2015-2016 Programs by Discipline | Page 107 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Programs by Discipline

robredo40

On the Ice
Weaver and Poje`s fd is very good, the haunting voice of Dinah Washington works, the Judges seemed to like it the PCS were very high for this early in the season, i thought the coreography and the lifts were great, Kaitlyn has really improved her line, i hope they win the world title this year, the Shibs program is overrated coldplay is more suited for an exhibition program than a competitive one pretty much anybody can skate to fix you and make it work.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Weaver and Poje`s fd is very good, the haunting voice of Dinah Washington works, the Judges seemed to like it the PCS were very high for this early in the season, i thought the coreography and the lifts were great, Kaitlyn has really improved her line, i hope they win the world title this year, the Shibs program is overrated coldplay is more suited for an exhibition program than a competitive one pretty much anybody can skate to fix you and make it work.

IMHO, the Shibs haven't even begun to interpret fix you. But I think finally a fire has been lit within them and they are approaching the skating quality they had in 2011. Good for them I say and great for ID in general.

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
IMHO, the Shibs haven't even begun to interpret fix you. But I think finally a fire has been lit within them and they are approaching the skating quality they had in 2011. Good for them I say and great for ID in general.
My exact thoughts. As the season goes on, I expect to see this program grow. IMO, their FD is a million times better than Chock/Bates', and part of me believes that they should win US Nats.

As for Weapo's free, I really don't think the lyrics work. It sounds like someone put them over unrelated music. Weapo are performers, and it shows in their PCs. I just really don't like this program as much as I have every other program of theirs. It's missing something.

bramweld

Record Breaker
My exact thoughts. As the season goes on, I expect to see this program grow. IMO, their FD is a million times better than Chock/Bates', and part of me believes that they should win US Nats.

As for Weapo's free, I really don't think the lyrics work. It sounds like someone put them over unrelated music. Weapo are performers, and it shows in their PCs. I just really don't like this program as much as I have every other program of theirs. It's missing something.

I on the other hand I just love it. It has a certain edge, but the technique doesn't quite have the perfect mix of smoothness and snap yet. But knowing them we'll get to see that as the season progresses. They just ooze connection and chemistry. But that's just me...

LRK

Record Breaker
How many skaters are using spoken dialgue in their programs this year?

It seems that instead of having one major trend like last year's POTO, we have several trends. Some people, of course, manage to combine two - like R&J with spoken dialogue. And how come two different programs hit on the same idea?

And with two Titanic with spoken dialogue, there's quite a bit of Leonardo di Caprio whispering about the rinks...

If they wanted Leo so badly, why couldn't they have done Inception instead? (sulks)

Also, how long until someone comes up with having a Shakesearean monologue running through the entire program? Artistic and cultivated, no? "To be or not to be... " ;)

Just... curious.:)

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Does anyone know what is that instrumental music in Shibs' FD between the Fix you parts? I think they changed it after the Ondrej Nepela? Doesn't seem to be Fix you instrumental, but sounds really nice to me. :)

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
Does anyone know what is that instrumental music in Shibs' FD between the Fix you parts? I think they changed it after the Ondrej Nepela? Doesn't seem to be Fix you instrumental, but sounds really nice to me. :)

It's an instrumental version of The Scientist, also by Coldplay. :)

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
I on the other hand I just love it. It has a certain edge, but the technique doesn't quite have the perfect mix of smoothness and snap yet. But knowing them we'll get to see that as the season progresses. They just ooze connection and chemistry. But that's just me...
I think that's what ruins it for me... it's not smooth yet. Who knows, by the end of the season this could be my favorite program, the connection is there and the music is lovely. It's really just missing something, and I'm not sure what that is.

How many skaters are using spoken dialgue in their programs this year?

It seems that instead of having one major trend like last year's POTO, we have several trends. Some people, of course, manage to combine two - like R&J with spoken dialogue. And how come two different programs hit on the same idea?

And with two Titanic with spoken dialogue, there's quite a bit of Leonardo di Caprio whispering about the rinks...

If they wanted Leo so badly, why couldn't they have done Inception instead? (sulks)

Also, how long until someone comes up with having a Shakesearean monologue running through the entire program? Artistic and cultivated, no? "To be or not to be... " ;)

Just... curious.:)

I don't mind the Titanic dialogue. It's my favorite OST, and hearing some of the iconic lines from the movie is really interesting! I love Jorik Hendrickx's program. And hey, I love Shakepeare, so a monologue may be cool.... if the music fits :)

Last edited:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
It seems that instead of having one major trend like last year's POTO, we have several trends.

We have at least 22 Romeo & Juliets this season. I shudder to think what you might consider to be MAJOR.

