate Canada granted the coaches' wish.

Antilles - I presume that means Grand Prix at the end of 2004. I'd expect her to do Skate Canada, and I would like her to Lalique.

Joe

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Antilles, thanks for the info..........I'm sure her coaches know what is in her best interest, but I'll miss her skating at Worlds.....42

Antilles

Medalist
As far as I know, she will be on the Grand Prix circuit next season. I suppose only time will tell if her coaches are correct.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Phaneuf reminded me a bit of Sarah Hughes in her early days. (And doesn't she totally look like Nancy McKeon from "The Facts of Life"???).
I gave Ota a lot of credit for doing a pretty good job interpreting "Daphnis et Chloe", which is a pretty difficult piece to do a decent job with.

shine

Record Breaker
Yay! Finally someone else said what I've felt all seaason long. Daphis et Chloe has to be one of the most abstarct pieces out there and I think Yukina is doing a totally fab job skating to it, especially for someone HER age!