Your own personal season 2022-23 awards and nominations | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Your own personal season 2022-23 awards and nominations

Weathergal

Medalist
Orihara/Pirinen (and Turkkila/Versluis) train with Maurizio Margaglio in Helsinki. I think Zanni just helped with the choreo, judging from Wiki/ISU bios.

Interestingly Zanni used to work with Barbara Fusar-Poli. It's nice to see Italians becoming influential again in ice dance!
Oh goodness I have that all mixed up LOL I keep forgetting about Margaglio! It is nice to see Italians becoming more influential in ice dance and just seeing figure skating getting stronger in Europe in general.

Now you have me trying to remember what other teams Barbara has. If Guignard / Fabbri retire, I need my dose of Barbara in the KnC, for the fashion and the drama ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh goodness I have that all mixed up LOL I keep forgetting about Margaglio! It is nice to see Italians becoming more influential in ice dance and just seeing figure skating getting stronger in Europe in general.

Now you have me trying to remember what other teams Barbara has. If Guignard / Fabbri retire, I need my dose of Barbara in the KnC, for the fashion and the drama ;)
it seems to me they wouldn't retire since games in milano are only 3 years away...and they are on the rise

Weathergal

Medalist
it seems to me they wouldn't retire since games in milano are only 3 years away...and they are on the rise

And their home rink is Milan.....
That's what I thought, too, although in a recent interview Marco made it seem like they could retire sooner.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

DoubleBass

Rinkside
Best tournament: Russian Challenge

Best coverage: 1st Channel

Best coach: Eteri Tutberitze

Best skater: Kamila Valieva. Just edges out Akatieva and Petrosian based on incredible consistency across the entire season.

Best performance: Kamila Valieva free skate at Russian National -- 170 pts!

Best demonstration: Kamila Valieva's Wednesday. 11 million views on Youtube from one video alone. No other skater has ever brought more positive attention to the sport.

Best jump: Kamila Valieva 4T

Best comeback: Kamila Valieva. By the end of the season she not only recovered her 4T but it has become the most stable jump in the world. 3A also recovered in training, now aiming to recover her 4S for next season. With all the pressure she was under it would be easy to walk away or make excuses, but she didn't stop fighting. What a champion!
The 3A has now been fully recovered and performed in a program successfully during the TeamTut show today. Considering that Kami is at the peak of puberty, has grown significantly and gained weight, it's absolutely amazing.

Also that video has now reached 15 mln views and steadily climbing, averaging 500k views per day.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
well.. they are still listening to 80s music :)
I can't blame them, that's all you can get on many stations these days. The 80s are in, at least over here.

Three additional non-comp awards for impressive levels of financial/promotional success

one for going from no funds to a berth in Just About Every Show Going... Kazuki Tomono (he just needed the chance to show how much fun he could be in them, I suspect, I hope he gets more exposure and offers)

all the cities for the Japanese ice shows for setting up local goods and foods festivals outside. I would love to see that at the shows I go to, even if my wallet wouldn't

and a special award to the genius who thought of sending Yuzu's boots to China. I'm still boggling.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Best Zamboni driver Yelim Kim & CellarDweller
Best comeback from injury Solene MAZINGUE

Thank you! Thank you everyone!

200w.gif

JimR

On the Ice
The 3A has now been fully recovered and performed in a program successfully during the TeamTut show today. Considering that Kami is at the peak of puberty, has grown significantly and gained weight, it's absolutely amazing.

Also that video has now reached 15 mln views and steadily climbing, averaging 500k views per day.
It is incredible.

Not once has she complained, not once has she made excuses, never wanted sympathy, she has always put on a cheerful, positive, optimistic face (although cracks have shown like at the GP final but she kept it hidden as best she could), she has fought and restored the 3A in a program in dark conditions. Given how hard she fought to restore the 3A (at one point I thought to myself she should abandon it how wrong am I to doubt her) it is the jump of the season. It overtakes the 4T (which is the greatest jump of all time she hasn't fallen on that since November now). Just for the determination it took to restore that jump, it is the most special jump of the season. This is the determination that made her so dominant in the 2021-22 season.

That Wednesday video, that will grow and grow and grow for years to come.

Those guys that shoot those amateur videos do such a good job I can't believe the clarity on them. It complements the official videos so well. If the ISU had any idea about what they are doing they would get a couple of guys to sit in the audience with the same cameras and just shoot the skaters, upload them to the internet as fancams.

Figure skating was made for close up 4k video on Youtube. They won't get Kamila's number of views, but they'll do better for sure.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Best Zamboni driver Yelim Kim & CellarDweller

Thank you! Thank you everyone!

200w.gif

so? where is your award speach? and who are you wearing? the basics, CellarDweller! the basics!

I'm wearing a tasteful outfit designed by Vera Wang, of course.

*clears throat*

I'd like to thank the figure skating fans to have supported me through all these competitions. They understand how physically demanding it is to drive a zamboni, yet do it gracefully, all while wearing a T-Rex outfit.

Thanks to my coach and choreographer, for directing my natural born talent, and helping me to hone it.

To the skaters, who understood the importance of fresh ice, and were always grateful for my efforts.

To Yelim, my steadfast and courageous partner, none of this was possible without you!

And finally, someone who needs a special acknowledgement. You all know the importance of having a special someone by your side who will always support your efforts. I have a special someone, and it is his support and strong shoulder that I lean on during tough times, when the struggle to control the zamboni feels too much. He sees me through, he lifts me up, he is the wind beneath my wings.

Thank you, Maxime Deschamps! You will always be my special guy, no matter what @4everchan thinks!

*leaves stage*

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
And finally, someone who needs a special acknowledgement. You all know the importance of having a special someone by your side who will always support your efforts. I have a special someone, and it is his support and strong shoulder that I lean on during tough times, when the struggle to control the zamboni feels too much. He sees me through, he lifts me up, he is the wind beneath my wings.

Thank you, Maxime Deschamps! You will always be my special guy, no matter what @4everchan thinks!

*leaves stage*

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I'm wearing a tasteful outfit designed by Vera Wang, of course.

*clears throat*

I'd like to thank the figure skating fans to have supported me through all these competitions. They understand how physically demanding it is to drive a zamboni, yet do it gracefully, all while wearing a T-Rex outfit.

Thanks to my coach and choreographer, for directing my natural born talent, and helping me to hone it.

To the skaters, who understood the importance of fresh ice, and were always grateful for my efforts.

To Yelim, my steadfast and courageous partner, none of this was possible without you!

*leaves stage*
pussinboots-oh.gif

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
The saddest retirement: Dai & Kana :cry:

I know there will be tough competition in this category. But these two were the special two who brought me back to watching Ice Dance after very long time, so... I think that I have the winner :cry:

Sackie

Medalist
Most shocking moment: checking the SCI Women's SP results and seeing Maddie and Gabby sitting 1st and 2nd.
Most disappointing moment: checking the SCI Women's LP results and seeing how far they had dropped in the free and overall.

afr

Spectator
Country
Germany
Inventor's Award:

Veronica Yametova for inveting the Yametova (...slide) with special thanks to Inga Gurgenidze for the first Yametova by a non-Yametova :)

Historical Award:

Anna Shtscherbakova for (virtually) skating in my home town when I was a littly boy. (I'm really curious whether somebody finds out where i grew up...)

Positive Energy Award:

Nastja Marasanova for radiating incredible amounts of happyness after fighting her way from 18th up to 17th place.