New Sasha journal ... 8/24/05 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

New Sasha journal ... 8/24/05

millie

Medalist
gezando said:
I had a Citizen's watch once, looked good and flexible, but could not count on it when it was needed most. It was very stopable at the major events

I also have a Citizen watch, had it for many years. In the beginning, people told me that they weren't very good but I had confidence in my watch. Now after all these years, their big name watches have stopped ticking, but my Citizen keeps right on ticking to the top. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

R.D.

Record Breaker
gezando said:
I had a Citizen's watch once, looked good and flexible, but could not count on it when it was needed most. It was very stopable at the major events

you :frown2: :laugh:

I still have my Timex and it is still ticking just like Swayzee said it would.

My faux Rollex was stolen. But nice for Sasha to get these endorsements.

Joe

gezando

Final Flight
Red Dog said:

Well what do you expect, the good looks on the surface sells up to a point, then oh the hype then the let down after the stopable Citizens watch fails everytime I need it in major events. Anyway, I expect you to eat lots of of red meat ;)

Last edited:
S

SkateFan4Life

I know I've posted several of Sasha's journals in previous threads, and, Heaven help us all, here's yet another one.

Please, folks, let's all get a life, at least as far as Ms. Cohen is concerned. While the lady can obviously skate very well, she comes across as a totally self-absorbed person whose focus revolves 100 percent around herself. Yes, yes, she's dedicated to figure skating, and she has proven (finally) that she can put together two decent (yet still flawed) programs, but WHY does she post so much stuff that can only be classified as trivia? Honestly, is anyone out there really interested in this fluff? Please, guys, tell me you have other interests in life than this girl. :eek:hwell:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
SkateFan4Life said:
I know I've posted several of Sasha's journals in previous threads, and, Heaven help us all, here's yet another one.

Please, folks, let's all get a life, at least as far as Ms. Cohen is concerned. While the lady can obviously skate very well, she comes across as a totally self-absorbed person whose focus revolves 100 percent around herself. Yes, yes, she's dedicated to figure skating, and she has proven (finally) that she can put together two decent (yet still flawed) programs, but WHY does she post so much stuff that can only be classified as trivia? Honestly, is anyone out there really interested in this fluff? Please, guys, tell me you have other interests in life than this girl. :eek:hwell:

Well in fairness, I'm guessing that lots of people would think the stuff that WE post (or at least that "I" post) is trivia and not all that interesting. Free speech, and to each his/her own IMO.

DG

SkateFan4Life said:
Honestly, is anyone out there really interested in this fluff? Please, guys, tell me you have other interests in life than this girl.
Well, Michelle doesn't keep an online journal, so what can I do while I'm marking off the days until Campbell's? :laugh:

millie

Medalist
SkateFan4Life said:

If your so upset about Sasha's Journals, why do read them. Probably Sasha thinks that what she writes about are important in her life and her fans likes to hear about it, How do you know that she is totaly self-absorbed person whose focus resolves 100 percent around herself? Do you know her personally? Some skaters don't have to write about themselves and what they are doing because they think that they so important that they don't take the time to tell us and be secretative about what they are doing. They don't have time for us folks because they are so busy living with their high society lives. We hear about other skaters through-the-grape-vine, they don't have to tell us about what they are doing.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Doggygirl said:
Well in fairness, I'm guessing that lots of people would think the stuff that WE post (or at least that "I" post) is trivia and not all that interesting. Free speech, and to each his/her own IMO.

DG
Exactly. ITA.

emma

Record Breaker
I like reading Soap Opera digest when in line at the grocery store, and I like to read stuff like Sasha's journal when I'm supposed to be working but am in need of a distraction...If you knew me you would know why these examples of things I like to read are just shocking...but hey, we are all complicated in our own particular ways.

S

SkateFan4Life

millie said:
If your so upset about Sasha's Journals, why do read them. Probably Sasha thinks that what she writes about are important in her life and her fans likes to hear about it, How do you know that she is totaly self-absorbed person whose focus resolves 100 percent around herself? Do you know her personally? Some skaters don't have to write about themselves and what they are doing because they think that they so important that they don't take the time to tell us and be secretative about what they are doing. They don't have time for us folks because they are so busy living with their high society lives. We hear about other skaters through-the-grape-vine, they don't have to tell us about what they are doing.

Oh, come on already! Haven't you read the comments from others in this message board who have also expressed their less than positive reaction to the fluff in Sasha's journals? Many of us just laugh at this trivia. And why in the world do you defend this girl as if she's your best friend? Please, all of us should have better things to do with our lives - IMHO at least. :biggrin:

gezando

Final Flight
millie said:
........ Do you know her personally?

