Patrick Chan | Page 313 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
You puzzle me, Ayara. I just read the linked article because I left home before I could read it and now, seeing the article clearly reported what Patrick's new LP was and how it came about, I wonder why the only thing that registered with you was the joke.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
the early edition was pretty much the same two japan opens in a row... he added the extra juicy jumps and refined the timing... in any case, it was so perfect at 4CC that I am ready for a new one.... I hope it's not a pattern though... 4 Seasons was perfect at TEB... then not so great at OG.. and Chopin was perfect at 4CC, not so great at WC... the good news, is that those programs got to be skated to perfection at least once... and we get to go online and choose which version we watch :) I will miss the Chopin to be honest, and I will certainly feel a bit weird about the no classical music for patrick at all this year.... that's something i need to cope with.... it will take me a couple months HAHA

You will get over it after the first performance.

The Chopin piece was so well skated and loved that it seemed "old" because it was talked about and viewed so much. A drawback of a magnificent and perfectly skated program. May Patrick have more of them

Ayara

On the Ice
You puzzle me, Ayara. I just read the linked article because I left home before I could read it and now, seeing the article clearly reported what Patrick's new LP was and how it came about, I wonder why the only thing that registered with you was the joke.

Sorry) As I said, I was half asleep) The brain doesnэ't think get a grasp of the text better x)
An yes, i'm still alarmist, you know. I'm first go to panic, only more later puzzle out what happend x)
Sorry, I'm very emotional)

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I'm happy to see this thread get so much mileage in the time I was away. It's been a real party in here. :hb:

4everchan and I both came to the conclusion that Skate Canada's top tier skaters are headed to Finlandia because Worlds 2017 is in Finland. This has been proven to be true so far, with Virtue/Moir, Duhamel/Radford, and Chan heading there. Kaetlyn Osmond is also assigned.

calica I checked CTV's site and the video of the 6 PM news hasn't been posted yet. I'll share the video with you guys when it is.

I think we need a summary of all the Chiddy info from HPC2016 out there so whoever is in charge can update the OP as they wish and it's easier to catch up instead of digging through pages.

Videos
SP preview by Skate Canada
SP preview by PJ Kwong
Skate Canada's behind the scenes video
IFS media scrum
The Canadian Press interview
Patrick Chan: 2016 Skate Canada High Performance Camp
Patrick Chan at Skate Canada HPC 2016 by PJ Kwong
On the 6 PM CTV News
On the 11.30 PM CTV News
Jeopar-skate!

Photos
Media scrum
The three amigos of the FS
Retirement is looming
On the evening news
Patrick, Nam, and Elladj
Breaking the Ice(wine)

Articles
Patrick Chan skating without a coach for now
Canadian figure skating star Patrick Chan not ready to name a new coach

Patrick Chan plans to retire after 2018 Olympic season
Patrick Chan in a good place as he prepares for new skating journey
Patrick Chan Skates in New Directions
Canadian figure skaters show new looks at pre-season camp

What have we learned? (aka TL;DR)
Patrick is training in Canton, MI at Arctic Edge without a coach.
He spent the summer working on his 3A with Kathy Johnson and Oleg Epstein.
Skate Canada's high performance director Mike Slipchuk and Patrick are discussing who his next coach will be.
It is expected he will announce his support team next week.
His planned move to Vancouver is on hold.
Finlandia Trophy (October 6-9) will be his first competition of the season, and his first Senior B event.
Patrick chose Finlandia to get used to the time difference for Worlds 2017 and to get mileage on his SP and FS.
He is planning on debuting a quad Salchow in his FS in Finland.
Patrick is going to retire after the 2017-2018 season.
His SP is to "Blackbird" by The Beatles.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
nice post Mango!!!! I think Doris updates the OP frequently, so your post will certainly be bliss for her!

Virtue and Moir are going to Autumn Classic... please, let me have these ones at least ;) it's confirmed... I am betting that Weapo get Finlandia :)

that's the only thing I need to add ;) hahaha and of course, I think we pretty much all knew that Patrick would retire after the OG... What would be shocking would be that he goes to WC that year as well ;) but we never know :)

And yes, this thread has been bursting with activity. It was an intense day :) Go Chiddy!!!!!

I'm happy to see this thread get so much mileage in the time I was away. It's been a real party in here. :hb:

4everchan and I both came to the conclusion that Skate Canada's top tier skaters are headed to Finlandia because Worlds 2017 is in Finland. This has been proven to be true so far, with Virtue/Moir, Duhamel/Radford, and Chan heading there. Kaetlyn Osmond is also assigned.

calica I checked CTV's site and the video of the 6 PM news hasn't been posted yet. I'll share the video with you guys when it is.

I think we need a summary of all the Chiddy info from HPC2016 out there so whoever is in charge can update the OP as they wish and it's easier to catch up instead of digging through pages.

Videos
SP preview by PJ Kwong
IFS media scrum

Photos
Media scrum
Retirement is looming
On the evening news

Articles

Skate Canada's high performance director Mike Slipchuk and Patrick are discussing who his next coach will be.
Finlandia Trophy (October 6-9) will be his first competition of the season, and his first Senior B event.
Patrick chose Finlandia to get used to the time difference for Worlds 2017 and to get mileage on his SP and FS.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
nice post Mango!!!! I think Doris updates the OP frequently, so your post will certainly be bliss for her!

Virtue and Moir are going to Autumn Classic... please, let me have these ones at least ;) it's confirmed... I am betting that Weapo get Finlandia :)

that's the only thing I need to add ;) hahaha and of course, I think we pretty much all knew that Patrick would retire after the OG... What would be shocking would be that he goes to WC that year as well ;) but we never know :)

And yes, this thread has been bursting with activity. It was an intense day :) Go Chiddy!!!!!

Sorry this is OT but IFS confirmed that Virtue/Moir are going to both Autumn Classic and Finlandia. Maybe WeaPo will also be going? Or maybe they'll be at Nepela?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
wow.. they are winning the jackpot :) go V/M

thanks for letting me know.

I was just scared I had misread :) :) :)
Sorry this is OT but IFS confirmed that Virtue/Moir are going to both Autumn Classic and Finlandia. Maybe WeaPo will also be going? Or maybe they'll be at Nepela?

Ayara

On the Ice
Wow, now I want to go Finlandia))
See them all - it would be indescribable. *_*
And why do I live so far away >____<

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
see... what's worse... i don't live too far away to go to Skate Canada... EVERYONE I want to see will be there... well almost... and i just cannot free myself up that weekend.. I have been crying for weeks LOL....
Wow, now I want to go Finlandia))
See them all - it would be indescribable. *_*
And why do I live so far away >____<

Last edited:

Ayara

On the Ice
4everchan, take me to you. I'll go instead of you))))))

see... what's worse... i don't live to far away to go to Skate Canada... EVERYONE I want to see will be there... well almost... and i just cannot free myself up that weekend.. I have been crying for weeks LOL....

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Nice, Mango! Can I copy your post and put it on my fan site? :laugh: Just kidding - I will be doing a summary soon - just wanted to wait until tonight's meet and greet.

Here's another video from Skate Canada:

Also, I just noticed that Patrick is on the Skate Canada Shop page with adorable gloves on!

http://shop.skatecanada.ca/

Videos
SP preview by PJ Kwong
IFS media scrum

Photos
Media scrum
Retirement is looming
On the evening news

Articles

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Nice, Mango! Can I copy your post and put it on my fan site? :laugh: Just kidding - I will be doing a summary soon - just wanted to wait until tonight's meet and greet.

Here's another video from Skate Canada:

http://shop.skatecanada.ca/

Love this interview by Patrick. Mature and confident. Own it, Patrick. Seek no more, you've got it. Just keep it.

I'm so glad he's is getting and benefiting from the keen expert eyes I mentioned that he needed. His team is a support system but a main coach, someone who knows him, i.e. his body, mind, techniques, moods, etc., extremely well will still be a major aid/"tool" as a constant and a competition support, but not as a babysitter in his daily training.

The best of Patrick Chan is yet to come.

Ayara

On the Ice
Why are people so hate Patrick?
I see this not for the first time, but still don't understand. After his interview there are so much negativity...
It's wrong to hate someone only because of who he is. Foolish people >_<

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
that's why we hide in here... welcome to the forum.... where patrick is often undervalued.... :(
Why are people so hate Patrick?
I see this not for the first time, but still don't understand. After his interview there are so much negativity...
It's wrong to hate someone only because of who he is. Foolish people >_<

bramweld

Record Breaker
1. Coachless, he's working without a coach going into the next OG given the talent around him? Well, that might have a little something to do with it.

2. He sometimes has these extreme cases of foot in mouth disease. But I actually found his latest offerings fresh and honest.

3. We should just give the guy a break, these last two seasons really are his swan song. Be Happy!! Life's really too short for all this negativity.:shrug: