Patrick Chan | Page 522 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
:agree2: :love: You should tweet some version of that to Patrick. Who knows, he may see it and find it helpful.

That is exactly what I am aiming to do - just trying to shorten it into 140 characters isn't easy...

Yes. In fact right after I posted, I was thinking exactly about Gratitude as a major ingredient in a happy and fulfilled life. However, I think Patrick has always been grateful and giving back at any opportunity he has.

I feel Patrick was burdened by expectation of his supporters to whom he was very grateful and didn't want to let down. This sense of obligation caused him his worst disappointments. Desiring but not insisting, setting goals with no resistance from within, being OK with himself no matter what, that's the mindset he needs and he has integrated it well. :2thumbs:

We all only need to do our human best and accept all gifts and blessings form the Universe with Grace and Gratitude. And yes, relax, have fun and Joy always. G & G & J. :) Go Patrick! Be yourself. Be happy.

Yes, go Patrick! Don't skate out of a sense of obligation to other people - skate for the sheer fun and joy of it! Skate for the flow of it when you become one with the music! Skate for the sound of your blades carving the ice! Go for it!

We have so much fun in this thread. We laugh and we cheer and we cry together on occasion (sad tears, happy tears). But there are times also when, with the backdrop and example of Patrick's journey, this thread teaches me about life itself and how to live well. So, a big :ghug: and :thank: to everyone who makes this thread the uplifting and educational place that it is!!! I've said before that it's my favorite place to hang out on GS (477 posts and counting). :) I learn so much while being a fan of Patrick. I've always loved how open he is in interviews, although it has gotten him into trouble sometimes and made him less liked by some skating fans. By sharing his mind and heart with us, Patrick gives us the opportunity to learn from him as we go through our own journeys in life. Some people wonder why I'm so deeply into figure skating (particularly online forums), but this is why. :yes:

Awwww.... Hugs back! We really care about Patrick - and it shows! :agree:

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
See what I mean? We can go from serious to fun and back again all in one page! :laugh: How about Grand? Grand in a quiet, sophisticated, humble way, but grand nonetheless. Grand in the sense of being magnificent. His skating is certainly grand, if you take the time and effort to appreciate the nuances. He is also grand because he has a heart gold. In 2015, Meryl Davis wished him a happy birthday and then said, "The only thing better than your skating is your heart of gold! We love you."

Patrick is by no means the only skater I learn from and admire, but he is definitely on my list. This is also why I prefer to hang out in the Fan Fests, where people are generally positive. I like having one place to bring all interviews and articles, where they can be discussed in a positive way instead of a judgmental way. So many of the threads in The Edge turn judgmental and negative even if they didn't start out that way. It's a better use of my time and energy to remain positive.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
More pics of Patrick on the water at Port Carling:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYtQQbVAo-O/

Seriously, I can't wait to see this. Since Scianitti is correctly talking about the beginning of a new journey for Patrick, does that mean we won't see this until next year?
It's confusing wording. The way I read it is that they will show it during this year's SCI broadcast, because of the TSN and Skate Canada handles. Of course, they could show it next year, but if so, then why not wait to film it next summer? I can see the narrative being, "This is my last season of competitive skating, but I have other interests to pursue afterward; skating isn't my whole life." Although, they kind of already did that with the extreme sports/skydiving piece that aired when he came back. Sometimes social media handles make things more confusing than they need to be. :laugh: Whenever it airs, I am looking forward to seeing it! :yes: It looks lovely!

ETA: Or the piece could be about how activities like this take his mind off the stress of competition. Being out in nature could remind him that he's like "dust in the wind." ;)

calica

Final Flight
Hello girls!! (and gentelmen).

I know I've been missing for a few months but I needed to rest from skating for focusing on other things.

Come back September and you have me back in the forum to comment about Pat's skating (and his voluptuous things, too)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

I know I've been missing for a few months but I needed to rest from skating for focusing on other things.

Come back September and you have me back in the forum to comment about Pat's skating (and his voluptuous things, too)

:party2: welcome back ;)

happylife

On the Ice

Nice hearing from you again. Welcome back! :clapper:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

:yay: Welcome back! :biggrin:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Whenever it airs, I am looking forward to seeing it! :yes: It looks lovely!

ETA: Or the piece could be about how activities like this take his mind off the stress of competition. Being out in nature could remind him that he's like "dust in the wind." ;)

Yes, he's looks like he belongs there, doesn't he? I hope we see this video sooner rather than later. :)

Welcome back. Hope you had a nice summer!

I wonder what brought Patrick to the Cricket Club? Look at him standing there smiling with Yuzu!