:biggrin: Millie, that is a very usable quote

Some skaters don't have to write about themselves and what they are doing

OK, I am following you up to this point, yes skaters don't have to write about themselves and what they are doing

because they think that they so important that they don't take the time to tell us and be secretative about what they are doing. They don't have time for us folks because they are so busy living with their high society lives.
Now how on earth did you draw such a ridiculous conclusion?? Like you said, do you know these skaters personally, how do you know the reasons why they are not keeping a journal. What do you mean by secretive about what they are doing? Again, do you know these skaters personally??? There are many reasons why some skaters do not keep an online journal, or why a skater who keeps an online journal seems to love to play the game of, I have chosen my music already, but I will announce my music soon, so I am keeping it secretive for now

about other skaters through-the-grape-vine,

OK there are grape vine so?? IMO people love to speculate, e.g. before Cohen announced that she will announce her programs soon, her uber fans were already following her to her rink, watching her practice and posting all over the place about her music.

They don't have to tell us about what they are doing.
Now what kind of reasoning is this?? First you diss the skaters who don't keep an online journal, then you give us the perfect answer, yes they don't have to tell us about what they are doing

Last edited:
To me, it is one thing to say that Sasha's journal entries are fluffy and not of any great moment. But there is nothing in that which makes me think that Sasha is self-absorbed and only interested in herself.

Conversely, to conclude that someone is a stuck-up diva because he or she doesn't keep an online journal -- that's pretty weak reasoning, too, IMHO.

Mathman

millie

Medalist
Mathman said:
To me, it is one thing to say that Sasha's journal entries are fluffy and not of any great moment. But there is nothing in that which makes me think that Sasha is self-absorbed and only interested in herself.

Conversely, to conclude that someone is a stuck-up diva because he or she doesn't keep an online journal -- that's pretty weak reasoning, too, IMHO.

Mathman

I would spectulate that Sasha writes her journals for her fans to read and they probably enjoy it. When she writes in her journals, she writes about herself and her family. I can't see how people can come to the conclusion,from this, that she is self absorbed and only interested in herself? The journals is supposed to be about her life and what she is doing---It may not seem very interesting and fluffy to us, but to her it seems to be important. Most of the things that are written in Sasha's journal and on her web site are things that cater to the younger fans, older fans or non fans may think its not important.

Matman, you talk about weak reasoning!! What's the differerence, you concluded that Sasha is selfabsorbed and only interested in herself from what she writes in her journals. I concluded that that someone is a stuck-up-diva (your words) because they do not write a journal.

Let's all agree to disagree on this subject.

May the best man or woman win!!
Happy skating!!

Lucy25

Final Flight
millie said:
Matman, you talk about weak reasoning!! What's the differerence, you concluded that Sasha is selfabsorbed and only interested in herself from what she writes in her journals. I concluded that that someone is a stuck-up-diva (your words) because they do not write a journal.

I can't figure out how you got that from Mathman's response at all. Where in the world does he call Sasha self absorbed and only interested in herself? I think you need to read his post again. I also agree with MM that it is positively ridiculous to conclude that a skater is stuck up because they do not write a journal. That conclusion is beyond silly.

millie

Medalist
SkateFan4Life said:
Oh, come on already! Haven't you read the comments from others in this message board who have also expressed their less than positive reaction to the fluff in Sasha's journals? Many of us just laugh at this trivia. And why in the world do you defend this girl as if she's your best friend? Please, all of us should have better things to do with our lives - IMHO at least. :biggrin:[/QUOTE

Yes, I have read the comments from others in this message board that have expressed their opinion!! That's their opinion, maybe I have a different opinion from others, that's freedom of speach. This girl named Sasha is not my best friend, but you come to the defence of other skaters as if they were your best friend.

Also, we all have better things to do with our lives but this is a forum in which we can express our views and have a chat about figure skating and the anticipation of the upcoming skating season. :rock: :rock: :rock:

millie

Medalist
Lucy25 said:
I can't figure out how you got that from Mathman's response at all. Where in the world does he call Sasha self absorbed and only interested in herself? I think you need to read his post again. I also agree with MM that it is positively ridiculous to conclude that a skater is stuck up because they do not write a journal. That conclusion is beyond silly.

Thank you Lucy25, I appologize to Mathman, I misread his thread. No hard feelings :thumbsup: :thumbsup: