Rika Kihira | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

sakurano

Final Flight
there is also a part where we see it small in primary school it's too cute pity that it is by small end

leoleo

Medalist
You guys should have seen Rika during the gala finale. She was so lost, she had no idea where to look and what to do. She was looking at the oldest skaters to see what they were doing xD

leoleo

Medalist
Rika Kihira about the GPF : "I have to steady my jumps for my own sake", answered Rika with determination. They asked her about competing against Alina : "I only aim for skating both programs clean (SP and FS)". cr: https://twitter.com/juronom

Kara

Final Flight
I finally really got around to watching her NHK FS today. I was too traumatized by Eunsoo to watch it live or replay anything from the comp.:drama: Wow wow wow WOW! Beautiful Storm is seriously such a masterpiece and skated clean, it's just breathtaking. I seriously couldn't look away. The choreography sequence is just wow. She is the complete package and slaying with an amazing program with great music. With her spins, correct edges on the Lz and F, and quality on her other triples, she doesn't even need the 3A to be at the top and I'm glad that she has such a good head on her shoulders, thinking things through and making plans like she did at France. The LP being such a masterpiece makes me want to shake DW for that SP even more.

leoleo

Medalist
The LP being such a masterpiece makes me want to shake DW for that SP even more.

Thanks for all your kind words for our dear Rika, she really made an impressive senior GP debut. i hope the rest of her season is even better.

About DW, i agree. i honestly hate everything he choreographs for the japanese ladies and i hope they just stop going to him. Kiira Korpi released a book recently and she had no nice words for him. According to her, DW did not take notice many things the skaters want to say. It is like he only adjusted all details the way he wanted. She also said DW was always late, sometimes even many hours. Kiira mentioned something like DW acted as the boss during choreographing as if he was an artistic genius. Kiira eventually changed to Shae and Shae had totally different and good attitude to work also taking notice of skaters input and feelings. " cr https://twitter.com/chiburahakkai

I love Tom Dickson for Rika the most. But if she wants to try other choreographers, i hope she works with Jeffrey Buttle again or maybe evene Shae-Lynn, that would be exciting and new.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Congratulations Rika on everything you won ! I could not update her first page because of my busy schedule but next week I will work hard to update everything, scores and videos as well :luv17:

leoleo

Medalist
Congratulations Rika on everything you won ! I could not update her first page because of my busy schedule but next week I will work hard to update everything, scores and videos as well :luv17:

Oh thank you! i'll wait to see how you update it!

melgirl25

Medalist
Thanks for all your kind words for our dear Rika, she really made an impressive senior GP debut. i hope the rest of her season is even better.

About DW, i agree. i honestly hate everything he choreographs for the japanese ladies and i hope they just stop going to him. Kiira Korpi released a book recently and she had no nice words for him. According to her, DW did not take notice many things the skaters want to say. It is like he only adjusted all details the way he wanted. She also said DW was always late, sometimes even many hours. Kiira mentioned something like DW acted as the boss during choreographing as if he was an artistic genius. Kiira eventually changed to Shae and Shae had totally different and good attitude to work also taking notice of skaters input and feelings. " cr https://twitter.com/chiburahakkai

I love Tom Dickson for Rika the most. But if she wants to try other choreographers, i hope she works with Jeffrey Buttle again or maybe evene Shae-Lynn, that would be exciting and new.

What don't you like about the short program? Just curious.

I also am not a fan of Wilson. Who is Cathy Reed? Did she help Tom Dickson with the long? Her name is also listed on Rika's ISU bio.

Some of the Japanese ladies use Benoit Richaud.

leoleo

Medalist
What don't you like about the short program? Just curious.

I also am not a fan of Wilson. Who is Cathy Reed? Did she help Tom Dickson with the long? Her name is also listed on Rika's ISU bio.

Some of the Japanese ladies use Benoit Richaud.

According to google she's an ice dancer, i don't know, maybe she works with team Hamada :think: About her SP, i personally find that it is pretty juniorish and there's a huge gap in quality between that and the free skate. That's just my opinion, it's fine if others disagree. She does a good job at trying to sell it but i don't think it's her style.

Kara

Final Flight
It's just utterly forgettable outside of the spiral out of the lutz. DW isn't a bad choreographer by any means and he still has it judging from how much I love Junhwan's SP, but it almost feels like he has a set image of what Japanese ladies are like and keeps giving them light, "fairy-like" programs which aren't bad per-say, but to have that next to something like Beautiful Storm is a disappointment. Mai's SP is another example of this.:palmf: I wasn't impressed by Jeff's La Strada so I hope she keeps Tom for LP and try out others including Jeff for the SP.

leoleo

Medalist
It's just utterly forgettable outside of the spiral out of the lutz. DW isn't a bad choreographer by any means and he still has it judging from how much I love Junhwan's SP, but it almost feels like he has a set image of what Japanese ladies are like and keeps giving them light, "fairy-like" programs which aren't bad per-say, but to have that next to something like Beautiful Storm is a disappointment. Mai's SP is another example of this.:palmf: I wasn't impressed by Jeff's La Strada so I hope she keeps Tom for LP and try out others including Jeff for the SP.

You said it better than i could with my limited english. I dislike mai's SP as well and i agree that DW does not seem to be doing the japanese ladies any favors and it is such a shame because both Mai & Rika are so talented.

You guys might be interested in seeing this. Slow motion super HD videos of Rika's 3A during practice at IDF. You can see very clearly how higher her 3A has gotten since last season, how much ice she covers and how it is not pre-rotated at 180 at all like some people were saying :rofl:
https://twitter.com/Phantom_Kabocha/status/1067904711863472128

ioanna

Record Breaker
Cathy Reed is Chris Reed's sister and they were Japan's top ice dance team for years. They competed at the 2010 and 2014 Olympics and she retired in 2015. Her brother continued to skate with Kana Muramoto. Now Cathy is part of Hamada's coaching team and she choreographs for the juniors.

leoleo

Medalist
Cathy Reed is Chris Reed's sister and they were Japan's top ice dance team for years. They competed at the 2010 and 2014 Olympics and she retired in 2015. Her brother continued to skate with Kana Muramoto. Now Cathy is part of Hamada's coaching team and she choreographs for the juniors.

That's her next to baby Rika at the end of this video right? https://twitter.com/wolfieonice/status/1068148472795332608

I don't know if you guys watch Theskatinglesson, i usually don't because of questionable stuff they've said in the past but i thought you'd like to know they've been praising Rika's skating a lot. They talk about how beautiful her free skate is, her skating quality on top of her jumps, her growth as a competitor https://youtu.be/nyz7C71xAq4?t=2221

melgirl25

Medalist
That's her next to baby Rika at the end of this video right? https://twitter.com/wolfieonice/status/1068148472795332608

I don't know if you guys watch Theskatinglesson, i usually don't because of questionable stuff they've said in the past but i thought you'd like to know they've been praising Rika's skating a lot. They talk about how beautiful her free skate is, her skating quality on top of her jumps, her growth as a competitor https://youtu.be/nyz7C71xAq4?t=2221

I was cracking up when they were saying how Rika's job is to do those 3a/3Toe in front of Alina at practice in Vancouver...sort of like planting seeds

leoleo

Medalist
I was cracking up when they were saying how Rika's job is to do those 3a/3Toe in front of Alina at practice in Vancouver...sort of like planting seeds

I believe it's a mental game skaters usually play during practice too (like how Alina kept doing those 3lz-3lo-3lo-3lo-3lo next to Medvedeva & Osmond at the Olympics :laugh: if i were a skater that would definitely make me freak out) but i guess Alina might be used to seeing her training mates doing quads at Sambo already!

lzxnl

Final Flight
I believe it's a mental game skaters usually play during practice too (like how Alina kept doing those 3lz-3lo-3lo-3lo-3lo next to Medvedeva & Osmond at the Olympics :laugh: if i were a skater that would definitely make me freak out) but i guess Alina might be used to seeing her training mates doing quads at Sambo already!

Ah but she's not normally competing against the quad girls. She actually has to compete against a 3A this time. Let's hope it does throw her off (unlikely).

leoleo

Medalist
Ah but she's not normally competing against the quad girls. She actually has to compete against a 3A this time. Let's hope it does throw her off (unlikely).

that's not very nice :noshake: i'd like to see a fair, intense competition where everybody does its best. At least, those are the most exciting competitions for me.

rikaquegira

On the Ice

Uh... No, thank you?
In this fandom we only wish good things to other skaters, alright?

Rika’s always throwing 3As left and right in practice. [emoji23] I’m sure that will be impressive for everyone and I hope it pushes everyone to do their best because that’s what makes a good competition, when everyone brings their A game. [emoji120]

Globetrotter

Medalist

It happened before. Alina was rock solid as a junior until the free skate for JGP Ljubljana in 2016. Rika was throwing the 3A in front of her at warm up. Then she went out there and cracked the first ever totally clean 8 triple free skate- no edge calls, no <, a monstrous score. Alina who had to skate after was rattled and messed up her backloaded jumps. If anything, it is Rika and her quadster team mates who are most likely to faze her.