Rika Kihira | Page 59 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I don't have high hopes for WTT but anyway, I wish Rika the best of luck!
I know she's tired from the shows and you know, it's the end of the season, she's probably more than exhausted after competing the entire GP, Worlds, Nationals, Challengers... oof!
Wishing she can have a lot of fun competing at home with her teammates! :luv17:

Minoru

Rinkside
She is still straggling with shoes taping and blade position. she needs exact sweet spot, super sensitive like a F1 machine. That's probably why Red Bull is sponsoring her. Adrian Newey will design new aero dynamic shoes for Rika and She will test the axcel and break feeling of also straggling Red Bull RB15...!?

Sorry, I hope her best performance in the last competition for this season!

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Goddess Rika of figure skating, I have tears in my eyes, thank you so much my beautiful girl for this program, the final one of the season, don´t matter what happened in world championships, this was out of this world, new world record again!, queen!!! you will always have my support, this is our beautiful lady growing and fighting, so proud of you Rika, thank you again :'( :') :'D <3

randomfan

Record Breaker
As soon as she landed the 3A so confidently, I knew she was on her way to a world record. That being said, I still slightly preferred the GPF skate to this one because she seemed a bit more expressive there (also she could've held her final pose a little longer here but she was excited so I'll give it a pass :biggrin:). Nonetheless, a well-deserved world record and a really nice farewell to this beautiful program! Congrats to Rika, and I hope she skates well in the free! :yahoo:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Rika did it!!!
I'm so happy! It was so beautiful! :love:
the 3A was great, maybe the best she's done this season??
The other jumps looked good too. Very well done! :handw:

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Hihi all, I was busy with a new job yesterday so I couldn't watch WTT but GO RIKA, MY DARLING!! I'm so proud she was able to finish her SP on a high note... now get rid of the snoozefest and get something exciting next season, girl!

gotoschool

Medalist
Congratulations to Rika for such a fabulous SP performance with smooth fluidity in and out of her jumps combined with marvelous grace in expression, excellent speed and flexibility and a triple axel that appeared almost effortless with fine height and distance. The speed and flexibility in her spins like her I spin and Biellmann were exceptional as well. I think Rika's SP is a wonderful compliment to the contrasting mood in her long program which provides variety. I also noticed that Rika's more liberal use of tape to secure her boots around her ankles really paid off, since I couldn't see any in her Worlds SP. I hope Rika skates just as great in the LP.

I find it a fascinating case of synchronicity that Mao, who Rika has called such a huge inspiration, also performed a marvelous SP to Clair de Lune including a triple axel almost 10 years ago at the World Team Trophy also in Japan. I feel fortunate to have seen two of my favorite SP's skated to the same music with different styles.

Here is a fantastic 1080 copy of Rika's performance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_DEETwc91c