Ladies LP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

verysmuchso

On the Ice
Yuna is very overated. She has the worst feet of anyone and her positions on spirals and spins are ugly. She doesn't complete any of her jumps with nice extensions, just rushes fight to the next step. Hopefully her marks will start reflecting this soon as FINALLY Kosnter's marks are starting to reflect her real skating abilities.

Humm, this smells like sour grapes!

yunaddiction

Rinkside
Hmm, so despite the edge call (!), Yu-na averaged .4 GOE for the 3F-3T, even though the 3F had a slight lip and the 3T came out with a bit of a wiggle on the landing. And she also got mostly +GOE for the last 2A that had a step-out. Just to make sure my eyes didn't fool me, I went over to FSU, and several PBP's also noted her step-out on the last 2A.

The 3F-3T getting slightly positive GOE I can sort of understand, since she normally gets even higher GOE, and this time the lip was really less than in the SP and at SA. But not getting any deduction for the 2A? Didn't someone (ChrisH?) look up rules for step-out and said that it has to be -GOE and -2 deduction (form what the judge would otherwise give)? So where's the -GOE and where's the -2? Hmmph!

How come all the winners of the GP's so far have felt a little over-inflated in their scores to me? I mean, I'm not disputing the placement at all. But how come Yu-na is getting such a huge score for a six-triple program with two step-outs? Are they just trying to make the results seem really, really definite? It'll be interesting when time comes for GPF, when they can't just inflate everyone's score (or maybe they can?? after all, aren't they keen to hand out SB at all the major competitions? :p).

Maybe most of COC judges could not escape from charming Yuna.:biggrin:

Just for your reference, Ito Midori on Asahi TV mentioned about the 3F-3T in Yuna's LP...
" It looks like a flip (not a lip) to me "
I was happy to hear the brave comment by japanese ex-skater who once was a real jumping genius. :clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:
Hmm, I finally saw Ashley's FP. It wasn't Ashley II (romantic and delicate) but Ashley I the speed demon. It's kind of cool that she can do two such totally different styles. I was a little disappointed though. It was like a Russian ice dance, the type where they wear rags, fur hats and long yellow braids, while brandishing their scimitars. It's a good point-racker. It was probably more fun in person.

ETA: Moved from TEB thread where I misposted it.

ayanami24

Spectator
shame on you

Yuna is very overated. She has the worst feet of anyone and her positions on spirals and spins are ugly. She doesn't complete any of her jumps with nice extensions, just rushes fight to the next step. Hopefully her marks will start reflecting this soon as FINALLY Kosnter's marks are starting to reflect her real skating abilities.

What a foolish opinion,you must study again about skating

kandidy

Final Flight

Now, I knew who you are, epskeel,you are uncle Dick Button in disguise!

lcd

Match Penalty
Hmm, I finally saw Ashley's FP. It wasn't Ashley II (romantic and delicate) but Ashley I the speed demon. It's kind of cool that she can do two such totally different styles. I was a little disappointed though. It was like a Russian ice dance, the type where they wear rags, fur hats and long yellow braids, while brandishing their scimitars. It's a good point-racker. It was probably more fun in person.

ETA: Moved from TEB thread where I misposted it.

Ashley has all the ingredients. They are delivered with great conviction. What I wish for when I see her skate, however, is the chance to see and feel her heart. A touch of vulnerability would be sublime.