2015 Finlandia Trophy Ladies SP and FS | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2015 Finlandia Trophy Ladies SP and FS

ahy

Final Flight
Her bows were so halfhearted, and she barely acknowledged the flower girls initially. I mean, I get it, you had a touch skate, anyone would be unhappy. But her poor attitude indicates a lack of maturity and graciousness that I just find off-putting.
Exactly...

koheikun90

On the Ice
Ooh, Yulia is really pissed off! Those poor flowers and toys.:biggrin:

even more disappointing than her performance was her attitude in the kiss and cry. julia, be gracious to your fans who went out of their way to give you gifts. flat out rude and disgusting if you ask me. no longer a fan of yours.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I love Yulia, but she should've not placed ahead of Joshi or So Youn in the FS placements.

Yeah I agree, but then So Youn has always been underscored in PCS I estimate by approx 4 to 5 points, she used to be around the same level as Rika and Satoko beginning of last year. Julia does benefit from "OGM/Skate while Russian" bonus. She won't able to keep those bonuses if she keep skating like that. She received 61.6 PCS here, Consider Adelina got 66+ PCS with 4 triples including a ! Lutz That is still 5 more,. so take what you will with these PCS gaming.

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
Hannah's jumps are just bad. Tiny, UR, off landings. I'm not really familiar with her skating, but I'm surprised she's on the GP this season.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I liked her Choreography, her skating and expression are very good. Too bad about the jumps...really rough from everyone except Joshi, Rika and SoYoun...who I think should stand on the podium this time.
Even though Yulia is a personal favorite. :cry:

randomfan

Record Breaker
So the podium is
1. Rika by a large amount
2. Yulia who (although I'm a fan) I honestly think should be in 3rd
3. Joshi

And So Youn finishes 4th.

tulosai

Record Breaker
even more disappointing than her performance was her attitude in the kiss and cry. julia, be gracious to your fans who went out of their way to give you gifts. flat out rude and disgusting if you ask me. no longer a fan of yours.

I'm not sure she needs or wants fans like you...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Julia started off really well but kinda lost it toward the middle there. Just not enough content to challenge what Rika did. Julia will definitely get a boost from her spins (much better here than in the SP) but I don't think it'll be enough to account for the no 3-3 or 2-3 and the fall. She's got a lot of work to do before the GP starts.

This program is rather blah. It's just skate from one end to the next. Comparing it to Rika's program which had changes in tempo and mood and had moments of choreography, Julia's is kinda empty by comparison.

This program is a bit blah because it isn't finished yet ;) Well know for certain after her boot camp with Marina that's about to happen for the next few weeks if she is going to start rebounding yet and I f this program will have legs. SA will be a much better judge of that. This event is good for Julia in that she's struggling but still going out there and trying. Sounds like she's slowly improving from last season and that's what her and her fans need to see.

I haven't seen the skate yet but I think it's funny how before everyone said she was to quick and didn't hold out her movements. Now people say she's too slow. It's funny if ya think about it. :laugh:

Can't wait to see So Youns FS.

Last edited:

just wondering

On the Ice
even more disappointing than her performance was her attitude in the kiss and cry. julia, be gracious to your fans who went out of their way to give you gifts. flat you rude and disgusting if you ask me. no longer a fan of yours.

Very pouty in the K&C. Won't necessarily keep me from being a fan, but really unkind. Hope it was a one-off kind of response.

robinhood

Rinkside
Rika doesn't have the range of movement that Jason has (who does?) but I think the program suits her to a T. It's lively, energetic and she exudes a lot of energy, confidence and commitment. Much much better than Carmen

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, I thought of them while watching Rika actually, although Jason's program was good.

I didn't watch Rika's program. But from everyone's saying, I would probably would have thought of Jason. Probably due to 1. He's one of my 3 favorite skaters. And 2. I joined the skating fandom during the 2014 Olympics.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I do not agree on Jason's program to be iconic though. To me Riverdance performed by Shae-Lynn Bourne and Victor Kraatz is what iconic actually is.

Agree 100% I remember how excited I was watching them at the Olympics in 1998. And they also wore green colours :)

gmyers

Record Breaker
I think Yulia is a lovely skater, and I like the FS much better than her SP, as it suits her much better. Having said that, I just can't get over her obvious unhappiness and foul mood when she messes up. Her bows were so halfhearted, and she barely acknowledged the flower girls initially. I mean, I get it, you had a tough skate, anyone would be unhappy. But her poor attitude indicates a lack of maturity and graciousness that I just find off-putting. Hopefully she gets it together, both during her performances and afterwards.

Anyway, on a brighter note, I loved Rika's SP and LP. I love her energy level and her ability to perform- reminds me of Radionova in that regard, and they both have posture/refinement problems, though I think Rika has actually improved more over the last year than Elena (though Elena is my favorite). I find I am a fan of Rika now too!

Lipnitskaia may still be thinking of retirement but I really didn't see anything different with the flower girls? Most skaters don't acknowledge them.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I didn't watch Rika's program. But from everyone's saying, I would probably would have thought of Jason. Probably due to 1. He's one of my 3 favorite skaters. And 2. I joined the skating fandom during the 2014 Olympics.

Yeah, 1998 and B&K's FD was a long time ago now. I'm surprised how many people don't remember or know about it, but then I think it WAS more than 15 years ago.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Congratulations! :hb:

SkaterSP ScoreFS TESFS PCSTotal Score
Rika HONGO65.7561.1160.59187.45
Julia LIPNITSKAIA62.8148.9261.60172.33
Joshi HELGESSON56.6956.3251.27164.28
So Youn PARK51.5155.4053.02159.93
Viveca LINDFORS51.1454.3645.62151.12
Hannah MILLER54.4944.0454.60150.13
Lutricia BOCK53.4541.3146.63140.39