2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Ladies Short Program | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Ladies Short Program

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I was at work meetings all morning and could no watch the other ladies but caught
Alina's skate. Well the growth spurt did not harm her elements at all her skate was fabulous. Looking at the
scores seems like it was a good competition. Looking forward to the videos.

Thanks for all the updates everyone!

moriel

Record Breaker
Alina got a little bit of post Olympic magic but she must not fall in this trap and continue to work. She is not fully ready yet, but boy when she will be ...
The season is long and the way hard with great skaters.

Overall she is fine. It looks like she improved offseason.
Also, she clearly grew up a bit, which means she likely had a lot of work to keep her jumps woking with the new body and so on.

Now we got to see the FS, I am somewhat worried about it. Good she has an 8 points lead

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Alina ZAGITOVA - RUS - Music: I bet everyone recognized it... Phantom of the Opera
3Lz-3Lo done when it mattered!
FCSp
StSq
Charlotte - back counter - 2A
LSp
3F rippon - not the easiest of the landing but done
Ina Bauer - CCoSp
Hated the music cuts but it was beautifully skated. She has such a talent that this program is just a waste, IMO. It could have been enough with one less music cut! Anyway, she skated lovely. Beautiful skating skills and interpretation! Well done.
TES: 43.53 PCS: 36.40 TSS: 79.93 new WR!

Maybe a stupid question, but why is Charlotte called Charlotte? As it is with the jumps, does it come from some Charlotte who first did it? From what discipline does this move come? Figure skating or was it borrowed from somewhere else? I am quite a technical ignorant, but the origins of Charlotte have simply awaken my curiosity :)

moriel

Record Breaker
I'm serious here :biggrin:

Can anyone skate to an instrumental version of My Heart Will Go On or Rose's Theme?
It's way better than another POTO

im overall fine with POTO this season, if anything she should replace Carmen with Celine, because way too much carmen and tangos.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe a stupid question, but why is Charlotte called Charlotte? As it is with the jumps, does it come from some Charlotte who first did it? From what discipline does this move come? Figure skating or was it borrowed from somewhere else? I am quite a technical ignorant, but the origins of Charlotte have simply awaken my curiosity :)

Yep, i think it was named after Charlotte Oelschlägel who first performed it.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
On the positive side, good for Loena, it's time she got more recognition from the judges :rock:

sunn1ly

On the Ice
Love Alina. Like her huge score as well :) I think she deserves this for all the transitions and that probably Eteri squeeze her up in every practice now that she is her main lady(in ladies). So happy to finally see her this season in competition. And her dress is pretty too:)

All the girls did great (well I guess Marin will make up for the falls during the free.).

moriel

Record Breaker
On the positive side, good for Loena, it's time she got more recognition from the judges :rock:

Yep.
If she changed coaches, she would be deffo a major competitior not just at CS events.

Kinda wish she would train with Eteri to get more polish and better programs.

Seruleane

Final Flight
At work, haven’t been able to watch any of the skates, but happy for all the great skates, and THRILLED for Alina especially after what sounds like a rough warmup. POTO program not bad but she’s capable of so much more. Hoping for a great free skate to Carmen.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Alina‘s score is very high indeed but so are almost all scores - especially compared to Autumn Classics. She did well and I‘m happy for her. She‘ll certainly improve over the season. This is only the beginning.

Congrats to Loena! Didn‘t have time to watch her (only managed to tune in for Mariah and Alina) but she‘s second with 75 - omg! I will need to rewatch everyone but first it‘s JGP time. :biggrin:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
What a surprising outcome!

First things first, Alina! I'm so happy she did well here. I so want her to have a great season, and not to be a 'one season' wonder. She's the Olympic Champion, and she skated like one. I'm probably in the minority, but I don't have a problem with her program. For me it is enjoyable and she interprets it well. Her dress is gorgeous and she looks happy - she's not the ballerina of last season, but something new! After all the negative energy that has been directed at her, she did so good and showed them all.

