Patrick Chan | Page 504 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
do not worry about it :) i hadn't read your post with negativity. You are always giving us well crafted and balanced posts which I love reading! And yes, I have read those where even yourself felt low... oh sochi.... that is the part of the thread that is the most painful to read for us, chan fans... I have to admit that I read it very fast ;)

regarding the hilarity, well that's how i deal with things ;) when I am a bit sad.... i joke about it...and as many here have a great sense of humour, i guess it took epic proportions ;)
:thank: for the compliment! I'm glad others joined in your humor and it did indeed take on a life of its own. SarahSynchro and Osmond4gold should stop by here more often! :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
:2thumbs:

Good to see you back to swooning. You're so good at it. :agree:

let's make it clear ;) i joked a bit... i lost temporarily the c in my username ;) but i am not blaming patrick for the music choices ;) that's someone else responsibility ;)

in other words... i never stopped swooning ;)

:thank:

4everchan

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
:thank: for the compliment! I'm glad others joined in your humor and it did indeed take on a life of its own. SarahSynchro and Osmond4gold should stop by here more often! :)

Thanks skatingfan4ever for the welcome! It has been fun hanging out with the Cool Club for a change. Both SarahSynchro and 4everchan are 2 of my GS favs, and are more than familiar with my East Coast humour, as I am with theirs. I'll def. be back! :)

Anastasi14

On the Ice
i am more curious about the SP... i think that i will like it more than the LP this year ;)
After listening "Hallelujah" over and over again.....I realized that I'm pretty ok with this choice. Not exactly what I wanted, but I'm curious what direction they will chose, what meaning they will try to put into this program.

As for SP I'm not that sure, I'm afraid the short and long will be a bit the same. I like the song but I'd prefer something different. More powerful, classics perhaps. I'm surprised that Marina didn't suggest classics.....

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thanks skatingfan4ever for the welcome! It has been fun hanging out with the Cool Club for a change. Both SarahSynchro and 4everchan are 2 of my GS favs, and are more than familiar with my East Coast humour, as I am with theirs. I'll def. be back! :)

Welcome to you Osmond4gold! I'm sorry I haven't welcomed you sooner (at least that I can remember) but I haven't been able to be here as much as I'd like to lately but I was so glad to see that you have ventured over here, your posts in the other forums are some of my faves. :)

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
let's make it clear ;) i joked a bit... i lost temporarily the c in my username ;) but i am not blaming patrick for the music choices ;) that's someone else responsibility ;)

in other words... i never stopped swooning ;)

:thank:

4everchan
:2thumbs: :yay:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Welcome to you Osmond4gold! I'm sorry I haven't welcomed you sooner (at least that I can remember) but I haven't been able to be here as much as I'd like to lately but I was so glad to see that you have ventured over here, your posts in the other forums are some of my faves. :)

:thank: Ic3Rabbit! I have long admired your insights also, and look forward to reading more of these in the future. Cheers!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
After listening "Hallelujah" over and over again.....I realized that I'm pretty ok with this choice. Not exactly what I wanted, but I'm curious what direction they will chose, what meaning they will try to put into this program.

As for SP I'm not that sure, I'm afraid the short and long will be a bit the same. I like the song but I'd prefer something different. More powerful, classics perhaps. I'm surprised that Marina didn't suggest classics.....

well.. that sums it up nicely...

I think that each song individually is okay... some like the SP more than the LP... some like the LP more than the SP...

but the issue is to have them BOTH together.

I think the lack of contrast is a mistake, especially considering the wide range of musical interpretation skills Patrick has. Something more up-beat would have been nice but none of the songs offers much tempo variation.

I am not worried really because Patrick can skate to anything but yes, I was hoping for classical music as every time he skated on classical music, he created a masterpiece.

Also, Patrick hasn't revealed where he will start the year.... so that also makes me anxious. With such choices, I would like him to show them early for him to get the feedback from the judges. Doing a summer competition would help him get such insight and perhaps some adapting could happen.... or a brand new program.

Finally, I am used to Patrick showing only one brand new program every year... he's always done it like that. It was a strategy I thought was pretty smart as like everyone else, he needs time to really "feel" his way in a program.... we saw it with Mack The Knife ... it took him quite a while to skate it well .... the Chopin is a great example about how every time it got better and better and it was Patrick's second year doing it as when he was "on break" he still skated it at Japan open... (and i loved that costume so much...) so yeah... 2 brand new programs... 2 "odd" music choices for Patrick... 2 relatively mellow songs.... it's a lot to gobble :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
on my way home from work... i was walking under the rainbow balls canopy which you can see here and suddenly... .i was... OMG white unicorns!!!! i think i saw a leprechaun too... so i kept looking for Patrick while taking photos but remembered he was in toronto

this is a shot I took... only pure souls can see unicorns... so if you don't see its horn... well.. you have work to do.