Bobrova & Soloviev
Han Yan
Pogrebinsky & Benoit
Efimova & MacMillan
Weaver & Poje
Moore-Towers & Marinaro
Michael Christian Martinez
Nicole Schott
Roman Sadovsky
Linde LaChance & Kenneth Anderson
Rin Nataya
Maria Sotskova
Chih-I Tsao
Kailani Craine
Ciara Hoey
Kathryn Winstanley
James & Cipres
Della Monica & Guarise
Salome Abdedou & Dylan Antunes
Sofia Evdokimova & Egor Bazin
Pavel Ignatenko
June Hyoung Lee

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
We have at least 22 Romeo & Juliets this season. I shudder to think what you might consider to be MAJOR.

Bobrova & Soloviev
Han Yan
Pogrebinsky & Benoit
Efimova & MacMillan
Weaver & Poje
Moore-Towers & Marinaro
Michael Christian Martinez
Nicole Schott
Roman Sadovsky
Linde LaChance & Kenneth Anderson
Rin Nataya
Maria Sotskova
Chih-I Tsao
Kailani Craine
Ciara Hoey
Kathryn Winstanley
James & Cipres
Della Monica & Guarise
Salome Abdedou & Dylan Antunes
Sofia Evdokimova & Egor Bazin
Pavel Ignatenko
June Hyoung Lee

Oh, dear! More than I thought! What I meant to say was that we had several trends going, instead of merely one big one - actually, it is true that I was initally going to say several smaller trends in the post you quoted - but then I myself realised that this wasn't accurate at all. So therefore I refrained from qualifying the several trends. Still, again, I had not realised just how big the R&J trend was - thanks for pointing it out:) - it's pretty jaw-dropping.:)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Misha Ge has updated his bio!

Music Short Program / Short Dance as of season 2015/2016
Pagliacci performed by Luciano Pavarotti
Music Free Skating / Free Dance as of season 2015/2016
Nocturne No. 19 in E Minor op 72 No. 1 by Frederic Chopin

seabm7

Final Flight
Rebeka Kim / Kirill Minov, SD at Volvo Open Cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAIDCR22Byg

This time they did not get the music deduction. The waltz part is the same as before. The last music piece is changed, sounding similar to a Michael Bublé voice, but their ISU bio does not say anything.

Last edited:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Nocturne No. 19 in E Minor op 72 No. 1 by Frederic Chopin

Sigh. More Chopin. I didn't realize how much of this there was, but I believe we sat through at least seven programs just at Skate Canada. And that is quite a lot for a single GP event. Even when the music is responsible for one of my favorite Mao Asada programs. There really is a LOT of piano music this season, especially within the men's event. I can't believe it. At my first Worlds in 2001, there was one--one--guy who skated to piano music during the short program. And it really stood out beautifully against all the pounding soundtracks/music the guys were using.

Now not an Xotica to be found. LOL.

Still, I find this trend baffling. It's not like you couldn't predict Hanyu would keep his SP.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Rebeka Kim / Kirill Minov, SD at Volvo Open Cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAIDCR22Byg

This time they did not get the music deduction. The waltz part is the same as before. The last music piece is changed, sounding similar to a Michael Bublé voice, but their ISU bio does not say anything.

Their wikipedia says they are now using Bim Bam by Sam Butera, but it does not sound right to me.

seabm7

Final Flight
Their wikipedia says they are now using Bim Bam by Sam Butera, but it does not sound right to me.

1) Bim Bam is their first SD version, which was used at Ice Star. But they got music deduction.
2) Love Makes the World Go 'Round is their second SD version, which was used at CS Mordovian Ornament, which incurred music deduction again.
3) Now they have the 3rd version at Volvo Open Cup. Finally they didn't get music deduction :hap10:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Some updates for dance, from bios.

Teams are being more explicit about their music. The bolded parts are new:

Penny Coomes & Nicholas Buckland GBR
SD My Sweet and Tender Beast by Doga; Polka: The Bartered Bride by Bedrich Smetana; choreo by Philip Askew, Zhanna Palagina
FD Exogenesis Part 1 by Muse, Hurricanes and Butterflies by Muse; choreo by Philip Askew, Zhanna Palagina

1 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER CAN
SD Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by.the Beatles,
March: German Dance No. 6 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
Waltz: Air pour les sauvages by Rameau by Orchestra of the 18th Century; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguljaevs, and P.Poirier & P. Gilles

FD "She Said" by Jorane from the I Am Dina soundtrack and Neverland (Saudade); choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguljaevs and P.Poirier & P. Gilles

Note Chris Dean has been removed from the choreographer list and Piper and Paul substituted.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Laurine Lecavelier FRA
SP I Know You (from "Fifty Shades of Grey" soundtrack); choreo by Fabian Bourzat and Flora Gapin
FS Perfidia (from "Shall We Dance" soundtrack); Mujer Latina; Besame Mucho; Mambo Swing by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy; choreo by Fabian Bourzat and Flora Gapin