Ladies LP | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
I will create another thread, which will be a sandbox for Yu-na and Mao volleys. You guys go there and fight to your heart's content. I plead you leave this thread alone so that other skating fans can enjoy pbps and have little discussion on overall competition, without having to flip through pages after pages of the same, boring non-sense.

just wondering

On the Ice
I have a feeling that if Ashley skates well here, she'll be on the podium.

It would be fun to see, wouldn't it?! :clap:

After watching Ashley's SP, I'm inclined to give her the crown for "most dramatic improvement." I liked Kimmie's presentation upgrades, but Ashley's changes seem more comprehensive. I will reserve final judgment until after the FS. It is figure skating after all . . . so much can happen in a few short minutes. ;) But so far, very interesting!!! JW

kalle

On the Ice
Well, I like Laura very much and would love to see her at least attempt the Flip/Lutz this season.I beleive her goal is to do well at the Olympics and hope that she has the motivation to try them out.
It looks like they are planned in her FP so I keep my hopes.I think she has great presentation and basic skills but she will badly need them.She is my favorite European lady and I rather see her win Europeans than a sloppy Carolina K.

Other than her, I root for Hacker and Wagner and I am sure Yuna will pull of another great Scherezade :)

For Miki, my only wish is for her to change choreographer, I think she is a very good skater but it starts to be annoying to see the same Morozow programs over and over...It worked well in 06/07 but I am not so sure that it will work all the way up to the Olympics.I mean, she can jump this girl!And her presentation is not that bad..She could be a contender for the Gold with better programs and I guess also depending on her shoulder injury..

ks777

Record Breaker
Well, I like Laura very much and would love to see her at least attempt the Flip/Lutz this season.I beleive her goal is to do well at the Olympics and hope that she has the motivation to try them out.
It looks like they are planned in her FP so I keep my hopes.I think she has great presentation and basic skills but she will badly need them.She is my favorite European lady and I rather see her win Europeans than a sloppy Carolina K.

Other than her, I root for Hacker and Wagner and I am sure Yuna will pull of another great Scherezade :)

For Miki, my only wish is for her to change choreographer, I think she is a very good skater but it starts to be annoying to see the same Morozow programs over and over...It worked well in 06/07 but I am not so sure that it will work all the way up to the Olympics.I mean, she can jump this girl!And her presentation is not that bad..She could be a contender for the Gold with better programs and I guess also depending on her shoulder injury..

I totally agree with you there on Miki. I can't get into Miki's programs anymore because of her bad postures and empty programs. She has almost no transition moves at all between the jumps.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I totally agree with you there on Miki. I can't get into Miki's programs anymore because of her bad postures and empty programs. She has almost no transition moves at all between the jumps.

Miki's posture is indeed atrocious, among the worst I've ever seen, and it was just as bad the year she won her World Championship. But her jumps are quite a strength, and I completely agree it would be wonderful to see something new from her. I hope she has a good solid season to re-group emotionally AWA physically. Then maybe she'll feel like trying a new choreographer!

You really said it when you remarked "I can't get into Miki's programs anymore." That is EXACTLY how I feel. She's about to become a bathroom-break skater for me even though she's always in contention for a medal.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I just hope that no pressure will be put on the tech controller, Ms. Lynch.

Wrlmy

Medalist
At least six skaters have chance to medal! This is so exciting.
Ashley can even snatch silver if she skates clean as she used to last year. But I want Laura to finally win her first gp medal. I adore her:love:

oleada

Record Breaker
Out of the European ladies so far this season, she's certainly looked the best so far! Kostner has been a mess, Meier is not an early season skater, but she hasn't looked great either (and Lepistö beat her at Finlandia anyway), Kiira & Granny are injured, Jenni had a major growth spurt....I know it's a long way away but I wouldn't be surprised if she makes a run at the European title. (Now I hope I haven't jinxed her...).

I think she knows now how good she can be and is expecting a lot more out of herself.

What I love about Laura is that everything she does is of tremendous quality. If she had the lutz and the flip, she'd be contending for World medals, imo.

DragonPhoenix

On the Ice
I will create another thread, which will be a sandbox for Yu-na and Mao volleys. You guys go there and fight to your heart's content. I plead you leave this thread alone so that other skating fans can enjoy pbps and have little discussion on overall competition, without having to flip through pages after pages of the same, boring non-sense.

:agree:

I agree, this is a great idea and good point.

Unfortunately, a few Miki haters and/or Morosov haters are taking their place, and they won't leave this thread alone either with the same nonsense :biggrin:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, a few Miki haters and/or Morosov haters are taking their place, and they won't leave this thread alone either with the same nonsense :biggrin:
There were like 3 or 4 comments on Miki and Morosov, and all of them were well-spoken and not overdone, just opinions. Let's not overreact here.
Saying that Miki has a bad posture is not hating, but stating an opinion, perhaps even a fact.

The freeskate is at 10 a.m. here, perfectly timed. Just after breakfast and my early morning learning phase. I would love to see an upset, as much as I like Yu-Na. Just some suspense, maybe Miki being on the top of her game...

DragonPhoenix

On the Ice
There were like 3 or 4 comments on Miki and Morosov, and all of them were well-spoken and not overdone, just opinions. Let's not overreact here.
Saying that Miki has a bad posture is not hating, but stating an opinion, perhaps even a fact.

The freeskate is at 10 a.m. here, perfectly timed. Just after breakfast and my early morning learning phase. I would love to see an upset, as much as I like Yu-Na. Just some suspense, maybe Miki being on the top of her game...

I'm not overreacting at all.

I'm not talking about posture or anything like that. I'm talking about the overall tone of certain posters.

You agree with them. That's why you have no problem with it. :biggrin:

magicalwords

On the Ice
I wish the best of luck for all skaters today!
Hope there are no controversial judging problems anymore.

I really hope Sarah can come back and medal! I thought her SP score was a little too harsh, so I hope she isn't discouraged or anything like that. She is one of my favorite European skaters and I really wish she can skate with best of her abilities! Go go Sarah!

Also, I hope for Miki to skate with passion. Her SP did not move me at all and I was rather surprised that she got higher score than Lepisto with that skate. Adding to that, I really hope her to not bring out her 4S and just focus on rotating her 3Loop. I don't really like skaters that bring out cheated jumps they can't even land consistently and rotate fully hoping for them to get ratified with judges/tech caller's blessing. Hope Miki doesn't become one of those skaters, as she is my favorite Japanese skater. I wish to see Miki sparkle today. Her Skate America LP trailed behind Nakano's in terms of just about everything - especially artistry and chreography. Miki, you can do it, just like you did in 2007 Worlds.

Hope Lepisto can skate like she did with her SP, and also Wagner, Hacker, Poykio, Mira, etc etc to be in their top shape today.

Last but not least, I hope Yu-Na isn't in shock with that somewhat controversial judging in SP. I love both of her programs this year and I wish to see her spectacular performance again.

Good luck, ladies! :)

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Could someone (sane, adults, in charge) give these people Ritalin already?