Senior Pairs LP | Golden Skate

Senior Pairs LP

kate

On the Ice
The beginning groups are well under way.

Lepzinski/Burgess just skated lights out. Problems on the SBS jumps, but good unison on the spins, good connection, great lifts and throws. He used to skate with Keauna McLaughlin several years ago.

Into the lead by almost 11 points.

MissCleo

On the Ice
Current standings
1. Evora/Ladwig 159.95
2. Castile/Okolski 157.01
3. Katz/Lynch 158.15
4. Vise/Trent 148.91
5. Lepzinski/Burgess 141.21

Castile fell on her SBS 3sal, struggled with the other throws(third in the long)
Vise/Trent did a 2twist and fell on the throw quad sal (only saw the replay) (4th in the long)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
They chacked Amanda and Mark last year too... considering I was rooming with kwanfan1212 I got to hear about it...

Evora/Ladwiq skated beautifully and clean all the way. It was their best ever, and in my opinion should have been on the podium.

I believe too, that there is justification in arguing about 1st place. It won't matter because both go to LA.

^ Still, I think it does matter to the skaters. They want to be U.S. Champion, no matter where they go or don't go afterward.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Skaters from FL clearly are not in favor with the skating gods. Both C&B and E&L are from here.

As to E&L this year, I wonder whether the reason E&L were not shown was that they skated perfectly, but had so messed up their SP that they were too far behind to win. Perhaps the commentators had no interest in explaining that one.

gold12345

Medalist
As to E&L this year, I wonder whether the reason E&L were not shown was that they skated perfectly, but had so messed up their SP that they were too far behind to win. Perhaps the commentators had no interest in explaining that one.

Did the live broadcast start too late to show them?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Did the live broadcast start too late to show them?

I think that's more likely the case, that and they didn't skate well in the SP... why show a team that can't seem to lay down two exceptional programs (and whom the judges obviously have no desire to even try to hold up). Shoot, it's our weakest field. Why show more than you absolutely have to?

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Amanda & Mark didn't skate horribly in the SP (he fell on the SBS 3S although it was credited a triple and had a small bobble in their sbs spins but there were no other major errors) but the idiots at NBC probably figured they were too far out points wise to move up much so they decided to start the live broadcast with the teams right after them instead. It's a huge shame too because that was BY FAR the best they have ever skated and the crowd just roared when they were done. I couldn't tell through my own tears ;) but apparently Amanda was crying with happiness through the last like 45 seconds of their program along with in the K&C. They SOOOO deserved to be shown this week and NBC did the fans a disservice by chacking them. :cry:

BTW-I'm not just saying all this because I run their website, LOL ;) I think I'm speaking for the fans sitting around me in the arena who were going bonkers for them too. :)

DaveT

On the Ice
Amanda & Mark didn't skate horribly in the SP (he fell on the SBS 3S although it was credited a triple and had a small bobble in their sbs spins but there were no other major errors) but the idiots at NBC probably figured they were too far out points wise to move up much so they decided to start the live broadcast with the teams right after them instead. It's a huge shame too because that was BY FAR the best they have ever skated and the crowd just roared when they were done. I couldn't tell through my own tears ;) but apparently Amanda was crying with happiness through the last like 45 seconds of their program along with in the K&C. They SOOOO deserved to be shown this week and NBC did the fans a disservice by chacking them. :cry:

BTW-I'm not just saying all this because I run their website, LOL ;) I think I'm speaking for the fans sitting around me in the arena who were going bonkers for them too. :)

The broadcasts must have been different in different areas then, the pairs LP broadcast began with Evora & Ladwig on my TV.

The broadcasts must have been different in different areas then, the pairs LP broadcast began with Evora & Ladwig on my TV.
You're lucky. I think it was live on the East Coast, so they just picked up the competition from where is was when the broadcast started.

When they saw how great Evora and Ladwig skated, they probably made a decision to show their perfromance on the tape delay.

Their SP was ok but the Nutcracker Pas de Deux was fabulous and should be included with one of the BEST skates ever. Can it be shown on Youtube now?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I was on tape delay and didn't get Amanda and Mark....

wait... no... it *was* live on the west coast too, if I'm not mistaken....

either way no Evora & Ladwig for Alaska.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
You're lucky. I think it was live on the East Coast, so they just picked up the competition from where is was when the broadcast started.

When they saw how great Evora and Ladwig skated, they probably made a decision to show their perfromance on the tape delay.

They should have made that decision a LOT faster because the fans were totally robbed of seeing their beautiful program. It is up on Ice Network now so if anyone wants to see them, you can at least see it there. :agree:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
They should have made that decision a LOT faster because the fans were totally robbed of seeing their beautiful program. It is up on Ice Network now so if anyone wants to see them, you can at least see it there. :agree:

WOW- Why is this team not going to Worlds? Gorgeous program, the throw triple jumps, the lifts everything about it was sensational. I have not seen anyone skate such a beautiful program since S/Z, now I have. Did they win the FS?