Unicorn and Rainbow For the WIN

GO PATRICK !!!!!!

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
on my way home from work... i was walking under the rainbow balls canopy which you can see here and suddenly... .i was white unicorns.... i think i saw a leprechaun too... so i kept looking for Patrick while taking photos but remembered he was in toronto

this is a shot I took... only pure souls can see unicorns... so if you don't see its horn... well.. you have work to do.

Unicorn and Rainbow For the WIN

GO PATRICK !!!!!!

Well....I guess I'm a pure soul then. ;) *gasp* :hap36:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Ic3Rabbit.... you are mistaken... you saw two horns... that's not the same :devil:

Oh well then....nevermind....I was too busy daydreaming :love: about something else (someone) and mistook it for a single horn. :sarcasm:

Nothing to see here...moving along....:dev3::slink:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Mrs. Poje,

I did not realize that your relationship had blossomed to nuptials. My congratulations to you both, and may you have many little Latkes together, hopefully with your charm/wit and his dimples!

YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME, Mrs. P! In honour of your wedding and new beginnings, I will advise Patrick that he has new program and will skate to traditional Russian folk song, that is called the "Matchmaker", and goes like this, "Matchmaker, Matchmaker, make me a match, find me a find, catch me a catch... " This to recognize your years of persistence.

Also, given the flack I have taken on here today, by some who shall remain nameless forever, I have decided to change from the classic sound of Kansas to another 70's iconic song. One by the Eagles inspired by these same naysayers, that goes like this, "Desperado, why don't you come to your senses..."

Dasvidanya!
Marina Z.

Hi Ms. Zoueva,

Thank you so much for the well wishes for my husband and I as we start our new life together as one! However, I must admit that I am slightly questioning your sincerity, as I think it's pretty evident that you don't want to see my gorgeous hubby anywhere near that Pyeongchang podium. I hate to break it to you my darling, but your key to a 1-2 lock on the podium mysteriously disappeared three and a half seasons ago. Rumour has it that a portion of what was once considered your monopoly of ice dance superiority has resurfaced somewhere in the Canadian city of Montreal, alongside a younger sparing team who originated somewhere in a faraway land known as Europe.

I also hate to be the barer of more bad news, but a pattern has developed over the past three seasons in ice dance, whereby the silver medal winning team of one season drops down to the bronze step on the podium for the next, and then they end up off the podium all together in the season after that.

As I'm sure you are aware, my hot hunk of a husband has first-hand experience with this exact phenomenon. The struggle is both glaringly real and painfully serious, so it may be for the best to accept that The SS ShibSibShip has sailed.

Besides, I've already purchased several stunningly beautiful designer dresses to wear to the medal ceremony, the gala, and the post-gala afterparty. Just level with me here, one woman to another: you wouldn't want to take away an opportunity for me to show off my haute couture while alongside my husband, who will be wearing his Olympic medal around his neck, now would you? Hell-to-the-no! We sistas gotta stick together!

Let my hubby have his time to shine, and in the meantime, how about you shift your focus to our homeboy Chiddy? My sincere condolences to your beloved Shibs, but Patrick needs you more, Ms. Zoueva. Surely you must know this in your heart!

Sending you all my love, hugs, and a costco sized bottle of reality;

Mrs. Poje.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This is the place where a party can burst out without any reason or pretext. That is why

Hell yea, did somebody say there's a party going on right now?! Be right there! I'll bring the Palm Bays, i always have dozens on hand in my fridge. Is there anyone who would be willing to pick up a case of cherry coke on their way to the festivities? I would've gone a little earlier to make a pit stop at the grocery store, but I accidentally dozed off on the couch for a bit and didn't set my alarm clock. Now the stores here are all closed. Sigh.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Whew! I was able to log in finally! Had trouble late last night trying to get in here...

My blog post is finally done! It took quite to transcribe that 16-minute Facebook interview Patrick, but it's up now. Lot of videos and photos of last night's pitch, too!

Patrick Chan Summer News Update, July 27, 2017

And guess where Patrick was today?? He was at Flat Rock Cellars, previewing his new.... Sparkling wine!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXEsxj5BxHC/?taken-by=flatrockcellars

Enjoy!

OMG

bubbles are my fave!!!!!!!!!! I WANT ME SOME SPARKLY CHIDDY!