2019 Canadian Nationals Senior Men Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2019 Canadian Nationals Senior Men Short Program

rain

Record Breaker
Oh damn. Sadovsky is so, so talented and beautiful. That pop is tragic (and the stumble in the footwork). The most stunning, best, shoot the duck sit spin in the world. I absolutely love him. Hope he's not too far down and can rally in the long. He's someone who could go to worlds and not tank with inadequate technical content.

kresslia

Medalist
I was looking at the protocols. It looks like so far the judges aren't super generous with GOE's no plus 4 or 5. Can anyone score over 100 in the absence of Patrick Chan?
Keegan can score 96 internationally. So with inflation here, yes.

Kings

Rinkside
We can share that handbasket to hell, as I can’t stop laughing.

(oh god the disaster is still ongoing)

If it makes you feel better, I kept getting distracted by how his blue shirt blended in with the empty seats behind him...

Ah that was hard to watch! Roman is such a gorgeous skater, and I like that he's pushing himself on the technical elements, but when they don't work... ouch :(

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, Stephen's too young, and neither Conrad or Joseph has their senior minimums. So one of Roman or Nic is going to 4CC at least, as long as they stay ahead of Bennet.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I was looking at the protocols. It looks like so far the judges aren't super generous with GOE's no plus 4 or 5. Can anyone score over 100 in the absence of Patrick Chan?

Honestly prob no. Keegan's PB at squeaky clean is 96 or so, and no one else is trying enough harder content to pass him on tech, and no one really can on PCS.

sowcow

On the Ice
No. That waxel would absolutely be counted as a “jump attempt,” which blocks a jumping pass the same way an executed jump does.

It wasn't a 'waxel' though. Waxel's at least leave the ice. Nic slipped before his free-leg/foot even made it to his skating leg/foot.

Does the COP define what qualifies as an 'attempted-jump' or what qualifies as 'intent-to-jump'?

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
82.10 for Roman, in 3rd. That's his highest SP score at a national competition.

malya

On the Ice
Jo also had the fall. And Stephen is arguably more polished than Conrad. But, yeah, you're not wrong.

It's not like it matters much. Jo/Conrad wont get senior spots anyways and after JGF Stephen will go to jnrworlds 100% - I'm curious if the same will happen if they start directly after one another?

Nam, get back in the mojo!!

jillredhand

Record Breaker
God I love Nam's program. And I love to see him going all out on performance! The doubled toe didn't shake him at all, he just kept selling like he was up for a promotion to Regional Sales Manager. YES!!!!!!

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I feel like Nam should overtake Gogolev due to PCS, as even though I love Gogolev, he really doesn’t have the performance chops of Nam or Keegan.

rain

Record Breaker
Go Nam! That should take the lead, IMO. That triple axel was beautiful. Still needs speed, but it was just a lot more sophisticated than Gogolev.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Even with the one pop, projection and commitment has greatly improved in Nam's performance.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Wow, Nam!! Putting on the pressure for the title. He’s an engaging performer.

I know we’re in Canada, but all these nice guy programs are starting to blend together :laugh:

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker