Tickets | Golden Skate

Tickets

npavel

On the Ice
still nothing about when the tickets will be released? I have to plan my trip in time, I cant buy ticket for the plane before I have the tickets for the event

mayfran

Rinkside
2014 Saitama World, pre sale was late Nov, general sale was mid Dec.

I researched a little bit, and it is totally different system and probably you can chose the level of ticket, but you won't be able to chose the seat number.
Japanese ticket site usually require to have a Japanese phone number to register and sometimes credit card issued in Japan.
All non Japan resident visitor have to buy ticket from special web site (same as GPF Nagoya)
That is all I can say now. Will see...

Let me know someone who's been to 2014 if I'm saying something wrong.

draka

Rinkside
2014 Saitama World, pre sale was late Nov, general sale was mid Dec.

Were those sales for the separate day by day tickets or the all-event passes? Because you'd think (based on sales from the years since) that the all-event tickets would come out waaay in advance and not less than six months before the event :scratch2:

I think you're correct on the other things, tho I couldn't find any info on when sales the sales started... So anyone that went in 2014 and has any recollections, please share!

mayfran

Rinkside
Looks like ISU Japan announced the detail of ticket sales on early October back in 2014.
Had to be a member of some Japanese ticket sale site or club member of sponsor TV site to be eligible for purchasing pre sale tickets.

6 level of tickets were available but premium seats were sold only at pre sale.
All event tickets had only 4 levels, premium/A/B/C, no all event tickets for lower price level (D/E)
All event tickets were included pre event practice sessions at main rink.
All Event tickets did not include Gala, you had to purchase separately.

There were no single event tickets, which mean, tickets were sold by the day, not by the event,
like Day1, Day2, Day3, Day4, Gala.

I don't know how they plan to sell this time, but they don't start sell tickets 10 month before like US or Canadian events.
I hope at least we can hear some information near future.

Near by hotels are fully booked already, but venue is co-located with train station.
20-30min ride to downtown Tokyo, you will find variety of accommodations.

MDIslander

Rinkside
I've emailed ISU a bunch of times asking them to please post ticket information. Now that the GP Assignments are out hopefully they'll start giving ticket info for major upcoming 2018/2019 Events e.g. Worlds.

I'm going to buy my plane tickets as soon as I find a good deal... will worry about accommodations after I get some WC tix.

npavel

On the Ice
I hope to get the info in time. I've already booked the flight and the hotels. If I want to sit in front of the judges, do I need to know the sector? I want the places near the ring, all event. Does it mean premium tickets?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
sit in front of the judges
Good luck with that. No amount of money is ever going to get you a seat in front of the judges.
And chances are no amount of money is going to get you seats directly behind the judges, either; at Worlds, those are often reserved for VIPs, IIRC.

livetoskate

On the Ice
Someone on twitter posted a link to a new website for Worlds, but there's nothing there other than some info we already know-- the dates and that it's in Saitama. Hopefully they will add more info soon. At least they should let us know when tickets will go on sale. I'm really hoping to go, but don't want to book a hotel and buy a plane ticket without being sure that I will have tickets.

http://wfc2019.jp/

MDIslander

Rinkside
Someone on twitter posted a link to a new website for Worlds, but there's nothing there other than some info we already know-- the dates and that it's in Saitama. Hopefully they will add more info soon. At least they should let us know when tickets will go on sale. I'm really hoping to go, but don't want to book a hotel and buy a plane ticket without being sure that I will have tickets.

http://wfc2019.jp/

Japan Skating Federation has advised that http://wfc2019.jp/ will have tickets for sale in November 2018. They also recommend checking said website come September for more news.

MDIslander

Rinkside
If the NHK Trophy website is anything to go by - Japan will have a lottery offered 1st to those with Japan phone numbers. Tourists are not permitted to have Japanese phone contracts.

After the Japan lottery the All Events tickets will be offered and apparently the Sunday afternoon Exhibition Gala tickets are sold separately.

npavel

On the Ice
the homepage is different for japanese and the english page. Japanese citisens are allowed to take part in a lotteri to get tickets. They don't know when the sales will be open for the others

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Can anyone who has been to Saitama 2014 or any other Japanese competition say if it is possible to get a seat in front rows for a foreigner, or these seats are for Japanese only? I am prepared to pay every amount of money, I just want to sit in the middle front rows on the long side of the rink

npavel

On the Ice
Can anyone who has been to Saitama 2014 or any other Japanese competition say if it is possible to get a seat in front rows for a foreigner, or these seats are for Japanese only? I am prepared to pay every amount of money, I just want to sit in the middle front rows on the long side of the rink

me too

npavel

On the Ice
My friend got 4 more tickets for the 20th and 22nd if someone is interested. I have gotten mine, only for these two days

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Information about purchasing tickets (E-tickets) from overseas has just been released here: http://emtg.jp/feature/skateworld18_inbound/

So basically we can't resell the ticket if we can no longer attend?

Only the winner of the ticket personally may attend the event. No other person may substitute as an attendee, even if the person who has ticket is unable to attend due to unavoidable circumstances nor can ticket charges be refunded in such case.

ETA: nvm. I think I found my answer :think: