2021-2022 US Women's Figure Skating | Page 265 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 US Women's Figure Skating

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Side note that Fan Zone has free-of-charge video of all Junior competition from 2020 U.S. Nats, 2019 Nats, and 2018 Nats.
The only exceptions are 2019 Junior FD and 2019 Junior Pairs FS.

(Fan Zone also has all Senior competition video from 2020 Nats, except Senior FD.
And all Senior competition video from 2018 Nats.

Plus Novice, Intermediate, Juvenile for 2019 and 2018.)

I know that your original query was about Junior video from 2022 Nats.
But thought it was worth mentioning the availability of earlier years.
I wish they had senior for 2019 nats. Maybe some day.

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
She posted her 2021-2022 short and long to IG with jumps marked. For whatever that is worth. Your guess is probably as good as mine.
It was recorded right after she got it choreographed by Benoit so I wouldn't use it as an indicator of how she's doing.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
But it looks just a little bit positive.. no?
I think the fact that she posted it could indicate that she's doing better? Like if she couldn't skate at all and was staring down the barrel of retirement, maybe she wouldn't appear on Instagram or post it?

Pure speculation here! I miss her so much and those videos really highlighted how much I enjoy her skating.

Last edited:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I think the fact that she posted it could indicate that she's doing better? Like if she couldn't skate at all and was staring down the barrel of retirement, maybe she wouldn't appear on Instagram or post it?

Pure speculation here! I miss her so much and your videos really highlighted how much I enjoy her skating.
This was my feeling too.. I hope she is doing well … well enough so we will see her again🙏🦋

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do we have anyone reporting from Junior Worlds? We have some great looking skaters this year and I'd love to follow the event.
Isn’t it on YouTube like all the other junior events? Edit: I just checked and confirmed it is on YouTube. Men’s short starts in 14 hours

macy

Record Breaker
New article from USFS about Clare Seo who'll be making her Junior Worlds Debut as US Junior Champion

great article. she is skating for the right reasons. i had no idea she is from South Korea and only moved here a couple years ago, wow!

Dogo

On the Ice
I haven't posted a farewell message for Alysa Liu here because, I'm not gonna lie, she broke my skater heart a bit. She is doing this on her own terms. Going on a high note, no current big injuries, no mental meltdowns, and leaving this sport with the same joyful smile that she gave us since she debuted on the international arena while still being very very young. She survived a pandemic, an economic recession, and felt the impact of a major Olympic doping scandal who distracted many. Yet she came unscathed and persevered with her goals. She will always be the kind and beautiful social butterfly that gave me a new reason to love her "Funny Girl" iconic program.

Watching the 16 y.o. boys at Junior Worlds struggle with jumping triples, step sequences, and spins because of injuries and other growing spurt challenges reminds me just how HARDLY earned were all of the achievements that she has acomplished so far (at that same age! On her first Senior year AND yes, w/o doping). From all of her Junior skater peers, I could not be more happy seeing her get on top of a highly competitive 2022 clean World Podium (and deservedly so).

She brought so much to US figure skating and put her mark at the World stage. And did all of this with a sincere smile on her face.

Last edited:

natsulian

Final Flight
I don't have much to say about Alysa because words cannot come to express the impact they have had on US figure skating and beyond. Of what I can say, Alysa was and remains one of those "larger than life" personalities that imbued each competition with effervescent joy. The enormity of Alysa's contributions to US figure skating (and beyond) are monumental. From becoming one of the few women to land a triple-Axel to becoming the first woman to land both a triple-Axel and a quad in one program, Alysa has left a huge mark on figure skating. Whatever Alysa hopes to achieve in the coming years, may they be fruitful.

One of my favorite performances by Liu --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x846mCJvUUg

macy

Record Breaker
i had the pleasure of ice monitoring the ladies SP at 2019 nationals where she won her first US title and sat in the audience for her FS. at this nationals she became the first woman to break Tara Lipinski's record of youngest US champion, became the youngest woman to land a 3A at nationals and in the short program, and broke the SP record (followed by Bradie). she was a breath of fresh air and her joy and love for skating just filled the arena. it really was a privilege to watch so much history be made.