Patrick Chan | Page 516 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Jeffchiddy

Rinkside
IMHO, what matters is that he gives his very best to each competition and enjoys the results, not letting them define who he is.

God, I just love these words! I completely agree with you. And I guess this is what makes him so special and adorable. This is why his program and condition looks so comfortable.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i think i spotted a can of beer in the instagram photo... i guess it goes with what he said in the interview about what he has always in his fridge.... LOL

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
http://imgur.com/4n0e9nc

OMG. The Golden Rainbow also shines right on his skate! :love: :love: :love:

I spotted the other skate which confirmed the horizontal shining object by his feet was indeed the blade of his skate! I don't know why he has the skates there but just love the symbolism and the omen! :2thumbs:

Thank you Jeremy for such a perfect pic!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
http://imgur.com/4n0e9nc

OMG. The Golden Rainbow also shines right on his skate! :love: :love: :love:

I spotted the other skate which confirmed the horizontal shining object by his feet was indeed the blade of his skate! I don't know why he has the skates there but just love the symbolism and the omen! :2thumbs:

Thank you Jeremy for such a perfect pic!

??? looks like a water bottle to me....

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
4everchan, as soon as VB said golden RAINBOW look what else showed up!!!! :yay:

http://i.imgur.com/4n0e9nc.jpg

:laugh2::rofl: Nice work!

And to vivley, I’d be honored to be linked to your site! Thank you so much, and no need to rush. And thanks everyone for making me feel very welcome.

And the link is up on my "Related Sites" page!

--------------

Well folks, my new blog post is up. I found some more nice pictures from the Onyx Challenge, so take a look!

Patrick Chan Summer News Update, August 22, 2017

Next up is the High Performance Camp! :agree::agree:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Regarding the avatars photos and general silliness on the last page or so here....:laugh:

You are all awesome fellow Pat fans. :agree:

Also, viv great job as always with your page! :2thumbs:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am curious to know if anyone saw the detailed protocols for Patrick's Onyx performances... I could live without the SP one... I am particularly interested in the FP... there was some zayak which lowered the score so... yeah... i am curious

mrrice

Record Breaker
It is 8:28 on the West Coast of California and I just witnessed one the greatest free programs I have seen...........It belongs to Patrick Chan....I'm still speechless so I will add more to this post after I watch it a couple more times. He's just a brilliant performer and I truly apologize to Plushy but, Patrick is the best all around skater I have ever seen. It wasn't even perfectly clean but, due to his spectacular performance qualities, there was never a break in my focus of this amazing program. I just have a feeling about Patrick going into this season and if he can stay healthy......I don't want to jinx it. He's a genius :bow::bow::bow:

This is the continuation of my comment in the forum.....Now for the rest. What I admire most about Patrick is that he listens to his music and he does more than skate "To It." It's almost like the music is flowing through his body. I know that sounds weird but, that's really how I felt. My Ballet Teacher used to tell us that we needed to perform for every person in the audience and that's what Patrick does. The clip I saw was taken by an audience member who was sitting in the 4th or 5th row of the audience and was shot through protective Plexiglass....Not exactly ideal for watching a genius perform but I still felt his performance. IMO, even if Hanyu out jumps Patrick, He will not be able to beat him in components if Patrick skates well.

There have always been seasons where I see a program and think...."That program has potential but, I have to watch it again" I was blown away by this program from the minute it began and I came straight to GS to comment because I have never been so excited for Patrick. I will be watching him like a Hawk this year and my excitement level just went up to a 10.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
It is 8:28 on the West Coast of California and I just witnessed one the greatest free programs I have seen...........It belongs to Patrick Chan....I'm still speechless so I will add more to this post after I watch it a couple more times. He's just a brilliant performer and I truly apologize to Plushy but, Patrick is the best all around skater I have ever seen. It wasn't even perfectly clean but, due to his spectacular performance qualities, there was never a break in my focus of this amazing program. I just have a feeling about Patrick going into this season and if he can stay healthy......I don't want to jinx it. He's a genius :bow::bow::bow:

This is the continuation of my comment in the forum.....Now for the rest. What I admire most about Patrick is that he listens to his music and he does more than skate "To It." It's almost like the music is flowing through his body. I know that sounds weird but, that's really how I felt. My Ballet Teacher used to tell us that we needed to perform for every person in audience and that's what Patrick does. The clip I saw was taken by an audience member who was sitting in the 4th or 5th row of the audience and was shot through protective Plexiglass....Not exactly ideal for watching a genius perform but I still felt his performance. IMO, even if Hanyu out jumps Patrick, He will not be able to beat him in components if Patrick skates well.

There have always been seasons where I see a program and think...."That program has potential but, I have to watch it again" I was blown away by this program from the minute it began and I came straight to GS to comment because I have never been so excited for Patrick. I will be watching him like a Hawk this year and my excitement level just went up to a 10.
Thank you for your insight and welcome to the Pat FF mrrice! :biggrin:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
I am curious to know if anyone saw the detailed protocols for Patrick's Onyx performances... I could live without the SP one... I am particularly interested in the FP... there was some zayak which lowered the score so... yeah... i am curious

Not that I know of. I tried looking online, too. But the photos of the scores were cut off.

I'm a West Coaster as well - nice to see you in here! This will be a very exciting season for Patrick and I look forward to reading more of your comments on his skating. :agree:

happylife

On the Ice
mrrice

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us :love: :). Please visit and post on this FF more often. I(WE) love having you here :laugh:,