Patrick Chan | Page 199 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

m0001

On the Ice
HAHA :) I think it's even a bit less than 2 hours ;)
Ottawa is Patrick's hometown right? It might be a bit overwhelming ;)

In Montreal, we have a mountain ;) apparently... do not ever tell a Montrealer that it's just a hill....

Finally, I think we get offended when something isn't happening in the second largest city in the country.... but everywhere else.. you know! Boycott!!! HAHA I think I will look at my schedule though.... and may see what I can do....it's on my list of things to do before I die.... Seeing Patrick Live and seeing northern lights.... The rest, I have pretty much done... HAHA

Patrick was born in Ottawa, but his home is in North York of GTA.

blueberryhill

On the Ice
HAHA :) I think it's even a bit less than 2 hours
Ottawa is Patrick's hometown right? It might be a bit overwhelming

In Montreal, we have a mountain ;) apparently... do not ever tell a Montrealer that it's just a hill....

Finally, I think we get offended when something isn't happening in the second largest city in the country.... but everywhere else.. you know! Boycott!!! HAHA I think I will look at my schedule though.... and may see what I can do....it's on my list of things to do before I die.... Seeing Patrick Live and seeing northern lights.... The rest, I have pretty much done... HAHA
My first and only live competition was 2014 Canadian Nats in ... Ottawa! Front row seats!
I've also seen Patrick live at 2013,14,15 SOI (neaner, neaner :taunt:) and I saw my first northern lights a couple of months ago ... by accident! (I went for an evening walk in my neighbourhood and saw these beautiful green lights in the sky. I had to ask some people what they were. Did I ever feel like an idiot when they told me!)

I had/have two Montreal bucket lists items:
1) see the Montreal Canadiens at the Forum - ain't gonna happen!
2) attend a Formula One Grand Prix Race - maybe!

I have a theory why SOI won't be in Montreal. The Canadiens will probably in a play-off race then.
As the SOI heads west, the time factor works more in SOI's favour as the play-off will move into the later rounds and the venues are more willing to book for SOI. But in Montreal, hockey is religion and SOI is just not important enough.
I've heard that SOI usually will be in Montreal in an Olympic year so you can either go to Ottawa this year or wait until 2018 when they will be announcing Patrick Chan as "World and Olympic champion!!! :) :love:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Super surprised that SOI isn't going to Montreal this year (yet), there's so much figure skating going on in Quebec so I thought it would be a "staple" city. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the Toronto SOI this year because I've decided to save my pennies and get Skate Canada tickets instead, Patrick will be there for sure so I hope I can see him win and maybe run into him just once in my life. When I got SOI 2015 tickets the meet and greet tickets were sold out rather quickly so I was really disappointed argh.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i have hit your bucket lists items so long ago i have no recollection about them...

damn hockey.... always ruining my life... HAHA

considering all the dance teams and the pairs training in montreal right now, it would be nice if something fun happened here for us the fans.... SOI get on with it ;)
My first and only live competition was 2014 Canadian Nats in ... Ottawa! Front row seats!
I've also seen Patrick live at 2013,14,15 SOI (neaner, neaner :taunt:) and I saw my first northern lights a couple of months ago ... by accident! (I went for an evening walk in my neighbourhood and saw these beautiful green lights in the sky. I had to ask some people what they were. Did I ever feel like an idiot when they told me!)

I had/have two Montreal bucket lists items:
1) see the Montreal Canadiens at the Forum - ain't gonna happen!
2) attend a Formula One Grand Prix Race - maybe!

I have a theory why SOI won't be in Montreal. The Canadiens will probably in a play-off race then.
As the SOI heads west, the time factor works more in SOI's favour as the play-off will move into the later rounds and the venues are more willing to book for SOI. But in Montreal, hockey is religion and SOI is just not important enough.
I've heard that SOI usually will be in Montreal in an Olympic year so you can either go to Ottawa this year or wait until 2018 when they will be announcing Patrick Chan as "World and Olympic champion!!! :) :love:

that would be a dream come true.... + a canadian dance team as champions as well, either WEAPO or VM coming back for more glory haha

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
...it's on my list of things to do before I die.... Seeing Patrick Live and seeing northern lights.... The rest, I have pretty much done... HAHA

Do it! And I'll put that on my list as well!

I've also seen Patrick live at 2013,14,15 SOI (neaner, neaner :taunt:)

Naughty! Naughty! And so lucky! :bow:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Krunchii, glad you enjoyed the photo from that angle.

4everchan, then by all means, use your dream software to replace Katia with yourself in the photo! I should have clarified in my post that the *sigh* is just for how sweetly romantic Patrick looks in that photo (something we don't get to see in his solo performances), and not for him and Katia. It's also a great reference for me as a writer to see what he looks like when he acts that way.

I was originally trying to find a photo of him lifting Katia during last year's SOI group tango performance. He seemed so grown up in that performance and came across very confident and self-assured. Maybe he could "act" the same way to prepare himself for competitions - especially right before Mack the Knife. He could use the same techniques actors use to get into that role. It will help him better tune out distractions and concentrate on his performance.

