2023 World Figure Skating Championships Pairs Short Program | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2023 World Figure Skating Championships Pairs Short Program

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Okay it is clear the rankings appear to be Japan/USA (1 and 2); Italy 3, Chan and Howe 4 Deanna and Max 5 if they skate clean.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
PCS for them seemed a bit stingy yeah

Yeah, PCS were definitely very stingy for them (PCS PB with a Short without a fall is 30.63, so they lost almost 3 points, while for example Efimova/Blommaert lost nothing in PCS (clean SP 29.26, here 29.17)).

But also in terms of GOE, it felt like their scoring was stingy. In terms of levels, it seems like they didn't do much worse than they usually get, and it's not like they lost so much on the sbs jumps compared to normally (they're rarely ever clean), so the score difference has to at least partially lie in the GOE of the other elements as well 🤔

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
oh well... hate me but i do prefer max and deanna's tango... the Italians are refined but Max and Deanna had more flair
I fully agree but you can tell they have slotted Italy third. Scarey had the death spiral counted more Canada would be further behind. Oh well here comes to the two favourites by far. I really think Deanna and Max skating earlier didn't help but they got ripped off.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Was this song an after thought? NOt really digging it for Japan. Also though they are great they were very far apart on the side by side jumps. There is some cheap imitation vibe of Sui and Han it seems.