Patrick Chan | Page 597 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
6 years ago : I saw Patrick skate at Nationals for the first and only time in competitive setting... It was the best skating I had and have ever seen. Nobody skates like Patrick... Nobody is even close to his legendary skating skills.

Those who are thinking about going to SOI : go. I preferred much more the competition skating as it is more intricate, faster, etc than shows but still, it's worth seeing Patrick live. A lot of his attributes do not translate as well on screen....

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
6 years ago : I saw Patrick skate at Nationals for the first and only time in competitive setting... It was the best skating I had and have ever seen. Nobody skates like Patrick... Nobody is even close to his legendary skating skills.

Those who are thinking about going to SOI : go. I preferred much more the competition skating as it is more intricate, faster, etc than shows but still, it's worth seeing Patrick live. A lot of his attributes do not translate as well on screen....

You are so lucky to have seen this event live.

The only time I saw Patrick skate in person was at Skate Canada in 2017 - not a great event for him. But I was right next to the rink, and it was a joy even just to watch him stroking the ice in the warm-up before the skates.

I agree completely that no-one skates like him and no-one has his skating skills.

I hope I get the chance to see him skate again, but I'm glad I had the opportunity that one time.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
You are so lucky to have seen this event live.

The only time I saw Patrick skate in person was at Skate Canada in 2017 - not a great event for him. But I was right next to the rink, and it was a joy even just to watch him stroking the ice in the warm-up before the skates.

I agree completely that no-one skates like him and no-one has his skating skills.

I hope I get the chance to see him skate again, but I'm glad I had the opportunity that one time.
Best money spent on a skating event for sure for me...

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Here's a new commercial with Patrick Chan, with some skating practice:
Edit: this was a wrong link, sorry!

This may be the whole video (I don't have Instagram):

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
On this day, 5 years ago, Patrick became Olympic Champion !
It was such an emotional journey for many of his fans... as Patrick had a rough season (bad perf at Skate Canada, w/d for his other assignment, went MIA... so much that we played Where's Chiddy (like we play Where's Waldo).

Thanks to Ravi for rescuing him. Thanks for Scott, Eric and everyone on the team who helped Patrick refocus and push until the end. It was such the perfect crowning for an illustrious career ! Bravo Patrick !

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
On this day, 5 years ago, Patrick became Olympic Champion !
It was such an emotional journey for many of his fans... as Patrick had a rough season (bad perf at Skate Canada, w/d for his other assignment, went MIA... so much that we played Where's Chiddy (like we play Where's Waldo).

Thanks to Ravi for rescuing him. Thanks for Scott, Eric and everyone on the team who helped Patrick refocus and push until the end. It was such the perfect crowning for an illustrious career ! Bravo Patrick !

I remember it well - a very moving event - I was in tears watching him realising he'd got a medal, and then later, receiving it. Fantastic memory!

Marirue

On the Ice
Can you elaborate on Patrick's work as a Choreographer? I haven't heard anything about him in that role. Is he working with young skaters in BC?
I'm referring Patrick's work on Minkyu Seo during the JGP this season. There are other viewers noticed it especially with the choreo sequence and there's one even joked the young skater as Patrick Seo because of it.