Last edited:

blueberryhill

On the Ice
Super surprised that SOI isn't going to Montreal this year (yet), there's so much figure skating going on in Quebec so I thought it would be a "staple" city. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the Toronto SOI this year because I've decided to save my pennies and get Skate Canada tickets instead, Patrick will be there for sure so I hope I can see him win and maybe run into him just once in my life. When I got SOI 2015 tickets the meet and greet tickets were sold out rather quickly so I was really disappointed argh.
Did you manage to get good tickets for Skate Canada? Having only attended one live competition, I'm no expert, but I think Canadian fans are very lucky. My all-event pass at 2014 Nationals costed $185.00. It included all practices, SP, LP and gala (thurs - sun). By contrast, I read online that the 2014 US nationals were more than $1000 and the practice session was first come first served. I think even Skate America 2015 in Milwaukee was over $600.

I think the "problem" now for Canadians is that there is a competition with Japanese fans for those tickets. The Japanese love their skating and I think they love coming here. But they are so enthusiastic and respectful that they are welcome. Even at the 2014 Nats I noticed some. I later saw their videos on YT and it seems like they were here to see Kevin Reynolds!

Yes Vivley, I'm lucky! My attendance at 2014 was made possible only because I have a close relative who lives in Ottawa. I stayed at his house, he chauffeured us around, we were able to have home-cooked meals (thus not relying on arena fast food) and most important, the front row seats was only because he has season tickets to the Ottawa Senators and had first crack at arena events before the general public. I wanted front row seats in the corner because I wanted to see Patrick Chan do his quad combo right in front of me. Wish granted!:yahoo:

Krunchii, I'm sure you'll have a good time (and we will live vicariously through you!) but for those who have never been to a live competition it is very time-consuming. I was exhausted and I had it easy compared to most!

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
okay... now i need to find a money tree ;) but that's indeed a good deal and I perhaps have friends in finland who could cook me some meals ;)
4everchan and vivley. The 2017 World figure skating championships will be in ... (drumroll) ... Helsinski, Findland!

There you go. A TWOFER!!! :cool2:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Did you manage to get good tickets for Skate Canada? Having only attended one live competition, I'm no expert, but I think Canadian fans are very lucky. My all-event pass at 2014 Nationals costed $185.00. It included all practices, SP, LP and gala (thurs - sat). By contrast, I read online that the 2014 US nationals were more than $1000 and the practice session was first come first served. I think even Skate America 2015 in Milwaukee was over $600.

Yes Vivley, I'm lucky! My attendance at 2014 was made possible only because I have a close relative who lives in Ottawa. I stayed at his house, he chauffeured us around, we were able to have home-cooked meals (thus not relying on arena fast food) and most important, the front row seats was only because he has season tickets to the Ottawa Senators and had first crack at arena events before the general public. I wanted front row seats in the corner because I wanted to see Patrick Chan do his quad combo right in front of me. Wish granted!:yahoo:

You got a sweet deal, Blueberryhill! You even knew where to sit. :) My apologies if you have shared on this forum before, but I would be most interested to hear about your on-the-ground experiences of seeing Patrick live!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
WOW daisuke is so nice and genuinely cheering and concerned when WTH happened to Patrick there???? Do you have the other camera angle handy? I am supposed to go play MTK right now so I cannot look for it right away LOL.... Patrick and Daisuke ;) my faves ;)
Somebody asked for this a little while ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWv9IhtsHik Patrick guest starring as a speedy blur. ;)

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
WWW daisuke is so nice and genuinely cheering and concerned when WTH happened to Patrick there???? Do you have the other camera angle handy? I am supposed to go play MTK right now so I cannot look for it right away LOL.... Patrick and Daisuke ;) my faves ;)

You forgot GPF 2011 where Patrick did a beautiful 4T3T, right into the board? We laughed about it. It was an eventful event for him as he faced attacks and accusations of wishing to skate for China rather than Canada when a "journalist" released a saved interview right before the GPF to create controversy. Patrick was very disturbed and thought he would be booed. But the Quebec City crowed cheered him warmly and he went on to win the event in spite of the SP board incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR3NG7FpkZ8

qwertyskates

Medalist
Nicesuke!:agree:

Is that due to a rink that is too small? That's scary! His speed is tremendous and it makes it more difficult to control if he is used to a bigger rink.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i was far away in 2011 :) but i do remember now :)
You forgot GPF 2011 where Patrick did a beautiful 4T3T, right into the board? We laughed about it. It was an eventful event for him as he faced attacks and accusations of wishing to skate for China rather than Canada when a "journalist" released a saved interview right before the GPF to create controversy. Patrick was very disturbed and thought he would be booed. But the Quebec City crowed cheered him warmly and he went on to win the event in spite of the SP board incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR3NG7FpkZ8