2019 Canadian Nationals Senior Men Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2019 Canadian Nationals Senior Men Short Program

kresslia

Medalist
Behind the Gogoman. :drama: This is quite entertaining to watch. Decent skate though, I always root for Nam.

Kings

Rinkside
Looks like Romans’ getting that 4CC berth as long as he stays on his feet tomorrow.

I hope so. He's clearly still struggling somewhat with competition nerves, and I think more international experience may help with that (fingers crossed!)

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I can't stop thinking about Aliev at Nationals :drama: :drama: :drama:

Exactly. I know what Yagudin was thinking when he suggested trying again and having the jump attempt block the flying spin, but... I don’t think the TP would be that forgiving.

Aliev... is the world’s hardiest cactus.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Rod Black: "It's up to Keegan to stop the 14-year old Express here."

cohen-esque

Final Flight
It wasn't a 'waxel' though. Waxel's at least leave the ice. Nic slipped before his free-leg/foot even made it to his skating leg/foot.

Does the COP define what qualifies as an 'attempted-jump' or what qualifies as 'intent-to-jump'?

They do, and this will almost certainly count. “Clear preparation and beginning” or something even if they don’t actually leave the ice; I can’t find the handbook because the ISU keeps changing their site and killing all my bookmarks!

Mao’s waxel got called once, and one of the Kerry guy got a F* for a pass he basically just skated right thru with like a second of prep before changing his mind.

Edit:
What is an attempt? In principle, a clear preparation for a take off for a jump, stepping to the entry edge or placing the toe pick into the ice and leaving the ice with or without a turn is considered an attempt of a jump, receives no value and blocks a box.
In some cases, which need to be decided by the TP, the preparation for the take off without leaving the ice might be also called an attempt, e.g. a loop jump take off when the skater falls before leaving the ice, or a skater steps onto the forward take off edge of an Axel and pulls back the free leg and arms, starts the forward movement to jump into the air with the free leg and arms passing through forward but at the last moment does not leave the ice, etc.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Keegan’s bubble-butt bounces him off the ice and back into the programme faster than anyone else.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
On the tech side, Stephen did 4S-3T whereas Nam only did 2T, Stephen does 3Lz and 3Ax vs 3A and 3Fx for Nam, and Stephen got all level 4s, whereas Nam had level 3 on two of the spins. Stephen also got a bit better GOE.

Nam had about 3 points more PCS.

kresslia

Medalist
Rod can't shut up about Gogo's age. I did get a good laugh out of the "Keegan is 2x Gogo's age" tidbit.

rain

Record Breaker
I'd put Keegan above Gogolev, even with the fall. Looked like he rotated the quad, got the axel and a triple-triple. His spins and footwork were light years ahead, not to mention just the overall performance.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Keegan reminds me of those "Cats are liquids not solids" meme with the way his body contorts and his legs flop around, idk how else to describe it