Second, woah Loena! What the? We knew that girl had potential, but when she came out in that pink dress, I thought 'What is going to happen? Is Loena turning into a boring princess?' NAH. Celine Dion is an aquired taste, I admit, but 'It's all coming back to me' it's one of her very powerful songs and that was Loena's skating. And finally 3-3!!! YES. And her joy in the KnC. Amazing moment.

Then the third highlight for me was another suprise. Mariah Bell. Man, I didn't expect anything at all and certainly not such a fast and engaging performance. What happened to her? She looks fitter than ever, fast and happy. Another Celine Dion song but it really highlighted her strengths. I loved that program and her energy. I would've put her in third, tbqh. But she's not far away from the podium so the real test comes tomorrow.

Mai, I was happy she skated clean. She looked happy - it was clean...happy...and, yeah....boring. Sorry, I have to say it like that and perhaps it seemed like that because in her group everyone skated to fast music, but this reminded me of Mai's debut season, where I also found her to be quite underwhelming/bland. It's probably unfair, because she is such a good skater but I wasn't into this at all. Technically you cannot fault it and that means her third place is deserved.

And then another disappointment in the form of Marin. When I saw her practice I was really positive. But this was messy. And I don't understand why. She was first to skate, it is a low level competition, she obviously can jump these difficult jumps, she obviously has the power, and then....nothing. I mean, this seemed slow and like she wasn't really into it. I don't want to be too harsh, everyone is cutting Evgenia big slack because she just changed coaches and with Marin it's the same. And Marin comes from an entirely different culture to America. It's not like this is easy and perhaps she needs adjustment time - but the problem is that her mistakes seem eerily similar to the ones she made with Hamada. So, idk if it's really the coaching. And this season Japan's girls will face a bloodbath at Nationals like never before. I love her program choices this season, but she has to improve fast if she wants to go to the bigger competitions. I'm a bit sad, but still looking forward to tomorrow. I hope that she can get motivated.

danse

On the Ice
Congrats to Loena! Didn‘t have time to watch her (only managed to tune in for Mariah and Alina) but she‘s second with 75 - omg! I will need to rewatch everyone but first it‘s JGP time. :biggrin:

She's second with 71.5, not 75, but still a great achievement!

leoleo

Medalist
And then another disappointment in the form of Marin. When I saw her practice I was really positive. But this was messy. And I don't understand why. She was first to skate, it is a low level competition, she obviously can jump these difficult jumps, she obviously has the power, and then....nothing. I mean, this seemed slow and like she wasn't really into it. I don't want to be too harsh, everyone is cutting Evgenia big slack because she just changed coaches and with Marin it's the same. And Marin comes from an entirely different culture to America. It's not like this is easy and perhaps she needs adjustment time - but the problem is that her mistakes seem eerily similar to the ones she made with Hamada. So, idk if it's really the coaching. And this season Japan's girls will face a bloodbath at Nationals like never before. I love her program choices this season, but she has to improve fast if she wants to go to the bigger competitions. I'm a bit sad, but still looking forward to tomorrow. I hope that she can get motivated.

i really hate it when fans compare skaters situations like this but honestly, for zhenya everybody knows she can do better than what she produced at ACI. Unfortunately for Marin (and i absolutely love her) seeing her fail like this isn't surprising. Completely different situations. She is able to deliver all the jumps in practice but something always seems to hold her back when it matters the most.

About Alina's scores, i am happy that her spins are getting the high goes they deserve, she has fantastic spins.

lusk8

Record Breaker
Alina kept her level 4, great!!!

She kept it for her step sequence. "The great level 3 of 2018" has been the plague of this CS season so far, she avoided it.

She can jump better than she did today but she jumped clean and got a great season start. That's all that I really wanted for her. But she went the extra and delivered a great performance, got her obvious nerves in check enough to do it all when and where it counted. Go Alina!!

She got great GOE on her 3Lz+3Lo, on her 2A and even better on her 3F (which was shaky on the landing).

I'm so happy for the last group skaters, only Marin didn't skate clean (sad for her), what a great group. Worth my watching it live in spades.